• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Gareth Bale

Re: Gareth Bale

i just feel we need 3 ding dong attacking players in, sharpish. 3 proper exciting Tottenham players who will have a touch of star dust about them, and get you on your edge of your seat. Soldado seems absolutely ok - but he needs passes from somewhere I reckon

I'm not saying we havent signed undoubted quality - I'm just feeling a bit non-plussed with the areas we've addressed so far.

Fine if I was assembling a team of big bastards to storm an embassy, wrestle a royal rumble, or guard the doors of an inner city night club. Not so much fun though if I'm wanting to watch a Spurs team a la Hoddle, Ardiles, Waddle, Villa, Gascoigne, Lineker, Sheringham, Klinnsmann, Ginola, Berbatov, Modric, Bal........

To be honest, I'm just grumpy that those bastards have come back yet again and stolen my monkey :frown:

Should be some fun reading on RAWK and **** Mania about how we're going to get relegated without our one man and 4th is now between them.

Am I the only one that can see why he would refuse to train? If you want to leave the last thing you want is to get crocked rather conveniently by one of our many beasts.
Horse feathers!

If that was the issue he could have shown up at the training ground and explained to AVB that everyone knows he's off so he won't be doing any contact training. He could have done a few laps in the pool, worked out in the state-of-the-art gym and gone home. No more risk of injury than wandering around London, and full respect shown to AVB and Spurs.

Well at least I can say I have witnessed a truly special world class player playing for us live, and I don't think I will ever see another player responsible for making grown hard men in the east stand cry because we are so lucky to have them playing for us.

Good luck Bale. Gutted to see him go but I genuinely hope he does well and achieves everything he wants at Madrid.

Horse feathers!

If that was the issue he could have shown up at the training ground and explained to AVB that everyone knows he's off so he won't be doing any contact training. He could have done a few laps in the pool, worked out in the state-of-the-art gym and gone home. No more risk of injury than wandering around London, and full respect shown to AVB and Spurs.

Fair point I suppose at least he wanted to stay away from the frosty atmosphere I suspect had descended when it became clear he wanted to go

I want him gone now but with all the **** that has gone on with this transfer I just can't see it being plain sailing to the finish line. I have a feeling that there's a twist in this tale yet.

Good luck Bale. Gutted to see him go but I genuinely hope he does well and achieves everything he wants at Madrid.

I don't .

I want him to think that he should never have left Tottenham Hotspur and that when he looks back on his career he will remember the seasons at our club as his happiest.
I don't want him or Real Madrid to win any trophies and from my armchair I will always now support the opponent of the Madridstas.

Shame he's decided to miss training but I suppose agents rule the world.

Apologies if repost but I thought this was funny.
BaleS****book1.jpg

Actually I think the AVB praise in this thread is a bit off-mark. I pick up more than a little self-interest in his arms length demeanour......

Not having a go as such, he has undoubtedly handled himself well. I just get the impression it's as much a shop window for him as it is about representing our interests....

Doubt it. If reports are to be believed, he turned down Real Madrid and PSG. I wouldn't say he's trying to put himself in the shop window.

However, I do think he is self interested in attempting to get one over on his former club and former mentor. BUt all I can say is that's fine by me!

I don't .

I want him to think that he should never have left Tottenham Hotspur and that when he looks back on his career he will remember the seasons at our club as his happiest.
I don't want him or Real Madrid to win any trophies and from my armchair I will always now support the opponent of the Madridstas.

Yeah **** that. They won't win the league or the CL anyway. Best they can hope for is the Copa Del Rey.

In more important welsh related news Catherine Zeta Jones is now single after splitting with Dougie.....

WOOF!

Shame how its ended, I was hoping he had a little more class, but we were here before Bale and will be here long after Bale. Good luck in Madrid, thanks for 1 and half seasons of greatness and Chadli, Paulinho, Soldado, Capoue and (hopefully) Lamela.

AVB:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footb...conference-live-updates-2232881#ixzz2dGiUNfC3

Glad to see our coach being more measured and conciliatory than many Spurs fans on Twitter and elsewhere, who I think are blowing a missed training session totally out of proportion, especially given the context.

