• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Hugo Lloris

By Chris Teale
MORE ON*:* France, Tottenham,
Hugo Lloris has insisted that he focused on his duties for France ahead of Les Blues’ opening World Cup 2014 qualifiers, despite his recent move to*Tottenham.

France face Finland and Belarus during the international break, and the national side’s captain has dismissed claims that his deadline-day move to White Hart Lane has hampered his preparation after a summer of uncertainly over his future.

Lloris told France Football: "About my personal situation, it is neither the place nor the time to discuss this.

“I think I'm professional enough to make sense of things.

he's telling deschamp to shut up.

Can someone explain to me what the hell has happened ?

Journalist to AVB: "Brad Freidel was MOTM for you today against Norwich and appears to be in the form of his life, but obviously you've just spent a lot of money on Hugh Lloris, does this mean Brad will be dropped?"

AVB to journalist: "Not necessarily. Just because Lloris has signed a contract doesn't mean he gets to play all the time. Brad has done well and its his shirt to lose for the time being!"

Journalist prints back-page story: "AVB SAYS LLORIS IS NUMBER TWO AND WILL BE SITTING ON THE BENCH!

French journalists to Didier Deschamps at France press-conference: "What do you think about Lloris maybe not being No 1 at Spurs?"

Didier Deschamps: "I don't really want to comment on this issue as it will create problems here and in england. There's not actually a problem at the moment so i don't want to create one, but obviously if Hugo ends up not playing we'll have to review things if that happens - Hugo didn't appreciate the comments"

French/English journo back-page headline: "HUGO HATES AVB AND THINKS HE'S SATAN, DESCHAMPS SLAMS AVB WHO HAS THE MAN-MANAGEMENT SKILLS OF A SYRIAN DICTATOR AND EVERYONE WHO HAS EVER PLAYED FOR HIM HATES HIM AND THINKS HE RAPES BABIES"

Jermain Defoe in England press-conference: "I'm really enjoying working with AVB, i've had several chats with him and i'm feeling really positive, the squad mood is really positive and everyone is buying into the new training and tactics, but it is going to take time to adjust to the new system!"

Journalists: "fudge"

Journalist to AVB: "Brad Freidel was MOTM for you today against Norwich and appears to be in the form of his life, but obviously you've just spent a lot of money on Hugh Lloris, does this mean Brad will be dropped?"

AVB to journalist: "Not necessarily. Just because Lloris has signed a contract doesn't mean he gets to play all the time. Brad has done well and its his shirt to lose for the time being!"

Journalist prints back-page story: "AVB SAYS LLORIS IS NUMBER TWO AND WILL BE SITTING ON THE BENCH!

French journalists to Didier Deschamps at France press-conference: "What do you think about Lloris maybe not being No 1 at Spurs?"

Didier Deschamps: "I don't really want to comment on this issue as it will create problems here and in england. There's not actually a problem at the moment so i don't want to create one, but obviously if Hugo ends up not playing we'll have to review things if that happens - Hugo didn't appreciate the comments"

French/English journo back-page headline: "HUGO HATES AVB AND THINKS HE'S SATAN, DESCHAMPS SLAMS AVB WHO HAS THE MAN-MANAGEMENT SKILLS OF A SYRIAN DICTATOR AND EVERYONE WHO HAS EVER PLAYED FOR HIM HATES HIM AND THINKS HE RAPES BABIES"

Jermain Defoe in England press-conference: "I'm really enjoying working with AVB, i've had several chats with him and i'm feeling really positive, the squad mood is really positive and everyone is buying into the new training and tactics, but it is going to take time to adjust to the new system!"

Journalists: "fudge"

And that is fudging shocking from journo's, but nothing less than what I expect from them tbh.

Friedel: I'm still No 1

Veteran vows to do his utmost to stay above Lloris in pecking order

Last updated: 10th September 2012

Friedel, 41, was in fine form between the sticks in Tottenham's 1-1 draw against Norwich while Lloris, who signed for the club on deadline day for £12m, was left on the bench.

And the veteran insists he is looking forward to the challenge of staying ahead of Lloris, Carlo Cudicini and Heurelho Gomes as the season progresses.

"It's great to have competition," he told Goals on Sunday. "I'm 41 right now; when I signed the contract at Tottenham I signed as a stop gap while they looked for a long-term No 1 goalkeeper.

"Carlo Cudicini, who is an outstanding goalkeeper, has just turned 39; Heurelho Gomes, who is an outstanding goalkeeper as well is 31. Tottenham Hotspur deserve a long-term goalkeeper.

