• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Gareth Bale

Re: Bale's Dive Today

i will...gladly

i cant wait to see the reaction on here when Bale or any other of our players gets caught by a tackle and is then out injured for months

Like I said - nothing wrong with jumping out of challenges - making it look like you were hit and attempting to cheat in order to gain an advantage = not on

Last edited:

You saying you want someone to get injured?

/WUM

i said "i cant wait to see the reaction"

i dont want anyone to get injured, for Spurs or any other club. Ive said already, if diving means that players avoid injury and remain fit to entertain the public then thats fine by me

i said "i cant wait to see the reaction"

i dont want anyone to get injured, for Spurs or any other club. Ive said already, if diving means that players avoid injury and remain fit to entertain the public then thats fine by me

I kind of agree with you really. It's the rolling around and waving of imaginary cards that get me.

We all remember this:

Peek-A-Boo.gif

Busquets is a snidy ****, I cannot stand the bloke. As for avoiding tackles, when Bale first started doing it, he was avoiding tackles. Nowadays, there are times when he actively looks for the foul and he has turned into a diver, there is a MASSIVE difference. It amazes me that people can watch a "challenge" where Bale has avoided any contact, is still capable of staying on his feet once the challenge has passed and goes to ground like a sack of spuds and people think that he is anything other than being a cynical cheat.

I've actually felt like running out of the stands and picking him up by the scruff of his neck, watching him roll about on the floor after minimal contact and burying his head in the floor until he feels the refs hand on his shoulder (better than Peek-a-boo, I'll grant you). And as previously stated, if you look at Suarez, he doesn't get ANY decisions now as the default suspicion for the ref is he is going to look silly if he gives Suarez the decision... We do not want that to be the situation for Bale now do we.

Will the people defending Bale please go back and look at the compilation of diving videos put together earlier in the thread, the Real Madrid one in particular and still tell us he doesn't dive.

As to the people saying he goes down partly because he moves so fast and it doesn't take much to knock him over, I'm not having it. People had no sympathy for Ronaldo when he played in our league.

I actually think Bale's histrionics when he rolls about and bangs the floor counts against him when it comes to refs not taking a stricter view on players hacking him down. Suarez's reputation without question goes against him when he appeals for penalties, it's the same for Bale IMO. Only a matter of time until Bale doesn't get any free kicks.

Like I said earlier, Suarez got kicked to brick by Huth on Sunday, he even had stud marks on his chest as evidence, did Spurs fans have any sympathy for him?

It's been mentioned already, we are starting to sound like Liverpool fans with this persecution syndrome, always the victims, never our fault etc.

Some are defending the indefensible. It does mean you don't support your club if you think Bale dives. Head on over to the Liverpool thread, people are coating Brendan Rogers for defending Suarez, it's pot, kettle, black I'm afraid.

Last edited:

jurgen, talk about getting your knickers in a twist over nothing lol.. you keep repeating yourself. lol

Meanwhile

Stoke man hails Spurs ace as ‘one of the best in the world’

Tuesday, October 9, 2012
2:29 PM

Former Liverpool midfielder Charlie Adam has heaped praise on Tottenham’s Gareth Bale before they go head to head for their countries.

Adam’s Scotland come up against Wales in their World Cup qualifier at Cardiff City Stadium on Friday night.

The pair clashed in a pre-season match this summer and Adam, who left Liverpool for Stoke City during the summer, is fully aware of the threat posed by Welsh wizard Bale.

The 26-year-old has warned Scotland that they will need to be at their best to stop the Spurs star.

“I think he’s one of the best players in the world, on his day,” Adam told the BBC.

“He’s good and he’s quick.

If we can stop him it will probably enhance our chances of winning the game.”

genuine question. Azza gets whacked often and he's a fragile little thing. In the last 6 years, has he ever been caught diving to the point that it became an issue? can't remember off the top of my head.

genuine question. Azza gets whacked often and he's a fragile little thing. In the last 6 years, has he ever been caught diving to the point that it became an issue? can't remember off the top of my head.

