• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Gareth Bale

Re: Gareth Bale

Again, logic must prevail.

Bale and Ronaldo in the same side simply would not work in practice. Both look for the same spaces, both like to make the same moves...plus if Bale goes in a year or so, he will go wanting to know he is going to be given every chance to succeed on the pitch at RM. I frankly cannot see any advantage to him as a footballer going there this season. Fortunately I think he knows that too.

He has become a global superstar with Tottenham Hotspur. Modric became a star at Spurs too, and look what happened to him. These factors have already been calculated by all. Barnet is doing what agents do and pushing for dosh. It's all fine!

exactly, I read the pretty much full quotes (not the headline quotes sky sports and bbc picked) in the standard today and he sounded like he was working for Spurs as much as he was Bale.

Said bale is flattered to be considered by them and that he'd talk to them given the chance (sky sports and bbc soundbites), but then went on to say how he's better than Neymar and he should be valued at more than Neymar.

Basically fighting the player and Spurs corner ! Don't see too much wrong with what he said, I imagine it was a reply to a direct question by jouranlists praying he goes to Madrid or anywhere, not a press release made by the agent off his own back.

Real Madrid is publicly trying to influence Bale to sign for them. How come Levy is quiet on this ? In the past, we have reported other clubs for talking openly about signing our players. I remember we made official complain about Liverpool when they tried to influence Keane. We should report Real Madrid to UEFA if they continue to do this.

Real Madrid is publicly trying to influence Bale to sign for them. How come Levy is quiet on this ? In the past, we have reported other clubs for talking openly about signing our players. I remember we made official complain about Liverpool when they tried to influence Keane. We should report Real Madrid to UEFA if they continue to do
this.

And what are UEFA going to do, give them a £487 fine?

And what are UEFA going to do, give them a £487 fine?

Who cares as long as we show everyone we will fight all the way to keep our best players.:lol:
But we still don't know whether we can trust Levy fully. He complained about Liverpool, then sold them Keane and withdrew the complain after Liverpool donated to charity in Tottenham. Levy does seems like a fighter who will give in if the right price is offered.

For this year the ball is in Spurs' court. It's our decision whether we accept or not. If so then do it early. But I really hope he stays

I know people seem to think Bales value wont drop but IT WILL.

Think about it - next season Bale wants to leave with two years remaining on his contract. RM offer 35m so we can either hold out for more or get rid as we cant hold onto him for the following season and only get say 20m.

As far as im concerned we will get 70m this summer and maybe 35-40 next summer. Would Levy take a 20-30m hit? I certainly wouldnt.

Think about it - next season Bale wants to leave with two years remaining on his contract. RM offer 35m so we can either hold out for more or get rid as we cant hold onto him for the following season and only get say 20m.

As far as im concerned we will get 70m this summer and maybe 35-40 next summer. Would Levy take a 20-30m hit? I certainly wouldnt.

But if he stays and we get CL we get that 30m back easily...

Add to that he will attract players, tv, sponsors...

Bale will be worth as much next summer as he will this - Real won't be the only team interested, which will keep his price up. And if he does stay - there will be a new contract which will reset his contract back to 3 years minimum next summer anyway

When Bale leaves, be that this summer, next or in 3 years time it will be for a world record transfer fee, make no mistake ;)

But if he stays and we get CL we get that 30m back easily...

Add to that he will attract players, tv, sponsors...

See yeah - thats the risk though isnt it IF we get CL. We may not have enough money (without selling Bale) in order to get those two or three quality players that may propel us into top four.

I dont think Levy is a risk taker and thats why my mind is swaying towards Bale being sold (then again I dont think we will sell).

ps - youre also assuming that Bale will want to stay, and sign a contract, next season if we get CL. In reality no one knows anything except the interested parties i.e. Bale, AVB, Levy et al

What if Bale's contribution is the difference which gets us CL for two consecutive seasons? Also consider the extra commercial revenues he brings in. He's currently single-handedly raising the profile of the club, particular in overseas markets where they obsess over star players. Levy needs to look at the bigger picture for a player of Bale's quality.

Bale will be worth as much bext summer as he will this - Real won't be the only team interested, which will keep his price up. And if he does stay - there will be a new contract which will reset his contract back to 3 years minimum next summer anyway

There will be a new contract but will Bale sign it? if he does - then yeah no problem, he may even be worth more next summer with three years remaining, another stonking season and a top quality striker to play with (making him even more effective).

On the flip side he doesnt sign - next summer he will want to leave, those ****s in madrid will play on that. Levy will have to accept 30-40m or risk having a player not signing a contract and having one year after that.

