• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Gareth Bale

Re: Gareth Bale

and whats all this "summer clearout to keep Bale" nonsense?? if it is going to take so much just to give Bale a pay rise then we can forget about any top signings coming in. Where will the money come from to pay them???:-k

Gareth Bale is once again front and centre in the Spanish press and it is looking increasingly likely that Real Madrid may have to go a lot further to get anywhere near Tottenham’s hottest player.

Spanish radio station Cadena Ser reported on Thursday night that Tottenham chairman Daniel Levy rates Gareth Bale’s current value in the transfer market as at least 200 million euros (171 million pounds).

Whilst Real Madrid appear desperate to sign Bale to counter Barcelona’s signing of Neymar, Cadena Ser tip Levy to hold on to Tottenham’s star man this summer.

Meanwhile, the lead story in Marca today suggests the only way Gareth Bale will leave Spurs this summer is by handing in a transfer request.

With three years left on his contract at Tottenham, Bale will need to force through a move if he wants to join Real Madrid according to the Spanish daily.

They suggest that Bale does want to head to the Bernabeu to play with Cristiano Ronaldo and former Spurs team mate Luka Modric.

If this is true, the Welsh forward would need to hand in a written transfer request, but Marca point out that Bale “is a quiet boy who is unlikely to put force or pressure, like Luka Modric last summer.”

:lol: =D>

Nice to hear Robbie Keane encouraging Gareth to stay. Keano does clearly still love us.

£80m is crazy money all the same if we do get offered that for Bale. I'd certainly be tempted. ONLY if we were shrewd with our business though.

Figo sticking his pipe in now......

Luis Figo has fuelled speculation that Gareth Bale could be set for a big-money transfer to Real Madrid this summer by claiming the Tottenham winger would “fit in perfectly” at the Bernabéu.

Bale’s future has been the subject of relentless speculation following a stellar campaign for Spurs which saw the 23-year-old net 21 Premier League goals and win both PFA player of the year awards.
Real Madrid are widely believed to be the front-runners to sign the Wales international should he quit White Hart Lane this summer.
And Figo, who spent five seasons at Real Madrid between 2000 and 2005, believes the winger would be perfectly suited to Los Blancos.
“Everyone is talking about him. He has some impressive qualities,” said Figo.
“We would have to wait and see how well he adapts to the Spanish league after playing in England but he is used to competing at the highest level.
“I think that he will fit in perfectly at Real Madrid.”

just waiting for Di Stefano to invite Bale to Madrid

maybe Madrid can make a seance and get an opinion from Puskas too

surprised that Danny boy hasnt come out with a "Bale is staying so fcuk off" statement

The Boy Bale is a once in a generation player. Spurs must keep him at the Lane. The thought of next season without him at the Lane makes me feel like vomiting. The boy Levy must tell everyone that Bales not for sale at any price and to fudge off!!!!!!!

Do you know what, I have a sneaky feeling the stipulation in Bale's contract that we all assume will be added should Bale sign an extension this summer ( levy will allow Bale to leave should we fail to qualify for a champions league and a big foreign club come in for him) was already agreed on and added last summer when he signed his extension. That's why I feel we're being silent.

Do you know what, I have a sneaky feeling the stipulation in Bale's contract that we all assume will be added should Bale sign an extension this summer ( levy will allow Bale to leave should we fail to qualify for a champions league and a big foreign club come in for him) was already agreed on and added last summer when he signed his extension. That's why I feel we're being silent.

you may be right.

perhaps the silence is a very good tactic......it doesnt paint madrid in a good light. they are shameful the way they behave but I do believe as I have said that the pressure will only continue to crank up from real madrid coming to a head around the president election time.

However I do think if that stipulation was there then madrid would not be behaving as they have. there is no agreement in place I think hence madrids behaviour.......

legends of club acknowledge he would be good for them

current president of madrid in born to play for them comments.

club owned radio speaking to players agent.

