• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Redknapp: The Aftermath

Would you keep Arry after the Season?

• Yes - He's done well and should be given at least one more season to consolidate our team

Votes: 25 53.2%
  • No - he's peaked and would hold us back.

Votes: 22 46.8%

• Total voters
For all of the vitriol poured on the guy, I don't remember him whoring himself publicly, but I do remember all of the brick in the gutterpress, the ex pros giving it the Harry's the best choice opinions and all of the media certainty that he was the man elect.

His own son (ghost)wrote an article on why Harry was perfect for the England job.

Do you think this was done totally against daddy's wishes considering how close they are?

today was the first I'd heard of it TBH

we can only speculate, can't we. Just because he said it it, it doesn't mean that the lad didn't believe it.

Lets be fair

How much notice was a plea of "Give the job to me dad mister, he's really good" going to do when they went for candidates

as it turns out, none, so its not really much to set the guy alight for, realistically.

I did not say he was an idiot

why did you post that Billy?

at no time did I denigrate his intelligence or suggest that he was stupid to change his views.

I questioned his reasoning, because I think his reasons are misguided.

Really grossly unfair of you to say that.

it came across that way to me Mick to be totally honest

i have a lot of time for you, but i thought that particular reply was quite contradictory to your usual stance that you only reply in an offensive/aggressive/condescending manner when someone starts off that way - B.O.L posted quite a good summary of why he has taken the view he has and in your reply was a bit harsh IMO - maybe i read it wrong, if so i apologize, but the underlying current seemed to be that you lost respect for him/his opinion because he has changed his view to the opposite of yours - the whole Arcspace line was way out of line and not the type of thing id usually see you post when, in this case, it was totally uncalled for

it wasn't really my place to jump in anyway ;)

Last edited:
it came across that way to me Mick to be totally honest

i have a lot of time for you, but i thought that particular reply was quite contradictory to your usual stance that you only reply in an offensive/aggressive/condescending manner when someone starts off that way - B.O.L posted quite a good summary of why he has taken the view he has and in your reply was a bit harsh IMO - maybe i read it wrong, if so i apologize, but the underlying current seemed to be that you lost respect for him/his opinion because he has changed his view to the opposite of yours - the whole Arcspace line was way out of line and not the type of thing id usually see you post when, in this case, it was totally uncalled for

it wasn't really my place to jump in anyway ;)

Take it from me, I did not intend to put him down for changing his mind, certainly not to belittle him.

I have absolutely no regard, whatsoever for anything that Arcspace says or posts, I make no secret of it. He is - in my opinion a human sewer, flooding the site with lowgrade and uneducated opinions. I have far more regard for wriggly, who at least is a proper supporter of the club. I can't say too much, because I have been in trouble for it in the past, but to answer your question, and put you in the picture, that is why I would think less of the analytical skills, or debating capabilities of anyone who was prepared to tie their flag to that particular mast.

So thats why I said it, so you know where I stand.

I think this whole 180 volte face argument is naive in the extreme, given the nature of misdirection in statements to the press by managers, to seize on it to berate HR is childish enough, but to seize on it to change tack is an error of judgement - certainly a display of poor judgement - IMHO.

Sorry if you don't like what I have said, but hopefully it explains why I said it.

Take it from me, I did not intend to put him down for changing his mind, certainly not to belittle him.

I have absolutely no regard, whatsoever for anything that Arcspace says or posts, I make no secret of it. He is - in my opinion a human sewer, flooding the site with lowgrade and uneducated opinions. I have far more regard for wriggly, who at least is a proper supporter of the club. I can't say too much, because I have been in trouble for it in the past, but to answer your question, and put you in the picture, that is why I would think less of the analytical skills, or debating capabilities of anyone who was prepared to tie their flag to that particular mast.

So thats why I said it, so you know where I stand.

I think this whole 180 volte face argument is naive in the extreme, given the nature of misdirection in statements to the press by managers, to seize on it to berate HR is childish enough, but to seize on it to change tack is an error of judgement - certainly a display of poor judgement - IMHO.

Sorry if you don't like what I have said, but hopefully it explains why I said it.