I guess im being prudent and thinking best and worst case scenarios.

What if Bale's contribution is the difference which gets us CL for two consecutive seasons? Also consider the extra commercial revenues he brings in. He's currently single-handedly raising the profile of the club, particular in overseas markets where they obsess over star players. Levy needs to look at the bigger picture for a player of Bale's quality.

70m is guaranteed, what if's are not. Thats the thing. Like I say - I dont think Levy is a risk taker - so the what if would go against the risk profile he has of Spurs. Thats my viewpoint though. I dont know.

You're a pessimist looking at the worst case scenario - every team in the world with money available will want him when he is available next summer (assuming he is) = bidding war.

If he commits himself to staying this summer why would he not sign a new contract and raise his wages by 50% (?)

Ok Gareth Bale is a grade a* player.

what we know is that madrid will come in hard before president elections......Bayern want him also along with epl clubs who can afford it
and french teams namely psg....

I dont think bale's value will drop if anything he will sign again with us (assuming we get 1 more season) and this will be with a clause to leave at a certain fee.

realistically i dont think we will be able to resist the pressure - if bale hints he wants to leave he should go with our blessing and then its a case of getting the financial best for spurs.

Last season was the greatest contribution by a spurs player that I can ever remember in my lifetime.........We have some player.

for now.....

always so close but we have to sell our best before the jigsaw comes together.

Ok Gareth Bale is a grade a* player.

what we know is that madrid will come in hard before president elections......Bayern want him also along with epl clubs who can afford it
and french teams namely psg....

I dont think bale's value will drop if anything he will sign again with us (assuming we get 1 more season) and this will be with a clause to leave at a certain fee.

realistically i dont think we will be able to resist the pressure - if bale hints he wants to leave he should go with our blessing and then its a case of getting the financial best for spurs.

Last season was the greatest contribution by a spurs player that I can ever remember in my lifetime.........We have some player.

for now.....

always so close but we have to sell our best before the jigsaw comes together.

i'm starting to get the feeling you enjoy dispelling gloom around here and i am not entirely sure why

things are not that bad. WE are in the drivers seat, WE have a good young squad that will only get better with chemistry, WE have a great coach, WE have a good negotiator

there is so much stuff going for us right now. and in the possibility we do sell bale we will get top market share value for the kid. which we could use sensibly on 2 or 3 very good players to offset the loss of one great one

You're a pessimist looking at the worst case scenario - every team in the world with money available will want him when he is available next summer (assuming he is) = bidding war.

If he commits himself to staying this summer why would he not sign a new contract and raise his wages by 50% (?)

Hardly a pessimist viewpoint saying that I think he will stay this season.

We are all on here talking as if we really know what's going on - how do we know he isn't already on 100k? He was very very good prior to this season. Assuming he isn't then yeah you have a point but he could also be thinking if RM get me for 40m and not 70m then ill get that lost wages back anyways. I'm sure Bale could survive on his few thousand a week he is getting right now.

As for the bidding war - you have a point but what stops a bidding war this summer? Just because a player is on a contract doesn't mean that a bidding war cannot commence.

Also Bale I'mpresuming would rather go to RM than say PSG or Bayern.

i'm starting to get the feeling you enjoy dispelling gloom around here and i am not entirely sure why

things are not that bad. WE are in the drivers seat, WE have a good young squad that will only get better with chemistry, WE have a great coach, WE have a good negotiator

there is so much stuff going for us right now. and in the possibility we do sell bale we will get top market share value for the kid. which we could use sensibly on 2 or 3 very good players to offset the loss of one great one

appologies..

spurs are so close to my heart but i guess its my way of coming to terms with something that when it happens will make me feel gutted.

I would like us as a club to push on every year with avb at the helm.

I dont want to spread gloom.... so I will ease up but I have tried to give my honest opinion about the situation and be realistic.

what do you want me to say 'that everything is rosy in the garden'?

I fear for us if bale leaves........more so i fear that most of the money goes to new stadium and we go backwards....

I dont want us to go backwards......I want us to hold onto Bale and attract more star players.

thc Steff is one of my fave posters as he is so positive but yes at the moment im hurting........im not even content with us finishing 4th.....I would like us to be the best we can be and I worry we wont be.

reasure me if you like.....perhaps I need it.

I would rather have Bale than 70-80 mil..........money in spurs coffers doesnt give me the same pleasure as watching bale for spurs does.

Thing which is sad is that if Bale leaves and we get 70m, personally I think we'll get 60 max, it won't be that useful for us because we will still have the wage structure that stops us getting the top, top talent. We did well with Lloris and Verts but it makes success in the transfer market harder with the wage cap.

Back