"Hugo Lloris is going to come in and he's going to be, I'm assuming, a very good goalkeeper. It's a tricky situation to come into the Premier League because it does take some learning.

"When I first came in I had probably my worst year-and-a-half spell of my entire career at Liverpool while I was learning my way - but it's an invaluable experience as well.

"Hugo Lloris is France's No 1 and he's going to want to come in and play; it's a friendly competition, if you like. You have to understand Hugo Lloris is going to be a team-mate, not an enemy.

"I want to play; I've always wanted to play. However, I would never demean the manager or spit my dummy out, so to speak, if I'm not.

"The fact of the matter is, right now, we have four quality goalkeepers at the football club. Right now I believe the shirt is mine to lose. I believe the manager came out and said that.

"I thnk everyone just needs to have open and honest dialogue through the whole thing because at the end of the day what's best is for Tottenham to get points on the board. It's easier, though, to say that when you are a 41-year-old rather than a 25-year-old facing the big breaking point of his career."

Champions League blow

Spurs accumulated 69 points last season to finish fourth in the Premier League and would have earned a place in this season's Champions League had Chelsea - who finished sixth - displaced them by winning Europe's most prestigious club competition on penalties.

Friedel admitted that missing out was a bitter pill to swallow after such a successful season.

"It was tough to deal with - it's not a great feeling," he told Kammy and Ben. "When Didier Drogba was walking up to take the final penalty I turned around because I knew he was going to score.

"For the next week or so you are very low but then you have to get over it and start a new season afresh. We've come in with a new manager, some new players and we have to get on with things and I fully anticipate us having a very good season.

"We all wanted to play in the Champions League - contrary to a lot of reports I don't think there were too many players thinking about the cash bonus."

Friedel conceded that Spurs might have qualified for the Champions League as of right if their form had not dipped in early 2012 at around the same time as then manager Harry Redknapp started to be linked with the England manager's job vacated by Fabio Capello.

However the goalkeeper denied that there was any clear link between the speculation and the team's form.

"The [dip in results] was more coincidental because the day-to-day management of the club didn't change," he said. "The players didn't walk in every morning thinking 'is Harry going to England?' That didn't happen.

"One thing that did happen was that the media never stopped. The question was asked at every press conference. Everywhere I went it was the same; I'd go out to a restaurant and someone would come up and ask 'is Harry going to England'. It just kept going on and on.

"Off the field it certainly didn't help but as far as it affecting us as players and our performances on the pitch, I don't think it did. There were a lot of games where we played well and we maybe didn't score at the right time and conceded at the wrong time.

"At the end of the day we weren't contracted to Harry Redknapp; we are contracted to Tottenham Hotspur Football Club and that's the key."

http://www.skysports.com/tv_show/story/0,,12384_8067720,00.html

Hugo Lloris set for Villas-Boas talks after admitting comments were 'not nice' to hear

Last Updated: September 10, 2012 8:28am

Hugo Lloris is waiting to see where he figures in Andre Villas-Boas' plans after admitting it is 'never nice' to hear he may not be considered first choice.

The France international, who is widely regarded as one of the finest goalkeepers in the world, joined Tottenham Hotspur on deadline day.

However, he faces a fight to dislodge Brad Friedel from the team after Villas-Boas declared last weekend that the place belonged to the American.

France boss Didier Deschamps has claimed that Lloris is concerned about the situation, and the former Lyon shot-stopper has now revealed for the first time that he did not appreciate Villas-Boas' comments.

Lloris is staying focused on France ahead of their World Cup qualifier against Belarus on Tuesday, and will then head back to White Hart Lane to find out what is happening.

Questioned about what Villas-Boas said, Lloris said: "Obviously it's never nice, but we'll see when we return to work on Wednesday.

"When I join up with the national team I concentrate uniquely on that and we'll see about my personal situation as soon as I go back."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/...fter-admitting-comments-were-not-nice-to-hear

Lol I can't think of a story in recent times that has been blown more out of proportion than this.

The only thing that I can think of to defend Lloris is that the quotes have been misinterpreted when being transalted in the French media. Because although what AVB said was absolutely fine, a couple of tweeks in what he said and it could easily be misinterpreted.....

media are loving this though, the tossers have got a bit fudge off spoon and are stirring a huge pot of brick.