FFS Mick, stop beating around the bush and tell us what you really think! 8-[

fair do's Mick

don't get the hate for Arc myself but you're entitled to your opinion

I don't hate him, I don't know him.

I just don't believe that volume is an acceptable substitute for quality. I also have an issue with plastic fans, whether they support Tottenham or any other club. But thats my problem, and I'm having therapy for it.

The great Neil Young wrote a song about G.Bush, it was called flip flop and it suits Redknapp down to the ground.

still here, still smiling

just trying to picture the AHB football team, Wriggly's Wanderers v Moonlit Albion

+5 Mins Dismissal. Wriggly sent off for 5 studs up challenges, 2 on his own side, 1 count of manslaughter and an arson attack on the crowd. Two referees assistants had to be hospitalised and the 4th official has been admitted into psychiatric care.

+9 Minutes Wanderers go 8-0 up against Albion, who are playing a 4-0-0 formation with a rush goalie, who, sadly, succumbed to his wounds in Wrigglys rocket attack in the 3rd minute. The keepers corpse has been tied upside down to the crossbar by his feet, and is still thought to be a better keeper than Marton Fulop.

+11 Minutes and Leeds is finally sent off when caught feeding Raboner into a wood chipper. Albion now down to 3 concede another 4 goals

+15 Billyiddo carried off after a vicious sliding tackle from the moonlit Knight, who was Knighted by African, who finally has come down off the fence.

+38 Cooper receives a yellow for baiting the opposition, having stuck a large fishhook up Paklanes arse and dumped him in the atlantic

HALF time comes as Milo slides through a ruck of players to knock in the first Albion goal from a DHSF's cross. The two teams leave the pitch to a rousing chorus of When will I see you again? Sung by the Ghost of Totman.

Wanderers 18 - Albion 1

45 Mins Second half kicks off

Wanderers now down to 4 men v Albions 3 - Milo put 5 of them on moderation for wearing non regulation width laces and having untidy hair in a built up area. A controversial move, but one unanimously approved by all of the moderators, proving that drugs and strong drink are the curse of the working man.

+58 Minutes Milo completes his 3rd hattrick, bringing the scores to 18 all , which now means that Albion are 4,015 goals ahead, as infraction points count double and with Crawley now under house arrest, there is little chance that Wanderers can claw them back.

+72 Wanderers play their trump card, and Saramanga takes to the field for Wanderers, having taken the unusual step of coming on as a substitute for an Albion player - Cooper, who was substituted after being savaged by a hungry Lion, the wife of Arcspace, who is watching on TV in SA.

+88 Kim Jong Scaramanga scores his 5,00th goal, despite the burden of being carried in a Sedan chair by 4 moderators, and celebrates by having Jennifer Aniston reveal her bare chest, by running round the pitch with her shirt pulled over her head, on his behalf.

In a frantic finale Milo brings the scores level in the 92nd minute, before having to leave the field of play, having been ordered to become the new Pope, by Mao Tse Scaramanga.

With only 4 exhausted moderators left on the pich to carry him, Scara, brings on Gareth Bale as a late ringer, to provide the cross by which he scores the winning goal.

In an after match interview Harry Redknapp pleaded for calm, and 10 year contract extension.

Very good!! :)

you know what , i think i've realised that i'm not fussed either way. i do think though that ALOT of what those that would like him to part ways with us are saying cant retain much water, many of the points cant actually hold any water...therefore as far as i can see , the best case for stability , continuity, chemistry, CORE team morale is for him to stay, fact of the matter is we xcame 4th twice. the time we came 5th we could have come 4th and this time we came 4th we could have come 3rd and even challenged for the title.......chances are with more investment into the neucleus that we have now we could maintain our place in the top 5 or even really push on

...but, i'm a 'levy admirer' and if levy decides that he doesnt want to commit a lengthy contract to harry then so be it......unfortunately it means transition, rebuilding, playrs getting to know the new guy and learning a different system, players getting frozen out and the new guy getting in new players , change of transfer targets and possibly playing style etc etc etc, ...but at the end of the day i trust levy to make the best choice he thinks is required for the club. So whoever he gets i think would be a good and shrewd choice

incidentally i think people are looking at this redknapp contract situation the wrong way. Harry has to bargain and put some leverage into negotiations..a bit tacky to use the media though ...but some people just dont care how they get their money,....levy on the other hand is trying to save as much money as he can ..again this is his right....BUT THE MOST important thing is that Levy hasnt sacked Harry, for a cuthroat business man like Levy this speaks volumes and shows that levy does indeed see Harry as the right man for the job....he's just trying to eat his cake as well by giving a rollin year and keeping an eye out for proceedings...juuust in case someone better comes along or if something derails our season again

i'm not fussed either way anymore.

