• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Gareth Bale

Re: Gareth Bale

And it would be the end to all this nauseating speculation. Great players want to win, and while losing Bale is a downer, replacing them with real quality in four/five key areas would be immense. No more unbalanced, one-man team.

where do I sign up for this team lol im sold !!

It's probably flimflam, but I'd snap their hands off for 50 million plus DiMaria + Coentrao. Get Soldado in and maybe one more (Bernard?), and our team is the best its ever been, IMO.

-------Lloris---------
Walker-Vert-Kab-FC
-Paul----Sandro-----
------Moussa---------
DiMaria-Soldado-Lennon

Bench: Defoe, Holtby, Chadli, Bernard, Dempsey, Dembele, Friedel, Ade.

That side would challenge for the title.

I don't think it would.

It's not a great front 3, imo. Di Maria has never managed double figures in league goals for Madrid (his highest tally is 7), Lennon doesn't score many either. So basically, we'd have one goal scorer in the side (Soldado) and a better left-back, with no genuine, world-class match-winner.

I'd rather we just signed Soldado, kept Bale, and had 2 players in the forward line who are capable of getting 15-20 league goals each, with one of them an absolute superstar who can make the difference in games that we don't deserve to win.

I still think (and hope) that Bale will stay for one more season but whether he thinks/ said that depends on what Real said to him really.

Appaently Bayern said to Goetze last season this is your one chance. You join us this summer or we never come in for you again. And he joined. He left the club that had raised him, the manager that had raised him, to go to their direct title rivals.

If a club like Real Madrid say something like that to a player (I'm just speculating here of course), what else can he really think or say?

Regardless of what has happened, I'm still at a bit of a loss as to exactly what we're getting out of this 'special relationship'? Two seasons in a row they've spent the whole summer unsettling our best player? I don't know about other people but very few of my relationships revolve around the other person trying to undermine me at every turn....

No point getting too worked up about it though. At the beginning of the summer, Bale was on the verge of a new contract. Then on the verge of being sold. Then negotiations for a new contract again. The asking to leave etc etc. All guesses. We'll have to brace ourselves and see.

A very inciteful post. Madrid are rolling out the filthiest of machines here...

That actually concerns me. We've been trying to tie him to a new contract for a while now, and it's still not done.

Two words...Jonathan Barnet. And yes, it's a concern for sure...his head has been getting turned all summer, but something (Ancelotti? Threats of no move possibility again?) suggest it hasn't come back around.

It's an utterly ridiculous rumor, but hey, I'll bite. Been bored for a while. First off, Di Maria is not worth 25 million and Coentrao is not worth 19 million. I'd peg the two at 20 and 12 respectively, which means Madrid need to offer us 63 million plus the two to get anywhere close to an acceptable 'fee'. I'd throw in an extra two million pounds just for Marca and Zidane's disgusting antics, to bring it up t oa round 65 million + Di Maria + Coentrao. Secondly , since we can't afford their wages, I wouldn't be surprised to see Levy ask for wage contributions for the two as well, similar to the Ade deal. Thirdly, if they're still desperate enough to offer us that, they'll have to offer Bale his reported 50 million pound wage over five/six years.

All that could well add up to a 175 million pound outlay for Bale all told. IF they offer us that, we'll talk. That is what we should communicate to Madrid, Bale, and all other interested fudging parties.

There, discussion on ridiculous rumor over.

If it was my money I'd take the deal. That sort of money is massive overs for a player who is still a notch or two below Messi. What would he be worth then?

But it ain't my money so I say screw 'em.

I hate to say it. But the Gooners always got better after selling their marquee players. They re-invested in more quality players to take the level of the whole team up a notch. If we signed Bernard, Di Maria, Contrao, Soldado and lets one other striker we would have a very strong side indeed. Maybe they would even give us back Modders ;)

Really? They've never recovered from selling Vieira in my opinion.

It's an utterly ridiculous rumor, but hey, I'll bite. Been bored for a while. First off, Di Maria is not worth 25 million and Coentrao is not worth 19 million. I'd peg the two at 20 and 12 respectively, which means Madrid need to offer us 63 million plus the two to get anywhere close to an acceptable 'fee'. I'd throw in an extra two million pounds just for Marca and Zidane's disgusting antics, to bring it up t oa round 65 million + Di Maria + Coentrao. Secondly , since we can't afford their wages, I wouldn't be surprised to see Levy ask for wage contributions for the two as well, similar to the Ade deal. Thirdly, if they're still desperate enough to offer us that, they'll have to offer Bale his reported 50 million pound wage over five/six years.

All that could well add up to a 175 million pound outlay for Bale all told. IF they offer us that, we'll talk. That is what we should communicate to Madrid, Bale, and all other interested fudging parties.

There, discussion on ridiculous rumor over.

I read today, that Madrid paid £28M for him 2yrs ago so they will probably still expect a high price for him.

I read today, that Madrid paid £28M for him 2yrs ago so they will probably still expect a high price for him.

