• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Gareth Bale

Re: Gareth Bale

Superb post. We should consider ourselves fortunate to have seen a potential super star of world football learn his trade at our club; so many happy memories.

I'm sad at how it went down, I'm sad at how he allowed himself to be spun, I'm sad at the loss of innocence and all that and I'm ultimately sad we will not see him play for us again mate. I'm sad and probably a little angry too, but rather than hide, I'd rather express that to fellow Spurs and hope that some (like your good self) can both empathize and agree...I mean, we're in the best shape we've been in for years and years, what a great job by DL, AVB and Baldini...but still...it will make me feel a little sick inside when Bale holds that Madrid shirt up...it will...

Behave and stop being silly. You haven't even read this thread properly have you?

You just like to troll up old arguments. Why not be a man and just admit you're sad to see him go without putting on the same old record? It's tiresome. Give it a rest. Your opinion on this been aired so many times! LET IT GO!!!!!!!! The man's just about out the ****ing door...

I'm not sad to see him go. When players behave like ****s on the way out, I'm never sad when they leave. I was sad when Berbatov left but players have come and gone throughout my life, THFC is still here and always will be even after you and me are long gone.

I'll tell you what is tiresome, you blindly defending THFC players:

Bale never dives
Bale doesn't want to leave it's all his agent
Modric doesn't want to leave (again it's his agent)

Every time I post something you don't like or you think is somehow aimed at you, I get a strongly worded PM from you explaining how you don't like being wound up and how you will threaten to report my posts, but it's fine for you to call me a troll? Seems like one rule for you and a different one for me.

I'm not sad to see him go. When players behave like ****s on the way out, I'm never sad when they leave. I was sad when Berbatov left but players have come and gone throughout my life, THFC is still here and always will be even after you and me are long gone.

I'll tell you what is tiresome, you blindly defending THFC players:

Bale never dives
Bale doesn't want to leave it's all his agent
Modric doesn't want to leave (again it's his agent)

Every time I post something you don't like or you think is somehow aimed at you, I get a strongly worded PM from you explaining how you don't like being wound up and how you will threaten to report my posts, but it's fine for you to call me a troll? Seems like one rule for you and a different one for me.

Oh dear. I have never threatened to report your posts. i don't report people's posts. i respond to them. If you have that threaten record, go ahead and make it public. Yes, I called you a troll because IN MY OPINION AS A POSTEE (not a mod -get over that one-it's irrelevant to what I write) that is what you are doing in this instance.

As for your opinion on what is tiresome, fantastic. Your opinion. Enjoy it. My specific comment was about the fact you keep on bringing up the same old stuff with regards to diving.

When I have sent you a PM it is usually because you have spent an inordinate amount of time persuing me over an issue (usually you have repeatedly quipped back) so I communicate DIRECTLY with you about it. Again, I don't report people. Apparently, you do.

I am happy for the mods to do what they feel is necessary.

Oh dear. I have never threatened to report your posts. i don't report people's posts. i respond to them. If you have that threaten record, go ahead and make it public. Yes, I called you a troll because IN MY OPINION AS A POSTEE (not a mod -get over that one-it's irrelevant to what I write) that is what you are doing in this instance.

As for your opinion on what is tiresome, fantastic. Your opinion. Enjoy it. My specific comment was about the fact you keep on bringing up the same old stuff with regards to diving.

When I have sent you a PM it is usually because you have spent an inordinate amount of time persuing me over an issue (usually you have repeatedly quipped back) so I communicate DIRECTLY with you about it. Again, I don't report people. Apparently, you do.

I am happy for the mods to do what they feel is necessary.

And where have I done that on this occasion?

1. There is a split on the board when it comes to Bale's diving, you're far from the only one who thinks he doesn't dive. I never actually mentioned you by name so how you came to the conclusion that I singled you out I have no idea.
2. Wasn't even me that brought up the discussion again in the first place, another poster did.

I imagine we will wait until deadline day to process it. Allows us to do anything up until then

Jurgen,

Admins are posters too, we are entitled to our opinions the same as everyone else.

Maybe now isn't the best time to bring up Bale diving or not diving again. Feelings are running high and it was always likely to provoke a response, besides, it is largely off topic to the current discussion.

Lastly, oh the irony of someone who names themselves after Klinsmann slating a player for diving :-"

Jurgen,

Admins are posters too, we are entitled to our opinions the same as everyone else.

Maybe now isn't the best time to bring up Bale diving or not diving again. Feelings are running high and it was always likely to provoke a response, besides, it is largely off topic to the current discussion.

Lastly, oh the irony of someone who names themselves after Klinsmann slating a player for diving :-"

I realise that but he's played the ball and not the man as you like to say on more than one occasion and reacted aggresively when there really was no need to. For the record I don't mind him anyone challenging me, but I draw the line at being called a troll considering I've not received a single infraction point on this site.

As for the next paragraph, point taken. But I'll reitirate it wasn't me that mentioned the diving in the first place, I just commented on another post.

As for the Klinsmann bit, you've got me on that one :)

I'm caught in the middle of both Steffs and Jurgens viewpoints of this whole thing. I was nodding my head reading Steffs initial post on the last page. He has been a real REAL joy to watch and witness in person. He will be a player we will all tell our grandchildren we saw in the flesh.

