• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Redknapp: The Aftermath

Would you keep Arry after the Season?

• Yes - He's done well and should be given at least one more season to consolidate our team

Votes: 25 53.2%
  • No - he's peaked and would hold us back.

Votes: 22 46.8%

• Total voters
He has a point. If Modric leaves it won't be for Champions League football, it'll be for treble the wages.

The embarrassing part for me is Harry Redknapp 'bigging up' the champions league throughout the season and when he fails to achieve it he decides to downplay it.

He has a point. If Modric leaves it won't be for Champions League football, it'll be for treble the wages.

I don't. He'll be 27 by the new season, he should be winning trophies, you don't think he'd leave us for Utd/City/Chelsea/Madrid if they offered him the ?ú70k a week we're currently paying him?

The embarrassing part for me is Harry Redknapp 'bigging up' the champions league throughout the season and when he fails to achieve it he decides to downplay it.

This - remarkable hypocrisy.

'All we want is to qualify for the CL, we need to be there, always our aim', blah, blah, blah

For heavens sake! - at least accept some responsibility for the clusterfudge of a 2012 we had. At least once in your life! Once!

Harry has a point with everything he says there, it's just that it completely contradicts what he was saying only a few weeks ago. It's a joke.

It's not embarrassing, I can take my club being shat upon by 'The Real Special One' no problem. He got us CL football for the first time ever so he can say what he likes.

He's just back from his fortnight's holiday in Qatar so he's entitled to ring up his buddies at, Sky Sports to arrange for an interview so as to heap pressure on his Chairman for a new contract, all football managers do this.:^):mickey:8-[

Very good!

I don't. He'll be 27 by the new season, he should be winning trophies, you don't think he'd leave us for Utd/City/Chelsea/Madrid if they offered him the ?ú70k a week we're currently paying him?

Kind of redundant when he wouldn't be offered that. He could easily demand ?ú150k in wages.

This - remarkable hypocrisy.

'All we want is to qualify for the CL, we need to be there, always our aim', blah, blah, blah

For heavens sake! - at least accept some responsibility for the clusterfudge of a 2012 we had. At least once in your life! Once!

Yup, and the ironic thing is that if he was a little bit more accepting of some responsibility, people would probably be more accepting of the faults. They'd be more inclined then to say 'fair enough, he fudged up but don't we all from time to time, he's still got us into the top 4 twice and deserves another go' but instead people are utterly fed up with it and want him out.

The more he tries to deny any responsibility the more he shows that he isn't the long term man for us. It's because he's backtracking on everything he has said, and therefore he cannot be trusted. We'll never know where we stand with him.

Yup, and the ironic thing is that if he was a little bit more accepting of some responsibility, people would probably be more accepting of the faults. They'd be more inclined then to say 'fair enough, he fudged up but don't we all from time to time, he's still got us into the top 4 twice and deserves another go' but instead people are utterly fed up with it and want him out.

The more he tries to deny any responsibility the more he shows that he isn't the long term man for us. It's because he's backtracking on everything he has said, and therefore he cannot be trusted. We'll never know where we stand with him.

My opinion of him considerbaly deteriorated after this last interview. Initially I had no problem to give him one more season but to be honest I'm at two minds at the moment. I find this pathetic personal agenda being pushed ahead of everyhing and everyone utterly disrespectful and repulsive. Only gives a brick about his little contract and nothing else.

Tottenham are THEM

England are US

Last edited:
My opinion of him considerbaly deteriorated after this last interview. Initially I had no problem to give him one more season but to be honest I'm at two minds at the moment. I find this pathetic personal agenda being pushed ahead of everyhing and everyone utterly disrescpetful and repulsive. Only gives a brick about his little contract and nothing else.

Tottenham are THEM

England are US

Same here, I was firmly a Harry loyalist until I heard it, but he's admitted fault for our season when he didn't intend to, and that's done it for me.

Same here, I was firmly a Harry loyalist until I heard it, but he's admitted fault for our season when he didn't intend to, and that's done it for me.

