• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Redknapp: The Aftermath

Would you keep Arry after the Season?

• Yes - He's done well and should be given at least one more season to consolidate our team

Votes: 25 53.2%
  • No - he's peaked and would hold us back.

Votes: 22 46.8%

• Total voters
What the fudge is going on? How boring has this all become?

Can people just agree on these points:

Harry is a decent manager that has had some level of success with us. To get 4th ahead of Emirates Marketing Project and their millions spent in 09/10 was a great achievement, and a run to the CL QFs the next year was also exciting. Taking into account all managers will make 'mistakes' during the season, we probably would have been on for 3rd this year had it not been for speculation about his future affecting the confidence of the players. Fair point or not?

Some of our players have played the best, most consistent football of their careers under Harry. I'm looking at BAE, Kaboul, Walker, Gomes for a time, Lennon, Bale, Huddlestone, Modric. Regardless of whether some of them improved with age, some of them were incredibly talented youngsters, or whether it was apparently luck that they just stumbled into a new playing position, the fact is Harry was manager and deserves at least some of the credit for getting the best out of these players. Just some, if that's all you're willing to give. Fair point or not?

His signings to improve the first team have all done so. Friedel, Walker, Kaboul, Palacios, Crouch, Defoe, Adebayor, Rafa and Parker all played vital roles. As squad players the likes of Kranjcar and Bassong were vital when we got 4th. There's been no-one that has had to shell out big money for that has been an absolute failure, really. And the squad players he has usually brought in to do a job when required at no long term cost or commitment to us. Fair point or not?

He doesn't profess to be a tactical genius but our team generally looks well organised defensively and is exciting going forward when we aren't hindered by the above mentioned speculation. Given money to spend on players, he will generally get the level of success expected out of them. Fair point or not?

That's what surely, most people, even the people massively against Harry, should be able to see. I haven't veered too much over the loyalist or rebel side there, I've just stated some facts based on what has happened. For the points against him, this is where it might become more tricky to summarise and have people agree, but I'm going to try and do it, because this thread really needs to move on from whatever mess it is now. (Fair point or not? :-D )

Really, if you want to be trusted, when trying to earn a new contract you really shouldn't say one week that speculation doesn't have a chance of bothering players (while not really doing anything to stop said speculation) and then when it suits you a few weeks later, say that speculation does bother players. He's right in what he says the second time, but he's basically acknowledging that speculation affected our season, and therefore he is somewhat culpable for that. Do we see where he was coming from, in that he is old school and wouldn't turn down England if they came calling? If we are being fair, we probably do. Does that mean he deserves to be rewarded with a new contract when he didn't put the club first and let it affect our season to the point where we failed in our objectives? Probably not. Personally I feel the game would be so much better if there was a universally agreed convention between all managers that if a job is open while they are managing another club with something to play for, they will deny any interest for whatever feasible reason is given to them by their PR people. If it was universally accepted, people would understand that when he did eventually leave he was looking out for the clubs best interests, because it has been proven time and time again that speculation affects form. Regardless of that, what happened to us wasn't the best way it could have happened to preserve our season. Fair point or not?

Other things people may want to go against Harry for are tactical knowledge, and age of his signings, but I don't really buy into them too much. If you did though, that's completely up to you. But surely these points are a balanced summing of the facts, and can't really be argued too much, and therefore maybe the bickering could just end? I'm not saying I'm the oracle and I've summed it up better than anyone could, I'm just trying to make it stop. 9 more pages of pointless point scoring. There's no need.

Excellent post

As I'm only interested in how we play football, I will remain a loyalist

Cheers Arcy ;)
Is that why he thinks I'm Afan? Cos I dislike him and have Keano as my avi?

Continously bashing some of our best players on the left with outlandish remarks - defending Arry to the death on the right while in turn attacking anyone and everyone who dares to criticse this great man. :|

Last edited:
Yet on this matter it has become a crusade, and its tiresome. Right now you remind me of afan, every thread he touched turned into a slightly more extreme version of the same repeating argument - even when it had nothing to do with his belived Keane - he would manage to make it such. This would have been ignorable (is that a word?) had he not saturated the entire board with it.