African, can you not see the way he has always protected himself and said the right words in interviews to suit him and absolve himself of any blame. Look how now it suits him to say that players heads are turned if the manager is leaving; when he said the opposite when he was speculated to be in line for the England job.

Look at how quickly he lost a 13 point advantage then claiming himself that he didn't know what went wrong, as he had the players weren't changing what they were doing in training when we were winning.

Look at how his lack of man management has costs us players like Corluka and Bassong; who were very promising in the team that got us fourth; and now we have lots of rebuilding to do. The squad is full of aging players, all because Harry had short term glory in mind as he thought he was leaving. We may have had our 3 best finishes in a row for a while, however the squad needs a massive overhaul because players don't want to play for him and this could disrupt our progress.
I don't want us to be making Nelsen, Saha and Pienaar signings each season just because redkanpp only has the short term in view.

These are all valid points and I fail to see how people say that these points do not hold any water? Conversely I appreciate the work he has done for us; when we are good we can be really good but its very rare nowdays. Harry's stubborness in squad selection and formation has cost us; how many times have we played to our potential this season; we have scraped through a lot of games on individual and unfortunately when we've actually come across decent teams we've been punished. For me the future seems to short term with Redknapp, we need to build dynasty and instill a concrete way of playing like Fergie and Wenger have done.

you know what , i think i've realised that i'm not fussed either way. i do think though that ALOT of what those that would like him to part ways with us are saying cant retain much water, many of the points cant actually hold any water...therefore as far as i can see , the best case for stability , continuity, chemistry, CORE team morale is for him to stay, fact of the matter is we xcame 4th twice. the time we came 5th we could have come 4th and this time we came 4th we could have come 3rd and even challenged for the title.......chances are with more investment into the neucleus that we have now we could maintain our place in the top 5 or even really push on

...but, i'm a 'levy admirer' and if levy decides that he doesnt want to commit a lengthy contract to harry then so be it......unfortunately it means transition, rebuilding, playrs getting to know the new guy and learning a different system, players getting frozen out and the new guy getting in new players , change of transfer targets and possibly playing style etc etc etc, ...but at the end of the day i trust levy to make the best choice he thinks is required for the club. So whoever he gets i think would be a good and shrewd choice

incidentally i think people are looking at this redknapp contract situation the wrong way. Harry has to bargain and put some leverage into negotiations..a bit tacky to use the media though ...but some people just dont care how they get their money,....levy on the other hand is trying to save as much money as he can ..again this is his right....BUT THE MOST important thing is that Levy hasnt sacked Harry, for a cuthroat business man like Levy this speaks volumes and shows that levy does indeed see Harry as the right man for the job....he's just trying to eat his cake as well by giving a rollin year and keeping an eye out for proceedings...juuust in case someone better comes along or if something derails our season again

i'm not fussed either way anymore.

Amazing about 100 pages of arguments for and against Harry and that has to go down as one of the most patronising lines I have read. Can't understand the difference between retaining and holding water btw. I have read some great posts for and against and I have to say both sides make some very valid points how anyone can say one side holds/retains no water has me scratching my head.

Mick although I agree changing managers regularly is not always a good thing it is not always a bad thing either. Since Santini we have changed managers 3 times and each time we have improved. Even under Ramos we won the Carling Cup and most of us thought it was the start of something special. The problem is identifying the right person and keeping your best players rather than continuity for the sake of continuity. Tell Chelsea that they should have stuck with Avram Grant having since him changed their manager 5 times won the Premiership once FA cup 3 times and the Champions League.

It's all about the money mate no doubt.

I call flimflam on that one.

