• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Winks

The thing the really gets me is the guy could have been so so good. But the lack of a final product he is one of the most frustrating players I've ever watched...a true waste of talent.

Could not agree more, he has a ton of ability but delivers very little of it ( most of the time), as you say he frustrates more then any player and i have never understood that there are some who never see that.

Nah mate
Dembele was diabolical yesterday. Couldn’t do anything right. Dawdled on the ball, couldn’t beat the press with his running, gave away cheap, niggly fouls. Not sure what has happened to the immense player we had 2 seasons ago. He was a big reason for us losing in the manner we did yesterday. I can’t really see what other formation Poch could have played with the personnel he had available tbh.
I agree he wasn't good but mostly he was surrounded, as was Winks. The pressure was too much for them and the press on our backline was too intense for us to handle. Something needed to change in terms of our tactics but didn't. That is the way I saw it anyway.

I agree he wasn't good but mostly he was surrounded, as was Winks. The pressure was too much for them and the press on our backline was too intense for us to handle. Something needed to change in terms of our tactics but didn't. That is the way I saw it anyway.

I agree.
But that is where Pep 2017/18 City team are brilliant. They are like Spurs turned up to 11.
Pep out Poch'ed Pochettino yesterday. We need greater physical capability in midfield. A slowing Dembele and youthful and learning Winksy is totally inadequate for taking on this City mob!
No brick Sherlock I hear you say! I honestly did not see there being such a capability gap as there was yesterday between Spurs and City. We were miles apart which truly shocked me.

I agree.
But that is where Pep 2017/18 City team are brilliant. They are like Spurs turned up to 11.
Pep out Poch'ed Pochettino yesterday. We need greater physical capability in midfield. A slowing Dembele and youthful and learning Winksy is totally inadequate for taking on this City mob!
No brick Sherlock I hear you say! I honestly did not see there being such a capability gap as there was yesterday between Spurs and City. We were miles apart which truly shocked me.

Truth.
Poch has a massive job getting the players back on-point and believing. The size of the gap was shocking to me too...

I agree.
Pep out Poch'ed Pochettino yesterday. We need greater physical capability in midfield. A slowing Dembele and youthful and learning Winksy is totally inadequate for taking on this City mob! No brick Sherlock I hear you say! I honestly did not see there being such a capability gap as there was yesterday between Spurs and City. We were miles apart which truly shocked me.

Not sure I was shocked ...

- City on form, on a good run, playing their best
- Spurs minus Toby & Wanyama, with a half fit Rose & Lamela, with no real DM option

I'd argue if you had Toby in back line, Wanyama in DM role, a fit Rose and possibly a fit Lamela to start adding workrate to midfield it would look different. This our challenge under Poch for some time now, our first 11 can match almost any side in the world, take 2-3 out and our depth is exposed badly.

Winks (inexperience, quality) & Dembele (pace & fitness) were badly exposed, without the midfield and without Toby's passing as option, we struggled. That said, we didn't give up as much possession as you might expect from the scoreline, especially for first 65 minutes or so.

Said it elsewhere, we thumped Pool and their season goes on, we just need to do the same.

Not sure I was shocked ...

- City on form, on a good run, playing their best
- Spurs minus Toby & Wanyama, with a half fit Rose & Lamela, with no real DM option

I'd argue if you had Toby in back line, Wanyama in DM role, a fit Rose and possibly a fit Lamela to start adding workrate to midfield it would look different. This our challenge under Poch for some time now, our first 11 can match almost any side in the world, take 2-3 out and our depth is exposed badly.

Winks (inexperience, quality) & Dembele (pace & fitness) were badly exposed, without the midfield and without Toby's passing as option, we struggled. That said, we didn't give up as much possession as you might expect from the scoreline, especially for first 65 minutes or so.

Said it elsewhere, we thumped Pool and their season goes on, we just need to do the same.
Agreed. You forgot about missing Sanchez too.

I don't think we're as thin as you're saying in our squad. Against one of the top teams in Europe we lacked 3 players in defensive areas. That's a lot to handle for any team.

I'm guessing we've been without two or more players quite a lot on the last two seasons. Lamela and Rose with long term injuries. Vertonghen, Alderweireld, Kane, Dembele etc taking turns. We've managed well.

The drop in quality after our strongest 15(ish) players is hurting us. Sissoko, Nkoudou, Llorente... Arguably Foyth (though still settling in and developing).

Part of our overall strategy, that's working very well, is developing players like Foyth. And continuing that is very important to our continued success.

Sent from my [device_name] using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Could not agree more, he has a ton of ability but delivers very little of it ( most of the time), as you say he frustrates more then any player and i have never understood that there are some who never see that.
I'm starting to come to this conclusion.
He is at the slight disadvantage of this being his first real regular first team season, so hopefully he is still learning how to impose himself on games. But definitely need to start seeing a bit more from him.

Agreed. You forgot about missing Sanchez too.

I don't think we're as thin as you're saying in our squad. Against one of the top teams in Europe we lacked 3 players in defensive areas. That's a lot to handle for any team.

I'm guessing we've been without two or more players quite a lot on the last two seasons. Lamela and Rose with long term injuries. Vertonghen, Alderweireld, Kane, Dembele etc taking turns. We've managed well.

The drop in quality after our strongest 15(ish) players is hurting us. Sissoko, Nkoudou, Llorente... Arguably Foyth (though still settling in and developing).

Part of our overall strategy, that's working very well, is developing players like Foyth. And continuing that is very important to our continued success.

Sent from my [device_name] using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

you got the point .. our first 11 is good enough to go head to head against the best teams, once you get 3-4 subs in, it's thin.

with everyone fit (and not suspended), the bench is ok .. but you compare it to the other contenders and realize we still need to improve.

you got the point .. our first 11 is good enough to go head to head against the best teams, once you get 3-4 subs in, it's thin.

with everyone fit (and not suspended), the bench is ok .. but you compare it to the other contenders and realize we still need to improve.
Even with Sissoko???????

I'm worried about Winkle. He had an injection on Monday and is still not training with the first team... sounds like one of those issues where they try to avoid operating... but eventually they may have to. ((Obviously with no real knowledge of his injury, but it has been a while))

Back