• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Gareth Bale

Re: Gareth Bale

Nah - fudge installments. I think if Levy were to sell he would demand all the money up front or at least the 90% of it with the remaining 10% no doubt made up in conditions etc.

absolutely, we need the cash to spend elsewhere, doesn't help us if the clubs we try to buy from demand cash up front, which they would knowing we were minted

The biggest concern for me is even if he were to be sold for around £85 mil (anything above wishful thinking IMO) do we really expect to see that amount in the next 12 months in transfers? I don't remember Man U splashing the Ronaldo cash when it came. Yes they'd just been taken over in a leveraged buyout with numerous complex loan deals, but Spurs are hardly known for big spending and expect a lot would be squirreled away for Stadium funds and to cover the hit on players who haven't worked out. Also, with clubs knowing we've been on the receiving end of a windfall, surely we'll struggle to get the bargains Levy has been so intent on sniffing out. Were we to go back to Internacional for Leandro after a Bale sale, would we really expect to get a reasonable price? I almost start to sympathize with Liverpool and the £35 Carroll transfer (almost)

absolutely, we need the cash to spend elsewhere, doesn't help us if the clubs we try to buy from demand cash up front, which they would knowing we were minted

Also arent RM struggling to pay the Modric transfer? so ive heard.

hardly anyone demands all the cash up front or pays up front

Nah - fudge installments. I think if Levy were to sell he would demand all the money up front or at least the 90% of it with the remaining 10% no doubt made up in conditions etc.

:lol: yeah right

SSN just did a "headlines today" feature, and did not mention Bale once.
Rooney, Fabregas, Farah.... no Bale talk, even in the Sun. So much for "hottest story of the summer"...

Lol they just did a review of what all the papers are saying about bale... £100m, money plus Di Maria and Coentrao, £51m.

Basically its all gonad*s and they just keep guessing to sell papers. SSN were so desperate for any kind of news on the matter that they showed a video of AVB refusing to talk about Bale and the press officer consequently ending the press conference. Everyone is making a massive meal out of this...

Greg Stobart on Bale this morning in a couple of tweets: (https://twitter.com/gstobart)

(As of last night Soldado to #THFC not done but getting v close.) People at the club starting to worry big time about Bale now too

He was then asked who are getting worried, the players or directors etc?

Directors but we'll see how strong DL is. He's always said would take an insane, world record offer

Levy says it would take a ridiculous offer to sell Bale this summer and still insists player not for sale. Bale wants to go to RM though

Personally, I think we've seen this before and Bale will stay but up to Levy and Joe Lewis as feeling is RM will offer more than £90m

He's happy to stay and not doing a Modric/Berbatov...but he does want to go to Real Madrid

I would hazard a guess that theyre not as rich as we think. I bet Utd are richer. RM are great at IOUs - ever seen Dumb and Dumber? thats who we are dealing with.

They regularly top the richest clubs lists based on turnover.

They have 3 of the top 5 most expensive signings ever in Ronaldo, Kaka and Zidane.

Other clubs might have fewer IOUs (as you call them) outstanding, some clubs probably have less debt too I'm not sure. But no question about it Real has access to money and they know how to spend it.

They regularly top the richest clubs lists based on turnover.

They have 3 of the top 5 most expensive signings ever in Ronaldo, Kaka and Zidane.

Other clubs might have fewer IOUs (as you call them) outstanding, some clubs probably have less debt too I'm not sure. But no question about it Real has access to money and they know how to spend it.

Turnover really doesn't mean very much at all.

You could have an amazing turnover selling 20 pound notes for a tenner but unless you had very deep pockets, your business wouldn't last very long.

The proper way to value a club (or any other business) is profits.

That was probably part of the original transfer agreement, but Spurs made an early payment of an extra GBP 2.5 million on top of Bale's GBP 5 million transfer fee.

We don't owe anything to Southampton, regardless of how much we sell Bale for in the future.

:ross: i know and i think its one of the best things about all this, i bloody hate southampton what a dump even bigger then portsmouth if that is possible.

Am I alone in thinking we could become a better balanced side with or without Gareth next season.

He certainly dug us out of some holes last year but with the right additions we could create and convert at least one more opportunity per game. Who knows perhaps Chadli and Paulinho will fulfill this possibility but we are of course seeking further additions.

Having Gareth in the ranks is our good fortune, but then so would having an attacking force that holds the ball up, knits play together and amps up the possession and patient footballing platform AVB wishes to instill.

It's all about the team not the individual. We were what 20 points off united last year, and they didn't have Bale.

has any club complained about Real missing a payment on a player theyve signed? :lol:

Turnover really doesn't mean very much at all.

You could have an amazing turnover selling 20 pound notes for a tenner but unless you had very deep pockets, your business wouldn't last very long.

The proper way to value a club (or any other business) is profits.

I get what you're saying, but those numbers aren't really available to us as far as I know.

Real aren't doing anything that can be compared with selling 20 pound notes for a tenner. Their expenses will be similar to the expenses of other massive football clubs.

They actually broke even last year, and with Napoli buying up half their squad, they've only really spent a few million this summer. Is it a coincidence that Spain has been suffering deeply from the economy crisis? Do they honestly have the capability to scrape together that kind of sum in today's market?

Back