• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Winks

Will be interesting to see whether Poch signs another CM in Jan or the summer. Its a gaping hole in our squad if you take the two-players-per-position approach. Winks is progressing well, though I'd be happier if he was our 5th choice after Dier, Wanyama, Dembele and AN Other. Its similar to CB really where CCV is our 4th choice, whereas Poch would probably prefer a 4th senior Cb and then have CCV as 5th choice.

I was never that big on Carroll and I don't really rate Onomah (though he may come good). But I like Winks, he moves the ball forward, he can put a tackle in and intercept, he just looks a decent player. Hopefully he can push on, and not go the way of Bentaleb and Mason.

This kid doesn't lose the ball, you'd think he'd get bullied but his technique is impressive. Always looking to play the ball forward as well.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using Fapatalk

It's great that he looks so confident out there. There is this long standing debate on here about sending out our young players on loan, but Winks hasn't had that, yet after just a few games looks the part. He's a very positive player and is constantly looking to make something happen, but he doesn't force the issue. He seems to already be a good judge of when to play the defence splitting pass and when to knock it square.

Personally I don't think we need to look at CM as with Winks, Dier, Dembele and Wanyama, we have 4 players for 2 roles. At a push we could also push Sissoko, Alli and even Onomah into those position's.

The kid has a decent turn of pace as well. Great chasing back into our own half towards the end of last night's game before facing up against their player. When he set off in the direction of the right-back position, I thought it was Walker for a second or two.

Will be interesting to see whether Poch signs another CM in Jan or the summer. Its a gaping hole in our squad if you take the two-players-per-position approach. Winks is progressing well, though I'd be happier if he was our 5th choice after Dier, Wanyama, Dembele and AN Other. Its similar to CB really where CCV is our 4th choice, whereas Poch would probably prefer a 4th senior Cb and then have CCV as 5th choice.

Unless we plan to buy a world class central midfielder then I do not want us to buy a "body" to block Harry's development. Although on second thoughts we really need more than 4 central midfielders if we really want to compete

Unless we plan to buy a world class central midfielder then I do not want us to buy a "body" to block Harry's development. Although on second thoughts we really need more than 4 central midfielders if we really want to compete

For me Winks has more than capability filled Mason's role in our squad (with Wanyama having taken Bentaleb's). I think within the year he might routinely be keeping Dembele out of the side.

We definitely don't need a 5th CM coming in to block his path. In terms of bodies - Alli and Sissoko (supposedly) can cover there as 5th choice. Eriksen and Alder have had runs at CM in their careers too.

If there's one priority for me for the next couple of windows, it's another AM - a playmaker who can come in from a/either flank with a bit of spark.

For me Winks has more than capability filled Mason's role in our squad (with Wanyama having taken Bentaleb's). I think within the year he might routinely be keeping Dembele out of the side.

We definitely don't need a 5th CM coming in to block his path. In terms of bodies - Alli and Sissoko (supposedly) can cover there as 5th choice. Eriksen and Alder have had runs at CM in their careers too.

If there's one priority for me for the next couple of windows, it's another AM - a playmaker who can come in from a/either flank with a bit of spark.

As a compromise maybe that 5th "body" could be another young talent with enormous potential just like Harry

Will be interesting to see whether Poch signs another CM in Jan or the summer. Its a gaping hole in our squad if you take the two-players-per-position approach. Winks is progressing well, though I'd be happier if he was our 5th choice after Dier, Wanyama, Dembele and AN Other.
Nonsense. Winks is ready to get game time.

Fair points (although IMO Wanyama has taken Dier's role with Dier now replacing Bentaleb as the squad option).

As a compromise maybe that 5th "body" could be another young talent with enormous potential just like Harry

I've always believed Onomah to have greater potential than Winks and still do. That's not to say he will therefore go on to be the better player but if both maximise their talent then imo Josh will reach a higher level than Harry, he's going to have to work his way up from a lower starting point than Winks though and it's going to be tough for him to breakthrough given the established talent we already have at the club.

I've always believed Onomah to have greater potential than Winks and still do. That's not to say he will therefore go on to be the better player but if both maximise their talent then imo Josh will reach a higher level than Harry, he's going to have to work his way up from a lower starting point than Winks though and it's going to be tough for him to breakthrough given the established talent we already have at the club.
Agreed. in terms of 'natural talent' Onomah has a very high ceiling. I can't help but feel he has a tendency to coast through games however and that slight lack of desire might see him fail to fulfil his undoubted potential.

He's got time on his side. Still only 19, once he puts some muscle on that frame of his he'll be difficult to get the ball off of just like Dembele. The plus side being that he can pass it around better than Dembele. He and Winks have that going for them, though Winks has a lot more bite about his game.

Fair points (although IMO Wanyama has taken Dier's role with Dier now replacing Bentaleb as the squad option).

Now Alder is back, I fully expect Dier to reclaim his main position. Wanyama has had a lot of gametime, and we're much more fluid offensively when Dier is the key transitioner.

Back