• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Gareth Bale

Re: Bale's Dive Today

Basically I think all this nonsense that Bale doesn't dive but he is jumping out of tackles because of Charlie Adams is absolte bollox!! Yes Adams is a dirty brickbag who's too slow to catch Bale so sticks the boot in. But Bales a cheat too, he dives... Alot, and he needs to cut that brick out of his game because it's what people talk about and not his ever improving skill and pace.

The dive Sunday. I was up in Block J of the shelf (so behind the keeper) and could see clearly from that angle that Bale had dived. People say "but he didn't protest because he was getting out of the way of the tackle". Bollox. If the ref give the freekick and booked or even sent the keeper off Bale wouldn't have said a word. He dived, end of.

All those who say he was pulling out of a tackle to avoid injury just make us sound like we are making excuses for our own player. If we all shout "Dive... Cheating clown shoe" etc at everyone elses player who does it then when Bale does it say "no but he was jumping out of the way to avoid injury", just makes us sound like idiots it really does. He dives just like Suarez, Hazard, Mata, Rooney, Ronaldo, etc the list goes on. You could probably say that every team has atleast one diver in it and ours is definately Bale. Embarrassing, especially for such a talented player and often our talisman

Think you should read through the thread mate, all your points have been addressed a few times.

This thread seems to go in 3 page cycles of repetition!

Basically I think all this nonsense that Bale doesn't dive but he is jumping out of tackles because of Charlie Adams is absolte bollox!! Yes Adams is a dirty brickbag who's too slow to catch Bale so sticks the boot in. But Bales a cheat too, he dives... Alot, and he needs to cut that brick out of his game because it's what people talk about and not his ever improving skill and pace.

The dive Sunday. I was up in Block J of the shelf (so behind the keeper) and could see clearly from that angle that Bale had dived. People say "but he didn't protest because he was getting out of the way of the tackle". Bollox. If the ref give the freekick and booked or even sent the keeper off Bale wouldn't have said a word. He dived, end of.

All those who say he was pulling out of a tackle to avoid injury just make us sound like we are making excuses for our own player. If we all shout "Dive... Cheating clown shoe" etc at everyone elses player who does it then when Bale does it say "no but he was jumping out of the way to avoid injury", just makes us sound like idiots it really does. He dives just like Suarez, Hazard, Mata, Rooney, Ronaldo, etc the list goes on. You could probably say that every team has atleast one diver in it and ours is definately Bale. Embarrassing, especially for such a talented player and often our talisman

Fantastic post

**applause**

Last season it seemed like i was the only one arguing the case that Bale was a persistant diver. The excuses the vast majority were giving in defence of him was incredible really. I'm glad people are now coming to the realisation that he's one of the worst divers in the league that needs to cut that brick out.

Agree with every word of this!

I understand that Bale might want to pull out of tackles sometimes, but with regards to the one on Sunday, why didn't he try and sidestep the "challenge" rather than falling to the floor?

Be interesting to see the response on here when a player from an opposing wins a penalty against us or gets one of our players sent off as a result of a dive. It's inevitable that it will happen at some point.

Worth adding that any defence of Bale along the lines of "Bale must be innocent because he didn't appeal for a foul" is also totally irrelevant. This isn't cricket, "appealing" has no part of the game.

He might have "dived out of the way" to prevent impact before but in now way was his jump on Sunday evasive action. Completely wrong way of jumping.

He's as guilty as Jimmy Saville.

My thoughts as well.

Very disapponiting comment to read all round, no offence.

The fact you've been promoted to a position of some sort of objectivity makes it even more bizarre to spout out such comments about purposefully aiming to injure players or 'do' someone and openly promote cheating in the game because someone got a few tough tackles in his career from a thick clogger. Lionel Messi is claterred week-in-and-out from every angle, yet I've never seen him dive or attempt to cheat/deceive the ref.

Perhaps people have a point after all - the current crop of Moderators and their take on football in general has reached a very strange plateau, imv - I've been on this forum for around 6 years and I have never disagreed more on football takes than ever before.

Sorry you're disappointed, but I will do you the service of not even attempting to back-track.

I have not been 'promoted to a position of some sort of objectivity'...I have been asked to help keep the forum in line, protect people from getting insulted and attacked by others and generally help with the community spirit of things around here. We are all entitled to our opinions, and so long as they don't attack others, then I see no problem whatsoever. Further, it is naive if you think I will refrain from ever expressing an opinion; trust me Arcy, I keep my **** in my pocket (to quote Mr Pop) much much more than I did so as not to flirt with any potential 'clash' issues, but on this, well, disagree if you like but my being a mod has absolutely ZERO to do with it. In fact, I'd wager that some of the mods think what I expressed was out of order!

I think Adam is absolute scum, and IF someone did him, I would be delighted. Sorry. That's the truth. Now, read what I wrote carefully (and in context) and you will see I did not advocate that it happen, I said I would be happy enough if it did.

As to the fact the current crop of mods seem to have a vastly differing view of Tottenham Hotspur, and football, to yourself? Well, that's just how it is I suppose...finally, you have openly suggested I wrote that Bale should cheat. What I ACTUALLY said is that I would prefer him to dive out of challenges from Charlie Adam if it means he avoids a long-term injury from a player who has done him once and tried twice more. THAT is both different and a matter of perspective and definition...you're entitled to view it as 'cheating' if you like, but my good friend, that is NOT what I said...

Appreciate your honesty in response. Glad you feel you can be as such, it's how things should be...no offence taken BTW, just a few things I felt you misrepresented.