On the whole, Bale has behaved as well and respectfully as could be expected in this situation. He and his agent did precious little, if any, mouthing off to the press all summer. All he's really done is bunked off a single day of work, which has not hurt Spurs in the slightest on or off the pitch. To hang him for that really isn't fair in my opinion.

I pay no attention to the speculation over the summer "frustrated and furious" and so on. What disappoints me is the fact that he managed to play only 1 pre season game for us, missing the Monaco game with a buttock injury? I mean are people seriously buying this? :lol:

Actions speak louder than words, and his actions over the last couple of days have been disrespectful and completely unnecessary, he would have got his move anyway even without going AWOL from training. Players get advice from self serving agents, good and bad, that doesn't mean they have to follow that advice, they are not children (ok the ones under the age of 18 are but you get my point). Him walking around with that ridiculous pink hat and t shirt smiling into the cameras did not give me the impression that he's under strain and pressure as Chris Coleman suggested he was. He looked like he genuinely couldn't give a ****.

For the record, I don't attach any blame for him wanting to move on, if I had the chance to leave for a better job I'd snap it up in a shot. But there are ways and means of going about it. I didn't have any hard feelings towards Carrick or Keane when they left. So for all those saying he's done nothing I'm sorry but that's ********.

Agree completely.
The 7m we paid for Bale back in the day has paid for a few glorious season of Bale magic and now its paying for the transfers of Soldado, Lamela, Paulinho, Capoue and Chadli.

have i missed something official with regards to him leaving?

AVB came out today and said he was going.
http://www.theguardian.com/football...-real-madrid-very-soon-villas-boas?CMP=twt_gu

"At the moment the two clubs are speaking – Tottenham and Real Madrid – to outline the final decisions or statements of contracts and I am not sure how much time it will take," Villas-Boas said. "It could happen very, very soon. It might not happen so soon so I suppose it could go to the last days [of the window]. Or it could happen in the next two days.

"What's happening is a dream move for him [Bale] so I think in the end, this could have happened in a different way. But Tottenham will be in the end ... there will be a three-way agreement for the player to go and Tottenham will accept most likely the biggest transfer in world football. In the end, if Tottenham accept it and everything goes all right, it will be end of story.

"In the end, this is an agreement between everybody. I'm not going to speak from his point of view. He goes to Real Madrid, the biggest club in world football, for the record transfer in world football. We wish him well."

I never expected that of Gareth Bale. He is a nice boy, concentrated on his football and very reasonable but this is what happens when you get your head turned by fame and money.

He has felt the pressure of his agent and Real Madrid and at the end of the day, I am pretty sure he

Bale now sits in a corner, with his links with Spurs broken and his move to Madrid in the balance.

Levy was also in that corner, with Bale not trainning, we`re now cashing in.

As for Perez, he knew exactly all this was going to happen, and he will try to use the trainning snub to get the price down.

Thing is mate, this started right before Hong Kong. Frankly, I don't know why anyone is surprised. It's obvious he's been isolated from the squad since the first few days of that tour, and it's obvious that Madrid turned Barnett who turned his client and the family. If he's isolated from his mates on the training field, it's easier to spin his head. We all know AVB wants a steady squad with no distractions. So everyone gets on with the game. Barnett and Levy, the only two people who really count in this thing (and I have repeatedly said their 'relationship' is the major player here - former friends/business partners remember) go nose to nose in this final week. Barnett tells Bale to up the ante, nay, instructs him. The player foolishly does so. AVB then calls him out. The game is still on, the only thing which has really changed is that Bale has been called out and lumped (rightly) with some responsibility!!! Something Barnett has tried to shield his client from.

Look, I think he's going too, but again, until Levy gets the deal as he wants it, he's still on our books. Nothing today changes anything for me. This game has been in motion since Hong Kong and we're in the final days. Perez has tried everything to get the price down because he needs the money I believe.

As for Bale? A shame. He couldn't have thought he'd get out of this unscathed! I think it's great that AVB has dinged him. Although I must say, the behaviour of Barnett, Perez and Gordon Taylor offends me a lot more!

Back