• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Gareth Bale

Re: Gareth Bale

Agreed. That's my favourite Bale-moment as well. Truly out of this world! Inter away was also amazing, although we lost.

That west Ham goal had everything, last minute drama, the celebration.... And he was at his best then.

As for a game, the one he tore Maicon apart against Inter at home was probably his best.

Funny thing is for Bale is this could be undoing of him. RM is a graveyard for talented footballers and one of the most unforgiving crowds. Relative to his huge price tag nothing short of absolute brilliance will sate the savage horde.

Daniel, you just got all your pocket money back. Now go splurge it on something extravagant.

its not worth feeling bitter. They may not win anything, but they will at some point. Just like Teddy. Just wish him well and lets all move on. We can really progress as a team with the Bale Money.

Exactly. The tactics he and his agent used aren't great but he was always going to move and this will always happen to us while we're on this rung of the footballing chain.

We're about to receive a world record fee. We have to make sure we utilise it properly.

its not worth feeling bitter. They may not win anything, but they will at some point. Just like Teddy. Just wish him well and lets all move on. We can really progress as a team with the Bale Money.

Bale = Modric and Berbatov, not Sheringham. Sheringham's first choice was for Spurs to invest in quality players and stay at Spurs. When that didn't happen he had a bust up with Sugar and a bid was accepted for him before he even knew he was going.

Bale isn't fit to lick Teddy's boots.

AVB:

"Obviously he is involved in a big transfer move to Real Madrid. In the end if it happens we wish him all the best.

"He will leave us here with great memories. The fact that he hasn't turned up, I don't know if it is the correct behaviour, in the end it is pressure and a statement from the player.

"Now it is up to the club to decide if it is a fineable offence."

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footb...conference-live-updates-2232881#ixzz2dGiUNfC3

Glad to see our coach being more measured and conciliatory than many Spurs fans on Twitter and elsewhere, who I think are blowing a missed training session totally out of proportion, especially given the context.

On the whole, Bale has behaved as well and respectfully as could be expected in this situation. He and his agent did precious little, if any, mouthing off to the press all summer. All he's really done is bunked off a single day of work, which has not hurt Spurs in the slightest on or off the pitch. To hang him for that really isn't fair in my opinion.

AVB:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footb...conference-live-updates-2232881#ixzz2dGiUNfC3

Glad to see our coach being more measured and conciliatory than many Spurs fans on Twitter and elsewhere, who I think are blowing a missed training session totally out of proportion, especially given the context.

On the whole, Bale has behaved as well and respectfully as could be expected in this situation. He and his agent did precious little, if any, mouthing off to the press all summer. All he's really done is bunked off a single day of work, which has not hurt Spurs in the slightest on or off the pitch. To hang him for that really isn't fair in my opinion.

You honestly believe Barnett hasn't been feeding stories to the press all summer?

Is there a place where I can watch the manager press conferences after they've occurred by the way?

AVB:

That depends on if he was really injured. Rooney wants to leave Utd, and yet is playing for them. Nasri wanted to leave Arsenal and played for them up until the end. Suarez is back in training. That is behaving well. Feigning injury, just not showing up for your job is NOT behaving well and is simply unprofessional.

FOOTBALL

Tottenham manager Andre Villas-Boas on Real Madrid setting up a stage at the Bernabeu Stadium to welcome Gareth Bale: "I can't comment on the actions another club has taken. They can do whatever they want. Whether it's responsible or or irresponsible, I don't care. If Tottenham accept [Real Madrid's offer] and everything goes all right, it will be the end of the story."

My memories of Keane, Berbatov and Modric are all tarnished. All of those wonderful moments, Robbie's goal against Blackburn, Berbs against display against Bolton, Modric's link play, etc, etc. Now Gareth has gone the same way, it's sad. Especially as my mate used to say to me "Talk to me about that boy, he's useless!", which he definitely was early on, but we stuck by him.

I'm sure, as others have posted, that he could and should have handled things better. I've no doubt he would have got the move without the shenanigans and could have left on good terms with the club and fans.

Still we've got a shed load of cash for him, we've improved the team and even have some money left.

Onwards and upwards!

COYS!

FOOTBALL

Tottenham manager Andre Villas-Boas on Real Madrid setting up a stage at the Bernabeu Stadium to welcome Gareth Bale: "I can't comment on the actions another club has taken. They can do whatever they want. Whether it's responsible or or irresponsible, I don't care. If Tottenham accept [Real Madrid's offer] and everything goes all right, it will be the end of the story."

For a young manager in a high pressure position AVB has a fantastic attitude

Reality time.

The squad now is better than last year and we still have around £60m if reports are true. The bottom line is that four clubs finished above us without the great man last year and we are more balanced and better than then. The key will be how we spend that money or if we spend that money. Bring in two chance makers and takers and who knows. Invest it in the stadium and there will be more time wasted.

Either way, I was Tottenham when Pat went to Arsenal, Tottenham when Hoddle went to Monaco, Tottenham when Waddle went to Marseilles and when Sol made a fool of himself. I will always be Tottenham, whilst the players come and go. The great ones we want to keep, the poor ones we are desperate to see the back of, this one was a gem, but nobody cried when we released Bentley. Such is life.

Bale is gone, arise Lamella, Townsend, Soldado, whoever.

I hope Bale feels the pressure. He might have tomatoes thrown at him now and again.

And the odd monkey gesture. It could all be a cunning plan to subvert racism accusations by Real as now the monkey chants will be ambiguous.

Overall, I'm just hoping they get the deal finalised. I've been expecting it and, unlike previous episodes, we have being preparing all summer (no more Frazier Campbells). We genuinely have a chance to be better without him. If he had stayed it would have been a big bonus.

I wish him well, at least well enough to keep him in Spain. And its a world cup year so he will need to be a his best ... oh well, he'll have plenty of time to wear pink next summer.

I agree that a lot of people are blowing it out of proportion. I saw someone (on twitter of course!) compare him to Sol Campbell which is beyond ridiculous. It's a minor infraction and hardly a surprise... Madrid have built a stage in the Bernabéu for gods-sake... we all know this is happening! And while we can still hope for the deal to collapse (as these things sometimes do), why are we upset if Bale finally acknowledges it's happening too.

And yet... and yet, it still needles. It does show Spurs a measure of disrespect that those secret briefings by his agent to the press never did. Precisely because it is a very public snub (I usually hate that word when the tabloids use it, because they so often misuse it, but in this case I think it's accurate). And I'd really rather he hadn't done it. He could have sucked up his pride for one more week while the deal got ironed out. Just show up for work, serve out his "notice period" and walk out without any bad blood or bridges burned. His refusal to do that, even as a negotiating tactic rather than a deliberate act of disrespect, is a bit sad.

Back