I've seen many pro-posters expressing disappointment and their desire to see this little selfish man leave the club. If a poll was done today we'd get a far different results, I'm sure

always nice to see a man with the courage of his convictions

BrainofLevy

swayed by the mob

Epitaph

"I couldn't help it, there were so many of them, I didn't know what to think!"

always nice to see a man with the courage of his convictions

BrainofLevy

swayed by the mob

Epitaph

"I couldn't help it, there were so many of them, I didn't know what to think!"

Hehe, honestly not swayed by the mob. I may not have the courage of my convictions but I like to think of myself as someone that isn't so stuck in his ways that he can never change his mind when different facts present themselves. Not saying that's you or anyone of course, but that interview really bothered me. I was happy to defend Harry before it, but he has said that speculation affects the players, and let speculation carry on while our season went from potentially one of the best in years to a complete joke.

I don't think he's suddenly a bad manager or that he hasn't done a good job while he was here, but there's clearly an impasse now with Levy and I'd prefer to get it sorted sooner rather than later. And just on a personal level I object to rewarding him with a new contract for the reasons in my previous paragraph. And for the fact that I'd rather a manager of the AVB or possibly Martinez ilk, someone that will be able to be a bit radical with us to give us an edge, considering we can't use money as our edge to get to the top. Somene with new ideas that won't just make players perform to their normal level, but will bring them together to go above that.

its like staring into bedlam

some of you lot don't half print some tripe

Totally agree,couldn't give a rats arse on what Harry says to be honest,if he gets us top 5 again next season,third time on the bounce,happy days i say.

What he says to the press and what he says in the changing rooms could be so different,thats why i take it as a pinch of salt as they say.

Redknapp: Champions League is 'overrated'

Spurs were pipped to a place in the competition by Chelsea but their manager is confident his club can still compete for players, while denying an interest in Youssouf Mulumbu

The north London club finished fourth in the Premier League only to miss out on a place in next seasonÔÇÖs Champions League following ChelseaÔÇÖs win over Bayern Munich in this season's final.

Despite this, Redknapp is confident his club can still attract top quality players.

"I think it's overrated what people say about Champions League football and whatever," he told Sky Sports News.

"People would have still gone to Chelsea if they hadn't won the Champions League this year because they know it's a club that's looking to get into the Champions League positions next year.

"They pay fantastic money. If you pay players enough money and you give them good enough contracts and you show that you're ambitious, they'll come to your club.

"Champions League football, because you don't make it one year - it's one year. I think that's an excuse for players who want to leave and get better contracts elsewhere. I don't see that as a real problem.

"I think if the contract's right and they earn enough money, Premier League football is big enough."

The 65-year-old also revealed Steven Pienaar is likely to join Everton after re-joining them on loan in January.

He added: "Steven Pienaar is a good player. I would think in all honestly he's going to want to stay at Everton. He seems to have produced his best form there. He was unlucky at Tottenham.

"He's a good player, a very very good player. It's just I had Gareth Bale playing on the left-hand side and you can't dislodge Gareth Bale. He's one of the best left-sided players in the world, without a shadow of a doubt.

"If he's going to want to stay at Everton and Everton want him then obviously the deal is going to have to be right for Tottenham, otherwise he comes back to Tottenham."

Redknapp downplayed speculation linking the club with a move for West BromÔÇÖs Youssouf Mulumbu, who has announced his intention to leave the Hawthorns.

He added: "I don't really know where that's come from, to be perfectly honest.

"That's certainly not something that I've discussed with the chairman at any time. He's a good player, for sure, but he's certainly not a player we've spoken about."

How fudging embarrassing.

To be fair I agree with most of that. A vast majority of your playing career is going to be in your respective league games, most teams probably play about 8 games in the champions, four of which minimum are against lower seeded teams.

To be fair I agree with most of that. A vast majority of your playing career is going to be in your respective league games, most teams probably play about 8 games in the champions, four of which minimum are against lower seeded teams.

It's not so much about the content - rather the sheer hypocrisy of changing the tune 180 degrees as soon as we missed out.

That is what grinds most people - the endless excuses and weasel wording galore

Back