• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Gareth Bale

Re: Gareth Bale

If Gareth Bale leaves Spurs it will be for the continent not a British club...

if in the future Emirates Marketing Project or Man Utd come up with the dough, and he wants to go to either, he will go

See this is what happens when you have an international brak that no one gives a flying fcuk about. We all end up dragging out a topic from almost a week ago just to avoid the dull topic of England ;)

Originally Posted by a spur from swansea
i think by now some people need to get off their high horse and put their hanbags away,we know what you mean......he's a diver zzzzzzzzz, can we talk about the goal he scored against man ure for a change.

start a thread then

this is the Bale diving thread

thanks.........didn't bale score a brilliant goal against man ure,left ferdinand for dead and wasn't he unlucky against vlla in the last minute with his shot,i hope he turns over the scots on friday:p

Re: Bale's Dive Today

Or someone could make an OMT for Chelsea. I have a few things I'd like to say about those ****s.

Mate, I'm not sure if that's a serious comment

With the exception of Young's - the other 2 are exactly the same type of scenarios many have referenced in here - player running at speed for the ball while an opponent advances towards him.

He even makes a 'face' :D

dyh2yyzm.gif

Very serious, for the exact reasons I put in the post you quoted ! ;) he didn't arch his back, he didn't throw his arms up in the air, he didn't scream in pain (you say he made a face but I don't see him doing anything other than saying oooo!) and he didn't fain injury afterwards, or appeal for the foul ! So other than it was a tackle involving 2 players running for the ball I'm not sure what way it was similar?

I'm loving the outrage in this thread though, the "Bale didn't dive in this instance" camp are unfathomable ! :lol:

The thing is alot of people on here say "but he dodnt appeal". Lennon did, and Im sure 1 or 2 other Spurs players did too. Plus like I said, had he been awarded the foul he wouldnt have said a word.. No player would... Even if the keeper got sent off I very much doubt Bale would have stuck up for him and said "actually ref I was avoiding possible contact, no contact was made."
Hypothetical of course but we all know 99.9% of players would not protest a foul pr freekick given their way, knowing no foul was committed

he didn't arch his back, he didn't throw his arms up in the air, he didn't scream in pain (you say he made a face but I don't see him doing anything other than saying oooo!)

So in a synchronised diving competition he gets a score of 7/10 whereas the top ones are in the upper 9s ;)

Appreciate the time you've taken to respond and while I strongly disagree with many of the points above - perhaps any further debate on this particular topic would be largerly fruitless and contribute to an off-topic 'morality' argument, which is quite frankly boring.

May I just add (as already mentioned in a pervious response) - my suggestion was never to 'censor' opinion or limit valuable input.

Indeed mate, back to supporting Spurs!

WhoScored.com @WhoScored

Gareth Bale: Put in 18 inaccurate crosses against Aston Villa - more in a single game than any other player in the top 5 leagues this season

With just Defoe to aim for I'm sure most players would have a similarly low success rate.

Papaspur, to go with the article you linked about Spurs supporters and us having a "good guys" complex. I don't think it is unfounded. We currently sit 6th in the EPL fair play table and apart from a blip in 08/09 where we were joint 8th place, we have been one of the top 5 most sporting clubs in the league for the last half a decade.

11/12 = 2nd place
10/11 = 3rd place
09/10 = 5th place
08/09 = 8th place
07/08 = 1st place

I think it is fair to say that we generally ARE the good guys in football and that is a big part of why a lot of fans won't accept Bale's diving and we don't get entrenched in the "poor me" victim mentality.

Most of all that taco Adam. 8-[ :-"

Let's hope he doesn't get tacoted because he listened to the internet and felt he should 'man up' and not be such a 'pussy', etc, etc,etc...:-"

(just to be clear mate, a general comment, no aimed at you per se...though everyone would love a Mod-fight LOL! We could ban each other for direct rudeness!!!! :lol:)

Let's hope he doesn't get tacoted because he listened to the internet and felt he should 'man up' and not be such a 'pussy', etc, etc,etc...:-"

(just to be clear mate, a general comment, no aimed at you per se...though everyone would love a Mod-fight LOL! We could ban each other for direct rudeness!!!! :lol:)

We have our own sub-forum for that kind of stuff. :-"

Back