• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Winks

Yes it is highly unlikely but impossible? Eight games to the final, some of which we could afford to draw or even conceivably lose and still go through to the next round. Leicester City proved nothing is impossible especially if you have the wind in your sails and your name on the trophy.

So yes I fully take on board your point about the need to build but I still dare to dream.
Forget Leicester City (and I wish I could sometimes) -- what about Chelsea's jammy-as-hell CL win that dashed our own qualification after we finished 4th? If they can do it...

Of course, I don't think there's any chance that we'll win it. We'll come up against an on-form team that simply plays smarter European knock-out football. Or Manchester Bloody United.

That passing stat is crazy, even against a mediocre team like Apoel. The whole team combined rarely have more than 4-500 passes per game, IIRC. For one player to have made one quarter of those, is insane. English Iniesta Indeed.

And the best part is, at least a third of those (if not more) were long, raking balls to the wings or into the feet of the forwards from deep in midfield. They weren't sideways passes.

He'll be some goddamn player if he's carefully managed.

And the best part is, at least a third of those (if not more) were long, raking balls to the wings or into the feet of the forwards from deep in midfield. They weren't sideways passes.

Or a one season wonder! (Not).

Thought he was more ambitious with his passing than he has been in most games. Only natural when up against a smaller team, but I hope to see more of that in the league too as he develops.

That passing stat is crazy, even against a mediocre team like Apoel. The whole team combined rarely have more than 4-500 passes per game, IIRC. For one player to have made one quarter of those, is insane. English Iniesta Indeed.
According to https://www.whoscored.com/Matches/1...ions-League-2017-2018-Tottenham-APOEL-Nicosia we attempted 687 passes as a team last night but Winks still accounted for almost a fifth of those.

And his passing map highlights how many forward passes Winks made, no Vinny Sideways this lad :D

D748FC3B-D97D-411A-8A3A-F9A9C3D8B713.jpeg

According to https://www.whoscored.com/Matches/1...ions-League-2017-2018-Tottenham-APOEL-Nicosia we attempted 687 passes as a team last night but Winks still accounted for almost a fifth of those.

And his passing map highlights how many forward passes Winks made, no Vinny Sideways this lad :D

View attachment 3832
If ever a "Modric assist" should be noted as a key pass, it's Winks's out to Aurier for Llorente's goal. Nice goal all round though, with a very sharp finish.

Highlight of Sissoko last night was when he went to drag the ball back and turn, but instead kicked it a couple of feet in front of him and hastily had to chase it to prevent the opposition player he effectively passed to from receiving it. Of course, in doing so he then kicked it a few metres in another direction and so completely inadvertently advanced play through midfield :D

Highlight of Sissoko last night was when he went to drag the ball back and turn, but instead kicked it a couple of feet in front of him and hastily had to chase it to prevent the opposition player he effectively passed to from receiving it. Of course, in doing so he then kicked it a few metres in another direction and so completely inadvertently advanced play through midfield :D

I also enjoyed the powerful run down the right in the 2nd half only to turn around when he didn't know what to do, and run back with the ball to the same place he started from!

The academy is really giving me more than hope for the future.

The more academy players that are integrated into the team the better. On merit only.

I can imagine a closer bond to the team and Tottenham. I look to former academy players guiding/coaching/ bonding with players going through the same journey.

Poch is creating something sustainable and a means to actually move the club forward on a dream that all fans of football secretly want.

The underdog, promoting academy players, not playing in cheat mode financially, national team to benefit, a team full of respect.

It takes a certain players mentality to sit on a bench for money vs a player that wants to fight against the odds and the taste of success is so much sweeter.

Not his proudest moment tonight, was it. Worst I've seen him play for us, then again he was up against one of the best offensive units we've faced in a while. I'm certain he'll learn from this experience.

He looked like a fresh 21 year old up against an experienced side. He's looked older than his years for most of this season, but today was one of those where he got shown up.

Back