• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Gareth Bale

Re: Bale's Dive Today

Appreciate the time you've taken to respond and while I strongly disagree with many of the points above - perhaps any further debate on this particular topic would be largerly fruitless and contribute to an off-topic 'morality' argument, which is quite frankly boring.

May I just add (as already mentioned in a pervious response) - my suggestion was never to 'censor' opinion or limit valuable input.

Bale himself has said in a article from last August which has loads of quotes what he feels and what is happening. Whatever anyone else says, in certain circumstances he goes down to avoid contact and injury. So for me, I believe him, and not the macaronic idiots that don't (see I too can play the ball)

“I’m trying to save my career”.

“If people want to say I’m diving they can. But at the end of the day I’m trying to get out of the way and save myself and my career.

“People want to take you out and get you out of the game. I suppose you can take it as a compliment. It’s not nice but it’s to be expected.

“They think it’s the only way they can stop you. But the best players just get on with it. If they get knocked down, they just get up again until it really hurts.”

“[The criticism is] a bit annoying. But when you have got people flying in at you all the time, it’s not really diving, you’re just trying to get out of the way of the challenges if anything.”

Now he maintains he has learned to get out of the way more often.

He added: “If you stand there, you’re going to get a whack.

“Sometimes it looks like you’re diving, but when someone’s coming across, you’re just trying to get out of the way, and because they haven’t touched you it looks like you’re diving.

“It’s a difficult one. You can obviously see why people say you’re diving, but at the end of the day I would rather do what I do than get hurt.”

Gareth Bale has hit back at claims he is a serial diver insisting: “I’m trying to save my career”.

The Spurs winger has had to put up with ‘cheat’ jibes after TV replays in recent matches showed controversial penalty incidents awarded in his favour.

But Bale, who has suffered a series of punishing tackles over the past two seasons from opposition players, has defiantly answered his critics.

The Welshman, 22, said: “If people want to say I’m diving they can. But at the end of the day I’m trying to get out of the way and save myself and my career.

“But whenever a challenge comes in I am more likely to try to get out of the way and not get hurt, rather than get hurt. I tend not to dive.

“People do see us diving but at the end of the day there are certain things you can do to dive if someone doesn’t go in for a challenge.”

there you go. =D> Clear as day why Bale does what he does, straight from the horses mouth, and obviously there are mental scars there from previous times when he has been injured badly and now he would rather take evasive action by diving rather than being a man and taking a hit

his choice, he knows the consequences of being labelled a diver etc, but he doesnt care so i say let him take care of his reputation and his career however he wants

Oh well thats ok then.....

Tell me, if Bale was an Arsenal player would you accept that quote above and say "oh well fair enough". No of course not. Which takes me back to my point of making us fans look like blinkered idiots defending our own player in the same breath as slating other teams players for diving.

Of course he isnt going to say he dives. And he may be avoiding some tackles but you only have to look at some of the clips posted earlier to see that alot of the time he is diving, plain as day!

Oh the injuries . . . the horrific injuries . . . ;)

wellbeck.gif

WqQ3Q1.gif

1950265_o.gif

Tell me, if Bale was an Arsenal player would you accept that quote above and say "oh well fair enough". No of course not. Which takes me back to my point of making us fans look like blinkered idiots defending our own player in the same breath as slating other teams players for diving.

Of course he isnt going to say he dives. And he may be avoiding some tackles but you only have to look at some of the clips posted earlier to see that alot of the time he is diving, plain as day!

It's a tough one. What if Bale was going to get to the ball but can't because he has to avoid a leg-breaker? I know some of the challenges being mentioned were far more innocuous, but just as a what if?

He's clearly being disadvantaged by dangerous play that's against the rules - does there have to be contact for it to be a foul?

