• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Winks

Not his fault. In a midfield duo with Dembele, the *latter* is the one with the responsibility - Winks is just 21, he's young, he's new. Dembele is the experienced one. He was the one who had the task of helping young Winks out.

Not his fault. In a midfield duo with Dembele, the *latter* is the one with the responsibility - Winks is just 21, he's young, he's new. Dembele is the experienced one. He was the one who had the task of helping young Winks out.
While Winks has shown so much potential he’s just too raw for all these big minutes in big games. If mr. wanyama is not back soon I hope Poch gets Levy to whip out his purse and buy us a good, young DM to share the load, especially as Dembélé does seem well under and below his best.

Reactions: DTA
for me both Winks and Dele think they have made it, their ego's feed by the media,
they need to understand it takes hard work to be a top player
look how hard Ronaldo works to stay a top player

While Winks has shown so much potential he’s just too raw for all these big minutes in big games. If mr. wanyama is not back soon I hope Poch gets Levy to whip out his purse and buy us a good, young DM to share the load, especially as Dembélé does seem well under and below his best.

I'm sure Dier would've been played in CM had we had Toby and/or Sanchez available. Injuries and Sanchez' red card (just a brush of the hair compared to that dude who was let off the hook with a yellow after kicking Kane in the face), have forced us to reshuffle in defence and midfield. Buying a new player just for the sake of it, won't solve that.

I don't think Winks has an ego, seems pretty grounded but it's his first season regularly starting games and City are probably the best team in Europe at the moment. He was also quite poor recently (against Leicester I think) but is still learning.

Surpirsing on the BT Sport stats after the game he has the highest pass completion percentage at 94% of anyone in the game, most passes were sideways/backwards from what I saw. His positioning was also very poor, didn't track players back at all though he wasn't the only one.

He looked like a fresh 21 year old up against an experienced side. He's looked older than his years for most of this season, but today was one of those where he got shown up.
He really did. But he wasn't alone. And with the players we lacked the tactical flexibility to adjust to give him better working conditions.

He'll learn.
for me both Winks and Dele think they have made it, their ego's feed by the media,
they need to understand it takes hard work to be a top player
look how hard Ronaldo works to stay a top player
One poor game...

Sent from my [device_name] using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Give us our crocked and banned players back and the game would have been much tighter

Winks was woefully left exposed against arguably the best midfield in Europe.
Dembele was neither use nor ornament yesterday!

No. Dembele was to blame, and Poch's tactics were to blame. Not Winks.
Winks was poor too. A shadow of the player he's been in big games previously this season. He can be excused to sine extent, it was a very difficult game and he was left exposed. But he got even simple things wrong and failed to deliver the positive impact we've come to expect from him.

His first really poor game as far as I can remember, I'm sure he'll bounce back. Just as I'm sure he will see this as a poor performance himself.

Winks was poor too. A shadow of the player he's been in big games previously this season. He can be excused to sine extent, it was a very difficult game and he was left exposed. But he got even simple things wrong and failed to deliver the positive impact we've come to expect from him.

His first really poor game as far as I can remember, I'm sure he'll bounce back. Just as I'm sure he will see this as a poor performance himself.

I have no doubt he'll see his own performance as poor. Doesn't change the fact, though, that his midfield partner left him out to dry despite being (by far) the more experienced player - and that his manager set up very, very wrong, which left him at a disadvantage from the start. Those are very large extenuating factors in my eyes, which is why I think he deserves a lot of slack.

Some of the post are simply staggering. Yes Winks had a mare... yes, he cost us the first goal with some naive ball watching; yes, if he had some nous he would have gone down over the trailing leg where he had lost control of the ball, which, at 2-0 could have reopened the game.

But he is not the first player bamboozled by the world class Emirates Marketing Project midfield trio - especially when he was constantly looking out to the right to support Trippier.

So but him some flak, FFS!! The kid has done phenomenally well in a few short months and we should be grateful we have him - big time!!

Winks was poor of that there is no doubt, however Dembele was worse and he has been most of this season. I said during the summer that it would not surprise me if Poch would look at finding a replacement for him because of the injurys and his lack of imposing himself.

I have said this before ( and took stick for it) but he is a player who generally promises more then he actually delivers and with his injurys is not going to get any better.

The formation and tactics left both Winks and Dembele with too much to do. I wouldn't blame either of them really.
Nah mate
Dembele was diabolical yesterday. Couldn’t do anything right. Dawdled on the ball, couldn’t beat the press with his running, gave away cheap, niggly fouls. Not sure what has happened to the immense player we had 2 seasons ago. He was a big reason for us losing in the manner we did yesterday. I can’t really see what other formation Poch could have played with the personnel he had available tbh.

Winks was poor of that there is no doubt, however Dembele was worse and he has been most of this season. I said during the summer that it would not surprise me if Poch would look at finding a replacement for him because of the injurys and his lack of imposing himself.

I have said this before ( and took stick for it) but he is a player who generally promises more then he actually delivers and with his injurys is not going to get any better.

The thing the really gets me is the guy could have been so so good. But the lack of a final product he is one of the most frustrating players I've ever watched...a true waste of talent.

Back