He's Gangsta.. not allowed to show pain

jurgen, talk about getting your knickers in a twist over nothing lol.. you keep repeating yourself. lol

Meanwhile

Stoke man hails Spurs ace as ‘one of the best in the world’

Tuesday, October 9, 2012
2:29 PM

Former Liverpool midfielder Charlie Adam has heaped praise on Tottenham’s Gareth Bale before they go head to head for their countries.

Adam’s Scotland come up against Wales in their World Cup qualifier at Cardiff City Stadium on Friday night.

The pair clashed in a pre-season match this summer and Adam, who left Liverpool for Stoke City during the summer, is fully aware of the threat posed by Welsh wizard Bale.

The 26-year-old has warned Scotland that they will need to be at their best to stop the Spurs star.

“I think he’s one of the best players in the world, on his day,” Adam told the BBC.

“He’s good and he’s quick.

If we can stop him it will probably enhance our chances of winning the game.”

Yeah I admit this topic really gets my goat. I would rather Spurs fans just say he dives, everyone does it, and they don't have a problem with it rather than blind faith and denial.

I don't think people are saying he doesn't dive, like myself, there was two instances I believe he has in those videos posted, the obvious one was against Madrid.

The one the other day, IMO has mitigating circumstances. Unlike Suarez and his swallow dive after the event.

I don't think people are saying he doesn't dive, like myself, there was two instances I believe he has in those videos posted, the obvious one was against Madrid.

The one the other day, IMO has mitigating circumstances. Unlike Suarez and his swallow dive after the event.

Granted, he's nowhere near as bad as Suarez, he's in a league of his own. He dives pretty much every game. But he would probably be in the top 5 of worst divers in the Premier League.

Granted, he's nowhere near as bad as Suarez, he's in a league of his own. He dives pretty much every game. But he would probably be in the top 5 of worst divers in the Premier League.

I agree I hope AVB has a word with him, Bale is an immense talent which we are lucky to have at our club but he needs to cut this part out of his game. We always were on the lot down the road over the years for having players who dived now we have one and I don't like it one bit.

This.

When Bale does dive and when he roles around in agony then 30 seconds later sprints down the left wing, it tinkles me off, I hate it, but that should be kept separate from this instance, which like SuperHudd says had mitigating circumstances. It looked for all the world like Bale would get clattered, Guzan even pulled his leg back to swing it, Bale was clearing his left leg off the ground brassing himself for impact, it just never came.

As has been explained by a few posters, he couldn't jump out of the way of it because he'd either have to plant his left leg (almost certain to be clattered 99 times out of 100) or jump off on his right foot after nicking the ball with his left, that's not even easy to write let alone do in practice and would have led to an even more elaborate "dive".

I don't think anyones claimed Bale doesn't dive, just not necessarily in this case, however dodgy it may have looked.

This.

When Bale does dive and when he roles around in agony then 30 seconds later sprints down the left wing, it tinkles me off, I hate it, but that should be kept separate from this instance, which like SuperHudd says had mitigating circumstances. It looked for all the world like Bale would get clattered, Guzan even pulled his leg back to swing it, Bale was clearing his left leg off the ground brassing himself for impact, it just never came.

As has been explained by a few posters, he couldn't jump out of the way of it because he'd either have to plant his left leg (almost certain to be clattered 99 times out of 100) or jump off on his right foot after nicking the ball with his left, that's not even easy to write let alone do in practice and would have led to an even more elaborate "dive".

I don't think anyones claimed Bale doesn't dive, just not necessarily in this case, however dodgy it may have looked.

I understand your point but if he simply stayed on his feet after he touched it around Guzan he may have gotten a goal out of it. It was an awkward type challenge but it certainly didn't look good.

He could have even taken a small jump after he touched it to avoid contact there was no need for him to belly flop there

Last edited:

I find it quite amusing that someone called Jurgen the German who has Jurgen Klinsmann as his Avatar is so against diving.

Nope, not a one as far as I can remember.

Back