To be fair, I think this has generally been a far, far better version of the 'does-Bale-cheat' thread that we had last season...some very good POVs all round IMHO...I can most certainly see that he does himself no favors regardless of the size/speed/foul-attempt ratio, but equally I'm sure none of us want him to get clattered because he tried to ride the challenge.

Lets just all agree that he escapes unscathed on Friday...I am, on an off-shoot, surprised that no-one has picked up on Adam's pre-match behaviour. It is nothing short of an announcement designed to scare the player and play on intimidating him. He is total and utter scum. It's disgraceful behavior on his part. I've been watching that Liverpool infommercial, and I firmly believe that they turfed him out of the club because Rogers doesn't want tossers like that at his club. His attitude in the few clips I saw was smug and ****y. Anyone who thinks he did not basically put out a warning to Bale is IMHO naive. He could've avoided comment altogether.

Firstly he went down infront of the lino, I prefer his opinion than someone behind the keeper, I was up in the West Stand, and to me Guzan looked like he was going to hit him.

Bale himself has said in a article from last August which has loads of quotes what he feels and what is happening. Whatever anyone else says, in certain circumstances he goes down to avoid contact and injury. So for me, I believe him, and not the macaronic idiots that don't (see I too can play the ball)

“I’m trying to save my career”.

“If people want to say I’m diving they can. But at the end of the day I’m trying to get out of the way and save myself and my career.

“People want to take you out and get you out of the game. I suppose you can take it as a compliment. It’s not nice but it’s to be expected.

“They think it’s the only way they can stop you. But the best players just get on with it. If they get knocked down, they just get up again until it really hurts.”

“[The criticism is] a bit annoying. But when you have got people flying in at you all the time, it’s not really diving, you’re just trying to get out of the way of the challenges if anything.”

Now he maintains he has learned to get out of the way more often.

He added: “If you stand there, you’re going to get a whack.

“Sometimes it looks like you’re diving, but when someone’s coming across, you’re just trying to get out of the way, and because they haven’t touched you it looks like you’re diving.

“It’s a difficult one. You can obviously see why people say you’re diving, but at the end of the day I would rather do what I do than get hurt.”

Gareth Bale has hit back at claims he is a serial diver insisting: “I’m trying to save my career”.

The Spurs winger has had to put up with ‘cheat’ jibes after TV replays in recent matches showed controversial penalty incidents awarded in his favour.

But Bale, who has suffered a series of punishing tackles over the past two seasons from opposition players, has defiantly answered his critics.

The Welshman, 22, said: “If people want to say I’m diving they can. But at the end of the day I’m trying to get out of the way and save myself and my career.

“But whenever a challenge comes in I am more likely to try to get out of the way and not get hurt, rather than get hurt. I tend not to dive.

“People do see us diving but at the end of the day there are certain things you can do to dive if someone doesn’t go in for a challenge.”

Embarrassing mate. Take off your Spurs glasses and wake up.

I take it you don't believe Bale, and think he is lieing.

Personally, I don't think he is the sort to do that.

Maybe your a better judgement of person.

Just to clarify, I am talking about the incident on Sunday, and believe what happened then is summed up in what Bale talks about at length.

But he has dived previously. I have never said he doesn't

Last edited:

I always found the "there was contact" argument difficult when there was no foul, so I really struggle with the "i was anticipating contact" line of defense.

Bale himself has said in a article from last August which has loads of quotes what he feels and what is happening. Whatever anyone else says, in certain circumstances he goes down to avoid contact and injury. So for me, I believe him, and not the macaronic idiots that don't (see I too can play the ball)

“I’m trying to save my career”.

“If people want to say I’m diving they can. But at the end of the day I’m trying to get out of the way and save myself and my career.

“People want to take you out and get you out of the game. I suppose you can take it as a compliment. It’s not nice but it’s to be expected.

“They think it’s the only way they can stop you. But the best players just get on with it. If they get knocked down, they just get up again until it really hurts.”

“[The criticism is] a bit annoying. But when you have got people flying in at you all the time, it’s not really diving, you’re just trying to get out of the way of the challenges if anything.”

Now he maintains he has learned to get out of the way more often.

He added: “If you stand there, you’re going to get a whack.

“Sometimes it looks like you’re diving, but when someone’s coming across, you’re just trying to get out of the way, and because they haven’t touched you it looks like you’re diving.

“It’s a difficult one. You can obviously see why people say you’re diving, but at the end of the day I would rather do what I do than get hurt.”

Gareth Bale has hit back at claims he is a serial diver insisting: “I’m trying to save my career”.

The Spurs winger has had to put up with ‘cheat’ jibes after TV replays in recent matches showed controversial penalty incidents awarded in his favour.

But Bale, who has suffered a series of punishing tackles over the past two seasons from opposition players, has defiantly answered his critics.

The Welshman, 22, said: “If people want to say I’m diving they can. But at the end of the day I’m trying to get out of the way and save myself and my career.

“But whenever a challenge comes in I am more likely to try to get out of the way and not get hurt, rather than get hurt. I tend not to dive.

“People do see us diving but at the end of the day there are certain things you can do to dive if someone doesn’t go in for a challenge.”

there you go. =D> Clear as day why Bale does what he does, straight from the horses mouth, and obviously there are mental scars there from previous times when he has been injured badly and now he would rather take evasive action by diving rather than being a man and taking a hit

his choice, he knows the consequences of being labelled a diver etc, but he doesnt care so i say let him take care of his reputation and his career however he wants

Back