He signed a 6 year contract with us. He signed a massively long contract with Zagreb (I heard 10 years, but my memory could be dodgy). No player that focuses only on money signs those kinds of contracts unless at one of the absolute top paying clubs in the world.

African, can you not see the way he has always protected himself and said the right words in interviews to suit him and absolve himself of any blame. Look how now it suits him to say that players heads are turned if the manager is leaving; when he said the opposite when he was speculated to be in line for the England job.

Look at how quickly he lost a 13 point advantage then claiming himself that he didn't know what went wrong, as he had the players weren't changing what they were doing in training when we were winning.

Look at how his lack of man management has costs us players like Corluka and Bassong; who were very promising in the team that got us fourth; and now we have lots of rebuilding to do. The squad is full of aging players, all because Harry had short term glory in mind as he thought he was leaving. We may have had our 3 best finishes in a row for a while, however the squad needs a massive overhaul because players don't want to play for him and this could disrupt our progress.
I don't want us to be making Nelsen, Saha and Pienaar signings each season just because redkanpp only has the short term in view.

These are all valid points and I fail to see how people say that these points do not hold any water? Conversely I appreciate the work he has done for us; when we are good we can be really good but its very rare nowdays. Harry's stubborness in squad selection and formation has cost us; how many times have we played to our potential this season; we have scraped through a lot of games on individual and unfortunately when we've actually come across decent teams we've been punished. For me the future seems to short term with Redknapp, we need to build dynasty and instill a concrete way of playing like Fergie and Wenger have done.

Sorry, but thats just hogwash.

But hey, it suits your POV.

Top, top toppitty tip top post mate

Amazing about 100 pages of arguments for and against Harry and that has to go down as one of the most patronising lines I have read. Can't understand the difference between retaining and holding water btw. I have read some great posts for and against and I have to say both sides make some very valid points how anyone can say one side holds/retains no water has me scratching my head.

Mick although I agree changing managers regularly is not always a good thing it is not always a bad thing either. Since Santini we have changed managers 3 times and each time we have improved. Even under Ramos we won the Carling Cup and most of us thought it was the start of something special. The problem is identifying the right person and keeping your best players rather than continuity for the sake of continuity. Tell Chelsea that they should have stuck with Avram Grant having since him changed their manager 5 times won the Premiership once FA cup 3 times and the Champions League.

no - its always a bad thing, unless the manager is a complete merchant, see Gross and Ramos for details

no - its always a bad thing, unless the manager is a complete merchant, see Gross and Ramos for details

Sorry Mick can't agree. Much more important in our mediocre years was having Sugar in charge who while stabilising the club made horiffic footballing decisions. Ramos in hindsight was a mistake but at the time of the Carling Cup most spurs fans were dreaming of great things. If levy identifies the right man ( In Levy I trust) and can keep our team together that will be more important than changing the manager. Harry has done nothing in his career to suggest to me that he can or even wants to build a dynasty in the same way as Wenger and Ferguson.

Sorry Mick can't agree. Much more important in our mediocre years was having Sugar in charge who while stabilising the club made horiffic footballing decisions. Ramos in hindsight was a mistake but at the time of the Carling Cup most spurs fans were dreaming of great things. If levy identifies the right man ( In Levy I trust) and can keep our team together that will be more important than changing the manager. Harry has done nothing in his career to suggest to me that he can or even wants to build a dynasty in the same way as Wenger and Ferguson.

nobody gave him a platform to do it from before. He's too late in his career now I would suggest.

This is why I would like to see Levy get AVB in, to work with Harry on the man management side of things, which AVB clearly lacks. He will become more familiar to the pros, whilst adding input into the tactics, and you never know - we might get a dysentry out of it

nobody gave him a platform to do it from before. He's too late in his career now I would suggest.

This is why I would like to see Levy get AVB in, to work with Harry on the man management side of things, which AVB clearly lacks. He will become more familiar to the pros, whilst adding input into the tactics, and you never know - we might get a dysentry out of it

The idea is sound, but do you honestly see either of them agreeing to that?

Levy: H, I want you to train AVB how to handle people so he can take over from you

H: fudge off.

Levy: AVB, I want you to work as No. 2 to Harry

AVB: fudge off (in Portuguese)

Back