• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

I thought the U21's looked less effective tonight than in previous games. Ward-Prowse and Carroll with Chalobah anchoring has looked really creative but also strong. Forster-Caskey and Hughes both had their moments but the midfield didn't look as balanced and there were times when they played too safe. Carroll looked nowhere near as good as he has been in previous games. So far I've liked what I've seen of Berahino out wide as he has the instinct to get into the box and support the front man that other wingers don't. He and Kane also switched it up at times, which was nice to see.

Kane did play well tonight, he was certainly always making an option for the midfield and won his fair share of aerial battles too. I really think he could be a great striker with the creative players we have around him.

I thought the U21's looked less effective tonight than in previous games. Ward-Prowse and Carroll with Chalobah anchoring has looked really creative but also strong. Forster-Caskey and Hughes both had their moments but the midfield didn't look as balanced and there were times when they played too safe. Carroll looked nowhere near as good as he has been in previous games. So far I've liked what I've seen of Berahino out wide as he has the instinct to get into the box and support the front man that other wingers don't. He and Kane also switched it up at times, which was nice to see.

Kane did play well tonight, he was certainly always making an option for the midfield and won his fair share of aerial battles too. I really think he could be a great striker with the creative players we have around him.

I will bow to your experience on this one as havent really seen the u21 previously....interesting though I thought Carroll kept things ticking over quite nicely.

With a Berahino I see a lot of a younger Defoe in him although I probably should stop myself from thinking this, Lets just say from what I have seen I would be immensely pleased and optimistic if we could persuade West Brom to do a deal and of course if the lad wants to play for us.

If we had Berahino alongside Kane....well I think with time and the right coaching we could have a front partnership as effective as the Keane & Berba one!

I will bow to your experience on this one as havent really seen the u21 previously....interesting though I thought Carroll kept things ticking over quite nicely.

With a Berahino I see a lot of a younger Defoe in him although I probably should stop myself from thinking this, Lets just say from what I have seen I would be immensely pleased and optimistic if we could persuade West Brom to do a deal and of course if the lad wants to play for us.

If we had Berahino alongside Kane....well I think with time and the right coaching we could have a front partnership as effective as the Keane & Berba one!

I wouldn't say experience, but I try to watch them as often as I can find the match televised. When given the freedom, Carroll has been really good at picking out those defence splitting passes, but when played in a midfield where he is not the designated #10 he has tended to play deeper and as you say keep play ticking over. The Berahino-Kane partnership is relatively new so they are still growing together. Berahino was starting up front by himself at one stage with Kane only making the bench but as of late the setup we played against Croatia has been how Southgate has set them up. A big benefit is that Berahino has the physical attributes and work ethic to do the job of a wide forward. I'd like to see us sign him, but IMO it would be too soon as I worry he won't get the games he needs to continue developing.

Obviously the idea was to bring on a pacy player against a tiring, dodgy defence. Harry Kane that is not.

We have three strikers vying for one starting spot so I'd let them know that they're all getting minutes depending on form.

Whilst they're out on the pitch they have to give everything. Unless there's been forced substitutions, a striker that starts a game should know that he will likely be substituted 20 minutes into the second-half, in other words, he's going into the game thinking, it's a maximum 70 minute game for him.

Maybe, Poch should create a goals and assist competition for the three of them , like Guardiola used to do for the forward players at Barcelona .

What makes you think that? Which of our midfield players/forwards would that formation suit?

I am not saying Kane is the answer but I doubt he will do any worse than the alternatives we have

This 100% for me. Any time Kane has played for us he has scored or looked like scoring. His link up play imo is very decent as well I don't think we are going to lose anything by giving him a run of games and seeing what he can do

This 100% for me. Any time Kane has played for us he has scored or looked like scoring. His link up play imo is very decent as well I don't think we are going to lose anything by giving him a run of games and seeing what he can do
I would argue that his best performances for us have been at No. 10 and this is where he needs to get his chances in the PL team. For me these chances would come from the bench.

Are we back to the more strikers = more goals arguments again?

Well considering the fact that Kane has proven he can both score goals and create chances I think it something that should be considered. His link play suggest to me he would excel with a striker

Would rather see him come off the bench than Townsend in any game we need a goal in for sure (and probably most games where we don't need a goal).

Would rather see him come off the bench than Townsend in any game we need a goal in for sure (and probably most games where we don't need a goal).

I agree, his run it into the corner and boot it into the stands skills last season proved vital :banana:

Back