• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Fourth - who are we going to beat to it?

4th??forget it.......when the crunch comes we dont have Suarez, Gerrard, Sturridge, or RVP, Mata and Rooney. Players who are proven to make a difference, or players who are in good form. I think we will fight for 6th with Everton

I think a lot of teams have proven that Star quality is not always the defining factor. Liverpool seem to have their troubles away from home and Everton are finding things harder at the moment. That said if we cannot beat Everton at home then I believe that our chances of being anywhere near the top 4 are gone. We need to have some belief that we can get points of the teams just around us. We have some tough games in March and we cant go through those games taking minimal to zero points like we have from all the teams in the top 7.

Going against the grain I know, but its a Liverpool win all day long for me. I fully expect Emirates Marketing Project to win the prem and Chelsea second, but I cant rest while I still see the scum with a proper chance of winning it. If I thought there was any tiny shred of hope that we could actually finish 4th then I would plump for an Arsenal win, but it pains me to say it but we dont.

We simply are'nt playing well enough and have too many players either under peforming or actually not peforming at all as they are not even on the field of play at the moment. I would love if we could somehow "click" and realy push for 4th but I just cant see it.

Massive game on sunday, that will tell is a lot.

Last edited:
I still think Liverpool will take fourth. They remind me of us in both 2009-10 and (partly) 2005-06.

All the things we say about their fans views on the race for 4th were being said about us and our views during those seasons..

Despite only drawing at Hull we're still 2pts better off than we were at this stage last season, although we're 2 places lower in the league.

Fourth place is Liverpool' to lose but we've blown it during the run-in often enough to be know that anything can happen and our fixtures during the final 2 months are (on paper) much more favourable than Liverpool' so I remain hopeful [-o<

Twitter / behnisch: Cann table of the Premier League after 24 games: this season versus last season pic.twitter.com/887KtTLSAm
BflRMLTCEAAN1CG.png

I still think Liverpool will take fourth. They remind me of us in both 2009-10 and (partly) 2005-06.

All the things we say about their fans views on the race for 4th were being said about us and our views during those seasons..

I agree. They've done well even when they've not had Suarez at the start and then were without Sturidge for some time.

Can we get this threads title changed from 'Fourth - who are we going to beat to it?' too 'Fourth - can we get it?'

Perhaps a long run in 5th may take the "can we hold on to 4th" pressure off the players and give us a decent late surge from 5th to 4th.

Our fixtures aren't more favourable than Liverpool's if you ask me. About equal overall. Everton have more gimmes at home than any of the other top four contenders but more difficult games too, and Man Utd have lots of winnable ones but have some tricky away games to go (Arsenal, Everton, Southampton, Saudi Sportswashing Machine).

Ultimately the difficulty of each contender's fixtures are similar. We should just be grateful of the fact we are still somehow in a race for 4th at this stage, given how our season has gone and how well Liverpool and to a lesser extent Everton have played for much of it.

Incidentally, Man Utd need 36 points from 14 games to reach a two points per game average for this season. That is insanely difficult for a team that has been so poor!

more chance of over taking Arsenal at this point

You know I was just about to post the same thing, and tbh, I could quite easily live with a final table that read
Emirates Marketing Project
Chelsea
Liverpool
Tottenham
Arsenal
Man United
Everton

win tomorrow and it's 8 points behind them, beat them at home and it's 5 ....

:ross:

Despite only drawing at Hull we're still 2pts better off than we were at this stage last season, although we're 2 places lower in the league.

Fourth place is Liverpool' to lose but we've blown it during the run-in often enough to be know that anything can happen and our fixtures during the final 2 months are (on paper) much more favourable than Liverpool' so I remain hopeful [-o<

Twitter / behnisch: Cann table of the Premier League after 24 games: this season versus last season pic.twitter.com/887KtTLSAm
BflRMLTCEAAN1CG.png

Thanks for posting this very revealing table. Shows why we will be competing with Everton for 5th despite the small points difference to 4th. Will be much harder for Sherwood this season bearing in mind Liverpool, Arsenal and Chelski have improved so much,whereas Everton and us have basically remained the same. Also shows how much we must improve next season to compete again for 4th. Other interesting point is that Emirates Marketing Project have basically achieved the same points as they did at this stage last season despite on the face of it appearing so much more effective this season. Luckily for Pellegrini Man Utd are no where near as effective this season if they were, would he be under pressure? Perhaps Mancini was not as bad as he has been made out. Mourinho still has the edge for me over Pellegrini so for me Chelsea to win the league (unfortunately).

PHP:

Can I check were talking about the same Liverpool that drew with west Brom last week?

The result they got against West Brom is expected for a team that has not yet at the consistency level of Champions. It is enough for 4th however, in my opinion. Brenton Rodgers has been clever recently, telling the press Liverpool are not title contenders while at the same time lauding his "project" as ahead of schedule. He is unfortunately showing he is a very good manager.

The result they got against West Brom is expected for a team that has not yet at the consistency level of Champions. It is enough for 4th however, in my opinion. Brenton Rodgers has been clever recently, telling the press Liverpool are not title contenders while at the same time lauding his "project" as ahead of schedule. He is unfortunately showing he is a very good manager.

When I saw the wides I fancied Liverpool to win. Arsenal had no steel in the middle but I didn't expect an absolute spanking....

Why can't they get consistency? They don't have Europe to stretch their squad, and it's a pretty stable side?

that was some Liverpool performance. They are getting stronger

When I saw the wides I fancied Liverpool to win. Arsenal had no steel in the middle but I didn't expect an absolute spanking....

Why can't they get consistency? They don't have Europe to stretch their squad, and it's a pretty stable side?

I think it is purely a mental thing. One week they look great against Arsenal next week they lose 3-1 to hull. I think they are a Emirates Marketing Project Lite. However in my opinion both City and Chelsea have the edge this season. If they finish this season strongly and keep suarez next year could be a special season for them.

that was some Liverpool performance. They are getting stronger

Can't see us overhauling them mate. Key to today's game imo was they spanked a normally solid Arsenal side in midfield. Hence Pool's midfield won the ball easily and passed it over the Arsenal midfield well to their pacey forwards. The problem with us is that our midfield is never solid enough especially without Sandro so the big sides are able to isolate our back line all the time and hit the ball over the midfield and defence. Merte****ter has had a very good season because he is normally so well protected. Today they couldn't so he looked ****e again. Plus Arsenal couldn't defend set pieces.

Back