• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Gareth Bale

Re: Gareth Bale

O/T but I'm surprised that Clive Allen didn't win it in 87, not saying Gary Mabbutt was brick or anything because he wasn't but Clive had a spectacular season.

I think there's a lot of feeling and sentiment in these awards and personality also comes into to it. Remember Dawson winning it in 2009/10 and Lennon one year too when there were players who were as good as them those seasons but weren't as long serving. Mabbutt's has one of the best personalities of any Spurs player I can remember and his personal story was very affecting too.

Real Madrid is publicly trying to influence Bale to sign for them. How come Levy is quiet on this ? In the past, we have reported other clubs for talking openly about signing our players. I remember we made official complain about Liverpool when they tried to influence Keane. We should report Real Madrid to UEFA if they continue to do this.

No European rules against this tapping up is an fa rule.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Fapatalk 2

Two points;

Anyone else think given Messi's 'quiet' year and Ronaldo's 'average' season, Bale has a realistic shot at winning the next Ballon D'Or award?

The rest of our team attacking wise needs to step up in a big way. Dembele, Ade, Lennon and Defoe all under-performed last season and let Bale carry us. IF those players improve I genuinely believe with good investment (of the best part of 70m) in a replacement and a striker we can still compete for a top four place. Defensively our team is in good shape especially once Sandro returns, we just need to sort out attacking ability.

Two points;

Anyone else think given Messi's 'quiet' year and Ronaldo's 'average' season, Bale has a realistic shot at winning the next Ballon D'Or award?

The rest of our team attacking wise needs to step up in a big way. Dembele, Ade, Lennon and Defoe all under-performed last season and let Bale carry us. IF those players improve I genuinely believe with good investment (of the best part of 70m) in a replacement and a striker we can still compete for a top four place. Defensively our team is in good shape especially once Sandro returns, we just need to sort out attacking ability.

Nope. Messi still hit 60+ goals this season. Still people outside of Spurs fans that would tell you that Bale isn't the "3rd best player in the world" either.

No European rules against this tapping up is an fa rule.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Fapatalk 2

Surely, that cannot be true. If there are no rules against this tapping up, all the big clubs will be able to steal quality players from small clubs easily.

Nope. Messi still hit 60+ goals this season. Still people outside of Spurs fans that would tell you that Bale isn't the "3rd best player in the world" either.

Yeah but surely its gets factored in that whoever plays up front for Barcelona is going to get a shed load simply because of the quality of three quarters of the teams in that league? They might as well give it to Messi for the next ten years if thats the case.

Mr Zidane seems to think he's the best in Europe on the basis of last season.

Yeah but surely its gets factored in that whoever plays up front for Barcelona is going to get a shed load simply because of the quality of three quarters of the teams in that league? They might as well give it to Messi for the next ten years if thats the case.

Mr Zidane seems to think he's the best in Europe on the basis of last season.

Doesn't Zidane work for Madrid who want Bale? He isn't going to come out and say "Bale is brick, I don't know why we are even in for him" - If Real Madrid were after Mata he would probably have said the same about him.

On ESPN Bale has been praised as being certainly in most peoples (eg Gabriel Marcotti's & Sid Lowe's) best team of the season and when you look around the pitch at the others in there with him, there's certainly a case that he's the star of the team.

this is amazing. it just goes to show that no matter how much you prepare and know full well about bad news that you sometimes cannot deal with the news adequately whe it arrives

I don't get why people are saying his value will drop to 40odd next year...with 2 years left we would still get a higher price than that for one of the best players in the world, nearer 55-60. The point of selling 2 years before is it is the last time the selling club can get good value, before being faced with the 'sell or lose for free next summer' decision.

And people saying that if the price is right Levy would sell...should acknowledge that it needs to be an astronomical price this summer for him to consider it. He showed with Modric he would turn down excellent value and would do the same for Bale. The only way Bale leaves this summer is if Real smash the world transfer record IMO.

I would normally just laugh this off, but the fact that Bale hasnt signed a new contract (If we have indeed offered him one yet or at all) speaks volumes for me now, also if Bale is going to sign then he should be coming out to say he is staying, and he has not. also, his tossy agent is either pushing for the Madrid move or talking it up to get more money out of Spurs.

Either way, the silence from our end is a little worrying.

I would normally just laugh this off, but the fact that Bale hasnt signed a new contract (If we have indeed offered him one yet or at all) speaks volumes for me now, also if Bale is going to sign then he should be coming out to say he is staying, and he has not. also, his tossy agent is either pushing for the Madrid move or talking it up to get more money out of Spurs.

The season has barely finished, id wait until mid June or even July till things really hot up.

Really? I take the silence as a good sign. We're happy to sit and do our own thing whilst Real make fools of themselves in the media.

If we started getting annoyed about it and making our own press conferences just to say he's staying, that's the stage i will start to get concerned.

Really? I take the silence as a good sign. We're happy to sit and do our own thing whilst Real make fools of themselves in the media.

If we started getting annoyed about it and making our own press conferences just to say he's staying, that's the stage i will start to get concerned.

What do you mean "do our own thing"?

surprised that Danny boy hasnt come out with a "Bale is staying so fcuk off" statement

Back