All of this with the specific intention of unsettling Gareth..........they want him to hand in a transf request to tip the odds more in their favour with negotiations......

what all this tells me there is no agreement in place and that Madrid are in the 'first stages' of unsettling our player.

isnt it wonderful this partnership for us......its not exactly stopping them acting like cretins concerning our best player.

Nice to hear Robbie Keane encouraging Gareth to stay. Keano does clearly still love us.

£80m is crazy money all the same if we do get offered that for Bale. I'd certainly be tempted. ONLY if we were shrewd with our business though.

Boyhood club don't you know?

id like Alan Mullery to do a live interview on SSN outside WHL where he says that Ronaldo was born to play for Tottenham......and then Mickey Hazard pulls up in his cab and says he will be honoured personally drive Özil into Spurs training everday

id like Alan Mullery to do a live interview on SSN outside WHL where he says that Ronaldo was born to play for Tottenham......and then Mickey Hazard pulls up in his cab and says he will be honoured personally drive Özil into Spurs training everday

I would like david ginola to do a large smelly physical poo all over florentino perez's toadlike face.

Gareth Bale is once again front and centre in the Spanish press and it is looking increasingly likely that Real Madrid may have to go a lot further to get anywhere near Tottenham’s hottest player.

Spanish radio station Cadena Ser reported on Thursday night that Tottenham chairman Daniel Levy rates Gareth Bale’s current value in the transfer market as at least 200 million euros (171 million pounds).

Whilst Real Madrid appear desperate to sign Bale to counter Barcelona’s signing of Neymar, Cadena Ser tip Levy to hold on to Tottenham’s star man this summer.

Meanwhile, the lead story in Marca today suggests the only way Gareth Bale will leave Spurs this summer is by handing in a transfer request.

With three years left on his contract at Tottenham, Bale will need to force through a move if he wants to join Real Madrid according to the Spanish daily.

They suggest that Bale does want to head to the Bernabeu to play with Cristiano Ronaldo and former Spurs team mate Luka Modric.

If this is true, the Welsh forward would need to hand in a written transfer request, but Marca point out that Bale “is a quiet boy who is unlikely to put force or pressure, like Luka Modric last summer.”

:lol: =D>

Now we're talking. €171mil would pay for most of the stadium. I'd take it.

Nope. Messi still hit 60+ goals this season. Still people outside of Spurs fans that would tell you that Bale isn't the "3rd best player in the world" either.

Yep. Bale is still below Falcao IMO too. NO PLAYER is up there with Messi and Ronaldo, until they start scoring a goal a game in multiple seasons.

Yep. Bale is still below Falcao IMO too. NO PLAYER is up there with Messi and Ronaldo, until they start scoring a goal a game in multiple seasons.

As well as dragging us to titles/cups. Bale isn't even on the level of Ronaldo when he was at Man Utd and he's much better nowadays. Ronaldo would score screamers, braces, penalties, free kicks, tap ins.. I can't even rememeber the last tap in Bale scored for us, I imagine he'd be our penalty taker but we haven't had one this year.

Yes but in my opinion they play with MUCH better players in far superior teams to us. This is why I dont blame Bale wanting to go to the likes of RM. He will be playing with better players thus making him FAR more effective and actually becoming one of the best three players in the world alongside those two.

Some may think going to RM may not be to his advantage but we can never be so sure.

As well as dragging us to titles/cups. Bale isn't even on the level of Ronaldo when he was at Man Utd and he's much better nowadays. Ronaldo would score screamers, braces, penalties, free kicks, tap ins.. I can't even rememeber the last tap in Bale scored for us, I imagine he'd be our penalty taker but we haven't had one this year.

you have to remember that Ronaldo was playing for an excellent Utd side, was managed by Ferguson, all these make a huge difference. Put Bale into that set up and he would score 30 plus a season, with a huge variety of goals too

Back