Friedel: I'm still No 1

Veteran vows to do his utmost to stay above Lloris in pecking order

Last updated: 10th September 2012

Friedel, 41, was in fine form between the sticks in Tottenham's 1-1 draw against Norwich while Lloris, who signed for the club on deadline day for £12m, was left on the bench.

And the veteran insists he is looking forward to the challenge of staying ahead of Lloris, Carlo Cudicini and Heurelho Gomes as the season progresses.

"It's great to have competition," he told Goals on Sunday. "I'm 41 right now; when I signed the contract at Tottenham I signed as a stop gap while they looked for a long-term No 1 goalkeeper.

"Carlo Cudicini, who is an outstanding goalkeeper, has just turned 39; Heurelho Gomes, who is an outstanding goalkeeper as well is 31. Tottenham Hotspur deserve a long-term goalkeeper.

"Hugo Lloris is going to come in and he's going to be, I'm assuming, a very good goalkeeper. It's a tricky situation to come into the Premier League because it does take some learning.

"When I first came in I had probably my worst year-and-a-half spell of my entire career at Liverpool while I was learning my way - but it's an invaluable experience as well.

"Hugo Lloris is France's No 1 and he's going to want to come in and play; it's a friendly competition, if you like. You have to understand Hugo Lloris is going to be a team-mate, not an enemy.

"I want to play; I've always wanted to play. However, I would never demean the manager or spit my dummy out, so to speak, if I'm not.

"The fact of the matter is, right now, we have four quality goalkeepers at the football club. Right now I believe the shirt is mine to lose. I believe the manager came out and said that.

"I thnk everyone just needs to have open and honest dialogue through the whole thing because at the end of the day what's best is for Tottenham to get points on the board. It's easier, though, to say that when you are a 41-year-old rather than a 25-year-old facing the big breaking point of his career."

Champions League blow

Spurs accumulated 69 points last season to finish fourth in the Premier League and would have earned a place in this season's Champions League had Chelsea - who finished sixth - displaced them by winning Europe's most prestigious club competition on penalties.

Friedel admitted that missing out was a bitter pill to swallow after such a successful season.

"It was tough to deal with - it's not a great feeling," he told Kammy and Ben. "When Didier Drogba was walking up to take the final penalty I turned around because I knew he was going to score.

"For the next week or so you are very low but then you have to get over it and start a new season afresh. We've come in with a new manager, some new players and we have to get on with things and I fully anticipate us having a very good season.

"We all wanted to play in the Champions League - contrary to a lot of reports I don't think there were too many players thinking about the cash bonus."

Friedel conceded that Spurs might have qualified for the Champions League as of right if their form had not dipped in early 2012 at around the same time as then manager Harry Redknapp started to be linked with the England manager's job vacated by Fabio Capello.

However the goalkeeper denied that there was any clear link between the speculation and the team's form.

"The [dip in results] was more coincidental because the day-to-day management of the club didn't change," he said. "The players didn't walk in every morning thinking 'is Harry going to England?' That didn't happen.

"One thing that did happen was that the media never stopped. The question was asked at every press conference. Everywhere I went it was the same; I'd go out to a restaurant and someone would come up and ask 'is Harry going to England'. It just kept going on and on.

"Off the field it certainly didn't help but as far as it affecting us as players and our performances on the pitch, I don't think it did. There were a lot of games where we played well and we maybe didn't score at the right time and conceded at the wrong time.

"At the end of the day we weren't contracted to Harry Redknapp; we are contracted to Tottenham Hotspur Football Club and that's the key."

http://www.skysports.com/tv_show/story/0,,12384_8067720,00.html

No he wasnt you dumb lying tacos.

LLoris is starting to annoy me now before he has even played for us. Who does he think he is? Surely he must understand that he doesn't necessarily walk straight into the team when Friedel has been performing well. Surely he also understands that it won't be long until he is our first choice goalkeeper considering Brad's age. Surely he understands that AVB's comments after the Norwich game were the only appropriate ones in that situation. I might not agree with averything AVB has done so far, but I thought he got that spot on. I think Lloris should deal with this in a much more professional way. He risks making himself unpopular amongst Spurs-fans before his first training session.

LLoris is starting to annoy me now before he has even played for us. Who does he think he is? Surely he must understand that he doesn't necessarily walk straight into the team when Friedel has been performing well. Surely he also understands that it won't be long until he is our first choice goalkeeper considering Brad's age. Surely he understands that AVB's comments after the Norwich game were the only appropriate ones in that situation. I might not agree with averything AVB has done so far, but I thought he got that spot on. I think Lloris should deal with this in a much more professional way. He risks making himself unpopular amongst Spurs-fans before his first training session.