But I also agree with Jurgen. How Bale is now behaving, confirmed by AVB, just really sticks in my throat.

I do believe there are ways to leave the club that aren't this. If Bale had come out in the last week or so and said, "look, I do really want to go to Madrid but I acknowledge that I am employed by Spurs and will do as they ask whilst the negotiations continue. I hope Madrid understand this" then I don't think we would have all gone mad about it would we? I wouldn't. We all know he loves the idea of playing for them.

Why not hand in a transfer request? If it fell through he wouldn't get any more of a bad reaction than he would now.

I'm caught in the middle of both Steffs and Jurgens viewpoints of this whole thing. I was nodding my head reading Steffs initial post on the last page. He has been a real REAL joy to watch and witness in person. He will be a player we will all tell our grandchildren we saw in the flesh.

But I also agree with Jurgen. How Bale is now behaving, confirmed by AVB, just really sticks in my throat.

I do believe there are ways to leave the club that aren't this. If Bale had come out in the last week or so and said, "look, I do really want to go to Madrid but I acknowledge that I am employed by Spurs and will do as they ask whilst the negotiations continue. I hope Madrid understand this" then I don't think we would have all gone mad about it would we? I wouldn't. We all know he loves the idea of playing for them.

Why not hand in a transfer request? If it fell through he wouldn't get any more of a bad reaction than he would now.

That is all I ask of a player. I don't expect them to love the club, why players like Sheringham and Bentley proclaim they love the club they play for I have no idea, I really don't care if they support another club. It could be argued that by Bale stating his intentions, he would make Madrid's position stronger, but they are already aware of this anyway. And I don't really think someone as tough of a negotiator like Levy would give a **** tbh. He would still pull Madrid's pants down and rightly so.

I was 11 when Sheringam left and I was gutted, genuinely gutted. Ditto Sol Campbell. But I've seen so many players come and go over the years that I've tried to distance myself from it to a degree. To me, it hurts more when I hear players who actually do seem to genuinely care about the club are nearly sold.

The good news is we as Spurs fans no longer have to defend his pathetic diving and feigning injury. It's a big reason why we didn't get any penalties last season. Referees were never going to give him the benefit of the doubt if they were on the fence as to whether he was fouled as he has so much previous for diving it's unreal. I don't want Spurs players to dive even if it is "part of the game" and it annoys me that Townsend did it last week.

I'm with you on all of that. Bale definitely dives, there is no question about it. There have always been fast players and tackling now is softer than ever. In the past these players who were as fast as Bale stayed on their feet when clattered. Bale goes down at the slightest touch and then apparently he is falling over to avoid contact because of injury. What an utter load of nonsense.

I was very ****ed off with Townsend about it too. I actually think he dived on both occasions because on both occasions both feet had left the floor prior to contact being made. I really hope he cuts it out of his game.

I realise that but he's played the ball and not the man as you like to say on more than one occasion and reacted aggresively when there really was no need to. For the record I don't mind him anyone challenging me, but I draw the line at being called a troll considering I've not received a single infraction point on this site.

As for the next paragraph, point taken. But I'll reitirate it wasn't me that mentioned the diving in the first place, I just commented on another post.

As for the Klinsmann bit, you've got me on that one :)

No worries mate. Shall we take this discussion to PM so we do not derail the thread any further?

I'm with you on all of that. Bale definitely dives, there is no question about it. There have always been fast players and tackling now is softer than ever. In the past these players who were as fast as Bale stayed on their feet when clattered. Bale goes down at the slightest touch and then apparently he is falling over to avoid contact because of injury. What an utter load of nonsense.

I was very ****ed off with Townsend about it too. I actually think he dived on both occasions because on both occasions both feet had left the floor prior to contact being made. I really hope he cuts it out of his game.

No comment about the first paragraph.

I definitely think the one in the first half was a penalty. As for the second one? Yeah there was some contact and to be fair 95% of players would have gone down in a similar position, but the word "contact" doesn't make it a foul in my book.

So Bale's almost gone now. Now we've signed Lamela and are seemingly on the verge of signing Eriken I cannot see us not selling Bale to recoup some of the costs.

I'm a bit bitter for betting reasons; I have 3 bets (all with Gooners) who said Bale would be gone by the end of the window.

First bet: if Bale left i'd buy the first Gooner colleague lunch for a week. So confident I was at the time (late May) that I said he wouldn't have to give me anything if he stayed#-o

Second bet: a Gooner mate said after the first game that they'd have no chance of finishing above us if we kept Bale, and if Bale was gone it'd be close but that we'd bottle it last minute again. I said, 'looks like you got no chance then'....we've bet £50 on whether he says or goes. He pays me if he stays, I pay him if he goes.

Third bet: this was made just before the Willian hijacking (I know..) with a near neighbour who's also a Gooner. If Bale goes I get him a bottle of rum, if Bale stays he gets me a 24-crate of Supermalt.

After AVB's conference I've started collecting the lunchtime vouchers from local sandwich shops and restaurants and have bought the rum....

Ouch

Oh and Bale: thanks for the memories. Shame you couldn't just attend training, save us the circus and keep your good name mostly intact.

Back