• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Gareth Bale

Re: Gareth Bale

I hope its more like the club has to tell Bale of bids of over 50m

In any case, can someone say what the rulings are on release clauses, did I read somewhere that they are not worth the piece of paper they are written on. Like Diame at West Ham was said to have one, loads of speculation yet nothing happened. A lot of it in Spain, but I am sure like I said release clauses are flimflam.

Greg Stobart @gstobart

There will not be a 'release clause' in Gareth Bale's new Tottenham contract, but an understanding he can leave if #THFC don't get in the CL
And, of course, he may still leave if Spurs get in the Champions League next season but someone will have to pay the money Levy wants

fudge what's this ITK brick doing in here.

My_Eyes___They_Burn_by_dragon_prince_ryuun.jpg

Well I hope this new contract is true and its revealed very soon as even though the season ended yesterday, I am already bored with the rumours and speculation and really don't want this going on all summer. I have already read that he is demanding a move and that he must go to save his career and other sensationalist crap, yawn already.

If only we could score the easy ones as well!

We rarely work the ball into the box. Pass the ball, get to the by line, cross, and simple tap in. Add these kind of goals - that most teams rely on - and we'd be a force.

If only we could score the easy ones as well!

We rarely work the ball into the box. Pass the ball, get to the by line, cross, and simple tap in. Add these kind of goals - that most teams rely on - and we'd be a force.

We haven't had that since we had that amazing partnership with Berba/Keane, they'd always be in those positions, usually passing it to one another.

Though I suppose it depends on your definition of interesting. I started work at a new place about a month ago. Anyway, today I talked footy with my boss for the first time (she asked me how my weekend was and told her it was good apart from Spurs not making CL). She then went onto tell me that her son, who she'd previously told me was a charter plane pilot, flew the squad over to Wales for the game against Swansea a few weeks back. According to him, they were a fairly rowdy, unlikeable lot....she said her son had flown both Arsenal and Chelsea previously, who, according to him were as good as gold (John Terry the personification of politeness apparently). Anyway, she said that the 'Welsh one' (and when I asked "who, Gareth Bale?", she said "yes, that's the one") asked her son if it was okay for them to "stick on the wog box", before breaking into a sheepish smile and saying"oops, we're not allowed to say that anymore cos its racist innit" and then laughing his arse off. He then proceeded to head to the back of the plane with the boombox and start dancing with a few of the others.

Other choice selections included the son (who doesn't know anything about football) asking what position Bale played and whether he was any good, which tinkled Bale right off but apparently made a few of the others laugh.

Could all be nonsense of course but I don't see that she had any reason to make it up. I know footballers acting like pricks is not exactly earth shattering news but it did leave me a little disappointed......he comes across as such a nice, unassuming lad on the telly!

Greg Stobart @gstobart

There will not be a 'release clause' in Gareth Bale's new Tottenham contract, but an understanding he can leave if #THFC don't get in the CL
And, of course, he may still leave if Spurs get in the Champions League next season but someone will have to pay the money Levy wants

as expected

50 mill :ross: double it and Levy might think about it for 30 secs

Though I suppose it depends on your definition of interesting. I started work at a new place about a month ago. Anyway, today I talked footy with my boss for the first time (she asked me how my weekend was and told her it was good apart from Spurs not making CL). She then went onto tell me that her son, who she'd previously told me was a charter plane pilot, flew the squad over to Wales for the game against Swansea a few weeks back. According to him, they were a fairly rowdy, unlikeable lot....she said her son had flown both Arsenal and Chelsea previously, who, according to him were as good as gold (John Terry the personification of politeness apparently). Anyway, she said that the 'Welsh one' (and when I asked "who, Gareth Bale?", she said "yes, that's the one") asked her son if it was okay for them to "stick on the wog box", before breaking into a sheepish smile and saying"oops, we're not allowed to say that anymore cos its racist innit" and then laughing his arse off. He then proceeded to head to the back of the plane with the boombox and start dancing with a few of the others.

Other choice selections included the son (who doesn't know anything about football) asking what position Bale played and whether he was any good, which tinkled Bale right off but apparently made a few of the others laugh.

Could all be nonsense of course but I don't see that she had any reason to make it up. I know footballers acting like pricks is not exactly earth shattering news but it did leave me a little disappointed......he comes across as such a nice, unassuming lad on the telly!

Back