I fully understand the dirty bricks like Adams who are out to crock him, but the "avoiding contact" line of argument only works until he is awarded a free kick... Then its a dive because he hasdecieved the ref, simple as that

Supposed to say "I fully understand THERE ARE dirty bricks like Adams..." cant seem to edit on my the tapatalk app. Used to be able to

Arcspace those vids above are nothing like what bale did at the weekend, he didn't throw his arms up in the air, arch his back, or even scream in pain, he literally just slightly raised his left leg in expectation of a whack and fell to the ground!!

Arcspace those vids above are nothing like what bale did at the weekend, he didn't throw his arms up in the air, arch his back, or even scream in pain, he literally just slightly raised his left leg in expectation of a whack and fell to the ground!!

Mate, I'm not sure if that's a serious comment

With the exception of Young's - the other 2 are exactly the same type of scenarios many have referenced in here - player running at speed for the ball while an opponent advances towards him.

He even makes a 'face' :D

dyh2yyzm.gif

Last edited:

It's a tough one. What if Bale was going to get to the ball but can't because he has to avoid a leg-breaker? I know some of the challenges being mentioned were far more innocuous, but just as a what if?

He's clearly being disadvantaged by dangerous play that's against the rules - does there have to be contact for it to be a foul?

not at all, i remember Henry (which I do pronounce Hen-ree by the way) making a lunging block (against Bolton I think) and still getting booked even though he was no where near the player, if you force a player to take evasive action by dangerous play thats still a FK

i couldnt give a fcuk if any Arse, Chelsea, Man U, Emirates Marketing Project etc player dives, really dont give a sh!t and never have. And if they came out and said what Bale said above then fair enough, i would accept it because its a personal choice they make to dive

and read what Bale says again

“I’m trying to save my career”.

If people want to say I’m diving they can. But at the end of the day I’m trying to get out of the way and save myself and my career."

if being called a diver is the worst he has to put up with then he is perfectly happy as long as he avoids injury. Its his choice, his career, and i dont understand why us as fans have to get on his back when he knows perfectly well what he is doing and has clearly explained to us why he is doing it

not at all, i remember Henry (which I do pronounce Hen-ree by the way) making a lunging block (against Bolton I think) and still getting booked even though he was no where near the player, if you force a player to take evasive action by dangerous play thats still a FK

becomes a bit more complicated if the player tries to take evasive action before the challenge arrives though.

For the record, i think he was concerned about getting booted by the keeper this time. I don't think he doesn't dive, but i don't think this was a dive.

Partly because it's a stupid time to do it if he was trying to dive ( It's in no mans land, the keeper is not getting sent off for that, far too far out, not a goalscoring opportunity), partly because i get why he is worried about being hurt.

and if Tootenham fans want to get on his back for his diving because at Tottenham "we dont do that sort of thing", then he may as well go and join Real Madrid, Barca, Arse, Liverpool, Man Utd, Chelsea where fans dont get on the back of their players who dive around (and worse still roll around for 30 secs faking injury)

becomes a bit more complicated if the player tries to take evasive action before the challenge arrives though.

For the record, i think he was concerned about getting booted by the keeper this time. I don't think he doesn't dive, but i don't think this was a dive.

Partly because it's a stupid time to do it if he was trying to dive ( It's in no mans land, the keeper is not getting sent off for that, far too far out, not a goalscoring opportunity), partly because i get why he is worried about being hurt.

but he does and he has admitted it, and given the reasons why he does dive

i think by now some people need to get off their high horse and put their handbags away,we know what you mean......he's a diver zzzzzzzzz:yawn:, can we talk about the goal he scored against man ure for a change.

“It’s a difficult one. You can obviously see why people say you’re diving, but at the end of the day I would rather do what I do than get hurt.”

Bale accepts it looks like diving but still will carry on doing it.

i think by now some people need to get off their high horse and put their hanbags away,we know what you mean......he's a diver zzzzzzzzz:yawn:, can we talk about the goal he scored against man ure for a change.

start a thread then:)

this is the Bale diving thread

Back