Exactly - every thread he enters detoriorates into a ultra-polarised mud-slinging match within 15 posts.

You CANNOT generalise that every poster who questions his actions / interviews / offers criticism thinks he's a 'bulldog-faced taco' or the very new one - 'not a true loyal Spurs supporter'. It a discussion board, ffs - a forum to debate and share opinions on Spurs matters. What the fudge is this - Gestapo?

It's become ridiculous and destroys threads on a daily basis

Last edited:
In my opinion, so does posting an opinion in every single thread

slowly wearing down the will to live of everyone with a broader view of football and life

Last edited:
Bullying? Get over yourself. I posted how I felt at the time and no more, seems as though it may have caught a nerve. Perhaps food for thought?

I have no intention of pushing you out - why would I? Once again a symptom of your extremely polarised stance.

This matter aside I think you are a good poster, with a great deal to offer the forum in terms of debate and interesting views (which I may or may not agree with)

Yet on this matter it has become a crusade, and its tiresome. Right now you remind me of afan, every thread he touched turned into a slightly more extreme version of the same repeating argument - even when it had nothing to do with his belived Keane - he would manage to make it such. This would have been ignorable (is that a word?) had he not saturated the entire board with it.

I had hoped after a little siesta your return would be a little more considered, instead it seems you were just drawing breath for the next wave.

Not everybody who would see Redknapp replaced thinks he has done a bad job.
Not everybody who would see Redknapp replaced thinks he is a saggy faced ****.
Not everybody who would see Redknapp replaced would so do immediately, preferring the latest flavour of the month.
Not everybody who would see Redknapp replaced thinks he was scum for wanting the England job.
Not everybody who would see Redknapp replaced would like to see SPurs lose/falter to get their "wish".

It goes on. Essentially the message is that not everybody you class as a rebel (thats really sad) represents the absolute worst in a 'hater' - despite your best efforts to treat them as such.

How droll. People really took the rebel thing to heart didn't they? Really missed the point on it too. As I said elsewhere being a rebel is NOT a bad thing. Look up your history. There have been many times I would be classified as a rebel, e.g. someone who was against the establishment, in pretty much all walks of life.

As for bullying? Just look at how two or three people on this thread are all having pops at me and patting themselves on the back in the process. Not all bullying is physical. Not that it bothers me that much to be fair, I am quite pleased that their sad little ego's get a kick because they think they've bettered me or that they are better than me because it proves to me how utterly deluded they are.

As for this topic? Yes I am a Harry loyalist and am not ashamed to say so. I am taking a more light hearted approach (hence the whole Loyalist/Rebel thing in the first place, but some people chose to ignore that I said it was lighthearted BEFORE I even used the analogy and then try and use it to take the tinkle out of me or make me look foolish....and to try and make one look foolish like that in front of others or hope to get others to join in with the tinkle taking? It's called bullying.) and basically listing down the hypocrits. I have a few already that I won't respond to ever again because they've shown they're hypocrits.

And now I also have number three as someone else has popped up on this thread still trying to claim/believe they drove me away from the forum :ross: when it was a mod's actions that royally tinkled me off (and indeed as his actions were massively hypocritical he is another I won't be conversing with any further). And speaking of hypocritical that same poster attacks Redknapp in this guise, and in past guises, especially over lack of loyalty and yet has Robbie "I fudged Spurs over" Keane in his avatar. Hypocrisy? You bet! That's another one chalked off then......

ITK: Akqayid

Made some 'kurt' comments about us at Saley Hall today at a golf event.

They were comments made in private to media/journo types.

Not saying anymore as it becomes Chinese bloody whispers. Remember I'm not anti or pro Harry. I have no charter behind this.

Seems its becoming untenable. I think we'll make a move before him. Maybe not.

Yep, he's definitely ITK lol!!

Kurt Angle?

Maybe someone should ask Levy to put up a 'Redknapp - Stay or Go' Poll on the Official Site.