He is one of the best keepers in the world, thats who he is. Friedel has made a couple of good saves, nothing more. Cant remember last time he kept a clean sheet. How do we know he doesnt understand what AVB is saying and its the interviewer thats asking him the right questions to get the story he wants ? and How do you know he wasnt told by Levy he would be first choice ?

He's already made himself unpopular with you, let's hope Spurs fans can see exactly what is happening with out jumping to conclusions like you have.......Scrub that, this is Spurs fans were talking about.

Yes. He understands all that and will deal with it in a professional manner.

Such a shame that doesn't make much of a headline.

You are getting drawn in here by the media and are branding Lloris unprofessional based on not a lot. The only direct quote from Lloris on the whole thing is that it is not 'nice' to be number 2. Fair enough. Hardly worth hanging the guy over it, is it?
I'm pretty sure that Lloris will be between the posts soon enough on merit. If he is not that is because Brad is playing better and deserves to stay there. Either way it's good for Spurs. This is a non-story, simple as.

Aside, I saw goals on Sunday and I have to say Brad was excellent in that interview, and certainly tactful in his responses.

Funny also that all the war headlines now read: Lloris st for AVB talks, Lloris demanding AVB meeting, Lloris preparing for AVB confrontation...except that nowhere in these quotes from him does it say that. He's simply finishing up with the national team and then he'll see what the situation is when he gets back. He hasn't been eligible to play a game for us yet and to my knowledge hasn't even practiced. This is just the media stirring up a s**tstorm to create headlines. Let's give the big man a break and see what happens.

Funny also that all the war headlines now read: Lloris st for AVB talks, Lloris demanding AVB meeting, Lloris preparing for AVB confrontation...except that nowhere in these quotes from him does it say that. He's simply finishing up with the national team and then he'll see what the situation is when he gets back. He hasn't been eligible to play a game for us yet and to my knowledge hasn't even practiced. This is just the media stirring up a s**tstorm to create headlines. Let's give the big man a break and see what happens.

Exactly.

The FACTS are:

Lloris signed on August 31st.
Lloris was ineligible to play on September 1st.
Lloris kept a clean sheet for France.
Lloris hasn't trained with Spurs yet.
AVB hasn't had to make a decision between Brad and Hugo yet.

I think people are giving Lloris and AVB a hard time, when neither has done or said anything wrong. I worry that the media have a bit of a De Gea view of Lloris and might try and give him the same treatment, this being the start of it.

Lloris MIGHT expect to be number 1. If so that pobably comes from being number 1 at Lyon for 4 years, where he was a Champions League regular and also for France where he is the captain. He MAY have even been told by Levy/AVB/Parks that he'll be first choice during the negotiations.

Brad clearly thinks the jersey is his to lose. But I imagine he knows that Lloris is a quality goalkeeper and there is a good chance he will lose out. Generally, as long as AVB picks the best keeper no one can complain.

***As a side note - Gomes has been out injured since pre-season. Who says that he wouldn't be first choice over Brad in AVB's eyes.

Last edited:
I certainly agree that the media is making this bigger than it is, but Lloris has also added fuel to the fire with his comment. Instead of saying what he did, he should have given one of those boring comments like: "I am not concerned with AVB's comments. I realize that there will always be tough competition for places at a big club like Tottenham, but I will work hard to make the position mine". If he had said something along those lines, there would have been no story at all. I think Brad Friedel is taking a more professional stance in his comments to the media.

I certainly agree that the media is making this bigger than it is, but Lloris has also added fuel to the fire with his comment. Instead of saying what he did, he should have given one of those boring comments like: "I am not concerned with AVB's comments. I realize that there will always be tough competition for places at a big club like Tottenham, but I will work hard to make the position mine". If he had said something along those lines, there would have been no story at all. I think Brad Friedel is taking a more professional stance in his comments to the media.

All he said was it's never nice to hear bu at the moment he's just thinking of the France matches. Nothing wrong with that. Also remember, English isn't his first language and things can get lost in translation!

Having seen the way keepers like De Gea and Gomes had difficulty adapting to the Premier League, I'm sure Lloris realises he will need bedding in. It's in his favour that he apparently enjoys the rougher side of goalkeeping like skirmishes at corners so he may be part of the way there already. Friedel knows he is not going to be around for much longer and his words, that Spurs signed him as a stopgap while they search for a No.1 should be encouraging for Lloris longterm.

Back