Madrid don't have any spare cash lying around, according to this bloke:

http://www.talksport.co.uk/radio/tr...drid-cannot-currently-afford-buy-bale-202546?

....so they're trying to hawk Di Maria and Coentrao to anyone that will buy them in order to free up cash for Bale. Now, according to that ridiculous rumor by the Sun or whoever, they're offering both Di Maria and Coentrao to us. But since they don't have the money to pay us up front anyway (according to that Jenson bloke), they don't get to decide what those players are worth anymore. We do. And if we say they're worth 32 million combined, Madrid don't really have a choice beyond chuckling through gritted teeth and upping their offer to reflect our (naturally reduced) valuation of the two.

They could try to sell them off on the open market of course, but no one will go for Coentrao for 19 million pounds, save for maybe Chelsea and Benfica, the only two apparently 'genuinely' interested parties. Benfica don't have the money, and Chelsea, while they do have the cash, are unlikely to spend that much on him given that they've already got Cole and Bertrand, plus a credited interest in Chelsea fan Luke Shaw. So, in regards to Coentrao, RM's apparent desperation to sell means it's very much a buyer's market. The same goes for Di Maria: not much interest in him, and he apparently isn't even all that interested in leaving, which when combined with Madrid's eagerness to sell again makes it a buyer's market.

Either way, we hold the cards in this (completely imaginary, imo) apparent transfer scenario.

What would be hilarious is if Southampton have a sell-on clause for 20-30%.

Not.

They did have initially.
5m fee plus 5m add ons plus 25% sell on clause.
But Southampton were in a financial mess the year after so Levy offered them 3m upfront to buy back the 25% sell on and the 5m add ons and they accepted.

What would be hilarious is if Southampton have a sell-on clause for 20-30%.

Not.

We could pull the trick Porto pulled with Moutinho and Rodriguez. You know, 1 million for one and 59 million for the other, just to get around the sell-on clause on one of them. We could do the same with Madrid. Double deal, 1 million for Bale and 84 million pounds for Jon Obika.

Madrid don't have any spare cash lying around, according to this bloke:

http://www.talksport.co.uk/radio/tr...drid-cannot-currently-afford-buy-bale-202546?

....so they're trying to hawk Di Maria and Coentrao to anyone that will buy them in order to free up cash for Bale. Now, according to that ridiculous rumor by the Sun or whoever, they're offering both Di Maria and Coentrao to us. But since they don't have the money to pay us up front anyway (according to that Jenson bloke), they don't get to decide what those players are worth anymore. We do. And if we say they're worth 32 million combined, Madrid don't really have a choice beyond chuckling through gritted teeth and upping their offer to reflect our (naturally reduced) valuation of the two.

They could try to sell them off on the open market of course, but no one will go for Coentrao for 19 million pounds, save for maybe Chelsea and Benfica, the only two apparently 'genuinely' interested parties. Benfica don't have the money, and Chelsea, while they do have the cash, are unlikely to spend that much on him given that they've already got Cole and Bertrand, plus a credited interest in Chelsea fan Luke Shaw. So, in regards to Coentrao, RM's apparent desperation to sell means it's very much a buyer's market. The same goes for Di Maria: not much interest in him, and he apparently isn't even all that interested in leaving, which when combined with Madrid's eagerness to sell again makes it a buyer's market.

Either way, we hold the cards in this (completely imaginary, imo) apparent transfer scenario.

Transfers aren't paid upfront usually.

Transfers aren't paid upfront usually.

I think we'd prefer if this one was. We do need to spend quickly on a replacement, to convince the players we haven't completely abandoned our ambition and settled ourselves comfortably into a nice muddy hole of mediocrity again, so we'll probably be active in the market. The problem is, it's close to the beginning of August, and a lot of clubs are now going to be in the same bind as us should we move in for their best/outstanding player: not much time to find a replacement. They'll be looking for cash up front that they can quickly recycle into another deal to replace the player that left, meaning we'll have to pay it. See Dembele for an example of this. So we'll need the money up front from Madrid to enable us to do so.

The time for quiet, sensible payments structured over a reasonable amount of time is gone now, I think. August isn't the time for that.

Wouldn't it be refreshing if Bale came out and said that with the way RM have treated the club he's currently employed by he wouldn't want to go there.

Wouldn't it be refreshing if Bale came out and said that with the way RM have treated the club he's currently employed by he wouldn't want to go there.

cant help but feel RM and Agent most have spoken before all this kicked off, as I doubt they would want to upset Bale putting him off going there

If we are going to sell Bale, would prefer us to get cash alone. Don't like the cash plus player deals. Don't think any players from Real would like to sacrifice themselves just to help them get Bale. Even if they are forced to join us, don't think they will give their best at Spurs.

If we are going to sell Bale, would prefer us to get cash alone. Don't like the cash plus player deals. Don't think any players from Real would like to sacrifice themselves just to help them get Bale. Even if they are forced to join us, don't think they will give their best at Spurs.

I think that the condition for any player swap deal is that the player wants to go the other way too. That's why it seldom comes off.

Back