• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Gareth Bale

Re: Gareth Bale

sell him....100 mill for a footballer??? a footballer who no longer wants to play for Spurs??? get rid and lets move on

we are just part of the food chain....bigger clubs will exploit us and we will exploit smaller clubs than us

are we already spending the Bale money??? 50 mill so far....

Sorry but why is everyone panicking so much? i mean maybe he will eventually go but what part of this new story that has come out has made people think is true?

86m though...if that's legit then i really doubt Levy will reject the bid.

What would be hilarious is if Southampton have a sell-on clause for 20-30%.

Not.

That was probably part of the original transfer agreement, but Spurs made an early payment of an extra GBP 2.5 million on top of Bale's GBP 5 million transfer fee.

We don't owe anything to Southampton, regardless of how much we sell Bale for in the future.

not a single direct quote anywhere

I don't think there is anything new, just the Sunday rags having nothing better to put on the back page

not a single direct quote anywhere

I don't think there is anything new, just the Sunday rags having nothing better to put on the back page

My mind is a real rollercoaster on this.
One minute i think there is nothing to it, just paper talk, started by Marca and then the english tabloids running with it.
Next minute i think no smoke without fire and the refusal of AVB/Spurs to dismiss it is worrying.

two weeks ago i was dead against the idea of Bale leaving, but the more i think about it, if we get +80m, then it might be too much to refuse.
He is unquestionably a great, great player, but four teams finished above us last season without him!
If we get 80m and invest the majority in 4 decent players, i think on balance we'd be better off.

Worst scenario would be selling him on 28th August and then not having time to bring in any new players.

Most of us were resigned to him leaving fun 12 months time for something around £50m. So if the deal is instead £80m but to go now, is it worth the extra money to go early?

SSN just did a "headlines today" feature, and did not mention Bale once.
Rooney, Fabregas, Farah.... no Bale talk, even in the Sun. So much for "hottest story of the summer"...

I still think (and hope) that Bale will stay for one more season but whether he thinks/ said that depends on what Real said to him really.

Appaently Bayern said to Goetze last season this is your one chance. You join us this summer or we never come in for you again. And he joined. He left the club that had raised him, the manager that had raised him, to go to their direct title rivals.

If a club like Real Madrid say something like that to a player (I'm just speculating here of course), what else can he really think or say?

Regardless of what has happened, I'm still at a bit of a loss as to exactly what we're getting out of this 'special relationship'? Two seasons in a row they've spent the whole summer unsettling our best player? I don't know about other people but very few of my relationships revolve around the other person trying to undermine me at every turn....

No point getting too worked up about it though. At the beginning of the summer, Bale was on the verge of a new contract. Then on the verge of being sold. Then negotiations for a new contract again. The asking to leave etc etc. All guesses. We'll have to brace ourselves and see.

I'd be saying "Don't get above yourself love, I'll just go to Barca instead, now toddle off, you need me more than I need you". :)

Most of us were resigned to him leaving fun 12 months time for something around £50m. So if the deal is instead £80m but to go now, is it worth the extra money to go early?

anything over 80 mill is amazing money, i think Levy can easily get 100 mill because Real are desperate for a signing like this

100 mill pounds for a footballer???:lol:.....take it!!

anything over 80 mill is amazing money, i think Levy can easily get 100 mill because Real are desperate for a signing like this

100 mill pounds for a footballer???:lol:.....take it!!

If the rumours are correct Real can't afford it and still owe us money from the sale of Modric. You can sell him for £200m but it doesn't mean anything if you don't get your hands on the money.

It's quite obviously not Bale's 'one chance' though. If he's as good as they think, then Real Madrid would want him next season as well.

The last few pages have been hilarious though.

If the rumours are correct Real can't afford it and still owe us money from the sale of Modric. You can sell him for £200m but it doesn't mean anything if you don't get your hands on the money.

Real can afford it :lol: they just pay in installments like everyone else

Why doesn't Levy come out and say we're still waiting for the Modric money?

If they offer £100m it would be hard for Levy to refuse it. The thing is it would be amazing to gave both Soldardo and Bale in the same team. Even though if we had the money there there is still a certain tier of player that would not come to Spurs because we are not in the CL. On the other hand if we made CL this season we could bring in real quality next season

Real can afford it :lol: they just pay in installments like everyone else

Nah - fudge installments. I think if Levy were to sell he would demand all the money up front or at least the 90% of it with the remaining 10% no doubt made up in conditions etc.

Back