• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Gareth Bale

Re: Gareth Bale

In complete honesty, I hope he disappoints in Madrid. Or even better this Ronaldo ******** about how Bale can't be the most expensive player in the world, scuppers the deal. You can not move the goal posts, offer one amount and then renege on it. If Madrid do do this, we'll be in for a fun season, and Madrid will be a laughing stock.

Whilst it may cause a delay, I can't see it stopping the transfer. How will Ronaldo deal with it? He will simply ask for greater wages, and be the most expensive footballer measured by salary.

Bale should have stayed another year. But we move on. One day, we'll hold on to our best players.

Another diving git in the El Classico. :lol:

The good news is we as Spurs fans no longer have to defend his pathetic diving and feigning injury. It's a big reason why we didn't get any penalties last season. Referees were never going to give him the benefit of the doubt if they were on the fence as to whether he was fouled as he has so much previous for diving it's unreal. I don't want Spurs players to dive even if it is "part of the game" and it annoys me that Townsend did it last week.

Eh. One day player power will be balanced by club power and the days of petulant superstars being paid millions of pounds to kick a ball around skipping even that to make a point will be over. Millions of pounds a year and you refuse to show up to watch a match your team-mates are playing in, or kick a ball around on a training field for two hours before getting back into your super-car and driving home. All because you can't be bothered to think things out on your own, necessitating an agent who then dictates your every action to maximise his ten percent. And you follow along because **** your present team, right?.

It's a real shame it's come to this, a player we all loved turning into a **** before our eyes. Suarez was always a ****. Rooney was always a ****. But Bale? Quiet, happy, home-boy Bale? Skipping training and letting his agent spread 'furious and unhappy' stories through every single media outlet? I doubt anyone expected this at the start of the summer.

I've always maintained that he would stay. I still think that, very, very deep down. But come what may, his past exploits are now losing their emotional resonance for me. That hug he gave AVB after scoring at West Ham....did he really mean it? Did he ever really care? In all probability he did, but that's what behaviour like this does to your nostalgia-tinged memories: throws them into doubt and debases them.

One way or another, this needs to end. And the trust I have in Levy is enough to comfort me that whatever happens, Barnett, Perez and co. will not have it all their own way. For that, I'm thankful: that come what may, our chairman will leave Madrid bleeding if this deal eventually comes to pass.

Really there is no way I could possibly feel bitter towards Bale. He has been the driving force of our team for the past few years and quite honestly responsible for getting us points in games where we were mediocre. Now he has the chance to play for the biggest team in the world and in doing so has funded our strengthening the team all over the park and all in all I feel we will be a much better team for it.

I know I won't be jeering Bale should we happen to play Madrid at the Lane in the next few years.

The good news is we as Spurs fans no longer have to defend his pathetic diving and feigning injury. It's a big reason why we didn't get any penalties last season. Referees were never going to give him the benefit of the doubt if they were on the fence as to whether he was fouled as he has so much previous for diving it's unreal. I don't want Spurs players to dive even if it is "part of the game" and it annoys me that Townsend did it last week.

I never defended it, sometimes I come under crticism on here for accusing him of diving! Granted some of the time the ref was very harsh, especially last season, but I always said I found it embarassing and the only thing I didn't like him doing on the pitch for us! Last time before Bale that I saw a Spurs player dive was when Zokora won that penalty against Pompey.

How true.

No Bale and all of a sudden 2 pens in 2 league games, 3 in the last 4 if you include Espanyol

I never defended it, sometimes I come under crticism on here for accusing him of diving! Granted some of the time the ref was very harsh, especially last season, but I always said I found it embarassing and the only thing I didn't like him doing on the pitch for us! Last time before Bale that I saw a Spurs player dive was when Zokora won that penalty against Pompey.

I never defended him either. I too got a lot of stick for not defending him. There was at least two occasions last season when he should have got a penalty, Stoke and Sunderland at home. Most of his bookings were justified IMO. He's lucky he didn't get one for that shocker at home to Villa.

I defended him, diving is an essential skill in the modern game, I hope it's something the newbies do when given the opportunity

my only problem with bales diving was that he wasn't canny enough about it

Oh christ almighty not this again...please let it go, I beg of you.

Personally I don't mind admitting that I will be very, very sad when the deal is finally done.

Innocence gone and all that...I hope I never get too old or jaded to express raw emotions...I will shed a tear for sure. How could you not? The man was electric, he electrified me, and right now, i cannot contemplate looking at a highlight reel for a long, long time...jesus, I still get goosebumps when I see Glennda v Oxford at home...

I'm just glad the club is now strong enough, and ballsy enough, to march forth undeterred...

Oh christ almighty not this again...please let it go, I beg of you.

clearly had Bale been playing against Palace we'd never have got the pen from Lennon's cross being blocked by the Palace defenders arm,.. clear as day,.. damn Bale and his dislike for getting kicked, proper screwed us over last season.

Personally I don't mind admitting that I will be very, very sad when the deal is finally done.

Innocence gone and all that...I hope I never get too old or jaded to express raw emotions...I will shed a tear for sure. How could you not? The man was electric, he electrified me, and right now, i cannot contemplate looking at a highlight reel for a long, long time...jesus, I still get goosebumps when I see Glennda v Oxford at home...

I'm just glad the club is now strong enough, and ballsy enough, to march forth undeterred...

Superb post. We should consider ourselves fortunate to have seen a potential super star of world football learn his trade at our club; so many happy memories.

clearly had Bale been playing against Palace we'd never have got the pen from Lennon's cross being blocked by the Palace defenders arm,.. clear as day,.. damn Bale and his dislike for getting kicked, proper screwed us over last season.

No but we probably wouldn't have got the one against Palace.

EDIT: meant to say Swansea :lol:

Last edited:

Just because you refuse to ever condemn Spurs player FOR ANYTHING doesn't mean I have to.

Behave and stop being silly. You haven't even read this thread properly have you?

You just like to troll up old arguments. Why not be a man and just admit you're sad to see him go without putting on the same old record? It's tiresome. Give it a rest. Your opinion on this been aired so many times! LET IT GO!!!!!!!! The man's just about out the ****ing door...

Back