Doesn't he know the trouble he's causing in here? If we don't resolve this soon this forum will be brought to its knees!

Maybe someone should ask Levy to put up a 'Redknapp - Stay or Go' Poll on the Official Site.

Doesn't he know the trouble he's causing in here? If we don't resolve this soon this forum will be brought to its knees!

Must be great for site traffic though and the larger Google Adds supremacy :)

We had a poll on this site, and three quarters wanted him to stay. It didn't stop others consistently jumping on anyone who tried to say something positive about him (or the season just gone) though!

We had a poll on this site, and three quarters wanted him to stay. It didn't stop others consistently jumping on anyone who tried to say something positive about him (or the season just gone) though!

I'm ambivalent with regards to Redknapp and I have followed the Redknapp thread/s every step of the way. The bit in bold seemed to me to be almost without exception to be the other way around. Just saying.

I would think the last few weeks have only tilted the numbers towards 'go' but I'm only joking about another poll. It wouldn't do any good in here.

How droll. People really took the rebel thing to heart didn't they? Really missed the point on it too. As I said elsewhere being a rebel is NOT a bad thing. Look up your history. There have been many times I would be classified as a rebel, e.g. someone who was against the establishment, in pretty much all walks of life.

As for bullying? Just look at how two or three people on this thread are all having pops at me and patting themselves on the back in the process. Not all bullying is physical. Not that it bothers me that much to be fair, I am quite pleased that their sad little ego's get a kick because they think they've bettered me or that they are better than me because it proves to me how utterly deluded they are.

As for this topic? Yes I am a Harry loyalist and am not ashamed to say so. I am taking a more light hearted approach (hence the whole Loyalist/Rebel thing in the first place, but some people chose to ignore that I said it was lighthearted BEFORE I even used the analogy and then try and use it to take the tinkle out of me or make me look foolish....and to try and make one look foolish like that in front of others or hope to get others to join in with the tinkle taking? It's called bullying.) and basically listing down the hypocrits. I have a few already that I won't respond to ever again because they've shown they're hypocrits.

And now I also have number three as someone else has popped up on this thread still trying to claim/believe they drove me away from the forum :ross: when it was a mod's actions that royally tinkled me off (and indeed as his actions were massively hypocritical he is another I won't be conversing with any further). And speaking of hypocritical that same poster attacks Redknapp in this guise, and in past guises, especially over lack of loyalty and yet has Robbie "I fudged Spurs over" Keane in his avatar. Hypocrisy? You bet! That's another one chalked off then......

If you feel I have tried to bully you then you have my apologies. I can assure you the only motive behind my posts was "wake up call" not "Get him!".

I am most certainly not a hypocrite, and resent being called as such. We may differ in opinions but there is no hypocrisy here.

You may feel you are taking a light hearted approach (which I am pleased to hear) but it hasnt come through from where Im sitting. It still seems like a war of attrition on both sides, you being the most vocal 'loyalist'.

It would help, I think, if people made a concerted effort to tackle the post in question - rather than their preconceptions of the poster and their stance.

All to often I see/raise a point and an altogether different or twisted version of it is answered.

Really? You really can't see how this is both a bit provokative and a bit funny considering the discussion you're having with nayim?

I think you do.

Polls can be misleading. The timing and wording of them can make the word of difference to the result.

Put a poll up in absolutes and its will push floating voters to a choice that doesnt match their view.

Put a poll up that is vague and people wont know what to vote.

Put a poll up after a win or loss...

Polls can be misleading. The timing and wording of them can make the word of difference to the result.

Put a poll up in absolutes and its will push floating voters to a choice that doesnt match their view.

Put a poll up that is vague and people wont know what to vote.

Put a poll up after a win or loss...

The poll was strategically placed a week before the CL final

Put it up today and you'll get a 50/50 split at least, especially after the lastest sound-bite. Guaranteed!

Only a man whose heart is pure can wield the knife, and only a man whose ass is narrow can get down these steps. And if mine's is such an ass, then I shall have it.

Back