• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Fourth - who are we going to beat to it?

I can't shake this feeling that we have never really got going properly this season...

I'm not sure we will. The XI we play is a fairly functional team. But whilst we have improved our goals scored under Sherwood, we still don't play with flair. I feel unless Lamela suddenly starts to perform very well (which would be surprising given this season), I can't see our performances being much better.

Andros might make a difference. Consistency in the XI will help. For me, Vertonghen, Sandro, Adebayor have to start pretty much every game. Strong spine, set the tone for the rest of the team to go express themselves.

I struggle to see us beating Everton tbh. Can see them settling down early and actually outfootballing us pretty easily. Hope I'm massively wrong.

I'm not sure we will. The XI we play is a fairly functional team. But whilst we have improved our goals scored under Sherwood, we still don't play with flair. I feel unless Lamela suddenly starts to perform very well (which would be surprising given this season), I can't see our performances being much better.

Andros might make a difference. Consistency in the XI will help. For me, Vertonghen, Sandro, Adebayor have to start pretty much every game. Strong spine, set the tone for the rest of the team to go express themselves.

I struggle to see us beating Everton tbh. Can see them settling down early and actually outfootballing us pretty easily. Hope I'm massively wrong.

Well we may not clicked this term but when I look at the squad I think that with the group of players we have we should be doing far better in terms of performance level. Even the much maligned new players have shown flashes of quality to a lesser or greater extent. I still think it is in us to string a number of season defining performances back to back, and it's up to Sherwood to coax that out of them. I think Tim must learn quickly that not everything AVB did was wrong. A solid defensive platform and a possession based game does not mean we have to be sterile in attack. It's about striking the right balance and I don't think he has found that balance just yet. I believe he will though.

Last edited:
gd35.jpg

A City win tomorrow would all but end Chelsea's title hopes I think.

I generally do, I ****ing hate Liverpool, I have a begrudging respect for the scum.

I'm the same way, I do unfortunately have a couple of mates and more embarrassingly a couple of family members that are Goons. On the other hand I have never ever met a scouser I like. I find everything to do with them loathsome and won't even listen to the Beatles. Added to which I think we have a much better chance of over hauling the Scousers than we do Arseanal

So do we all want the scum to beat the dippers next week?

Hobson's choice I know, but on balance, I think we have to hope for a scum win.

Draw. Can't bring myself to even prefer an Arsenal win let alone want it to happen when they're still firmly in a title race.

I can't shake this feeling that we have never really got going properly this season, and to think we are just 3 points off 4th with all the ****e that's gone on gives me some comfort. If we could just get a bit of momentum then I think we are still in with an excellent shout.

If we were to miss out on 4th then of the contenders I would like Everton to make it in our stead, or failing that maybe Utd. Utd will buy their way back up there next season anyway no doubt, but missing out CL qualification for 'pool would likely set them back significantly. I could see Suarez off if they don't achieve it. Everton don't have the financial clout for the long haul so I think it's better for us if they pip 'pool and Utd to the post (if we don't make it that is)

We haven't got going at all. We did briefly for a bit under Sherwood but we've not played well for the most part. Our only hope is someone steps in and goes on a purple patch like Pav did a few years back and Bale last season, maybe Lamela will be that man eventually, who knows.

Draw. Can't bring myself to even prefer an Arsenal win let alone want it to happen when they're still firmly in a title race.

Has to be for me.

I cant be wanting Arsnal to win, and likewise we cant afford Liverpool to pick up a massive erection inducing win. A draw affects them both

We've been pretty much shi t all season and are still just 3 points off 4th. Were getting a lot of key players back from injury and just maybe we can find some kind form. I still believe we will make it, but I'm an eternal optimist, but that's probably down to me not having been a fan nearly as long as some here. Give it a few more seasons and I'm sure I'll have that damned hope sucked out of me.

There's such a big opportunity this season, if we had just been able to maintain the general status quo of the past five years I think that would have been enough. Unfortunately the Bale and AVB sagas have thrown us off kilter and I think we will just miss out again.

I too agree with Pirate, hope for a scum win. Then also hope that the Pellegrini juggernaut that is Emirates Marketing Project keep on trucking and walk the league anyway.

Not a bad weekend all in all despite our disappointing performance. A point away to Hull isn't a disaster, Liverpool drew, United lost. Only Everton of our top 4 competition picked up 3 points and they were at home.

Still very close, more disappointed with our performance than anything in the Hull game. We quite simply have to do better in terms of playing football and creating chances. Hopefully we will.

I too agree with Pirate, hope for a scum win. Then also hope that the Pellegrini juggernaut that is Emirates Marketing Project keep on trucking and walk the league anyway.

Not a bad weekend all in all despite our disappointing performance. A point away to Hull isn't a disaster, Liverpool drew, United lost. Only Everton of our top 4 competition picked up 3 points and they were at home.

Still very close, more disappointed with our performance than anything in the Hull game. We quite simply have to do better in terms of playing football and creating chances. Hopefully we will.

Agreed with this. There's never an easy away game in the PL, and as we are not City, we can't expect to win all games against the bottom half sides. A draw is ok, at least when the other results also went our way (excluding Everton). We should have played better, though. Not a very impressive performance.

Personally I can't wait to see Sandro back in the side.

I think Utd will get fourh to be honest. They will come good, they always do, they've got a winning mentality and with players like Rooney, Persie , Janusaj(don't know how to pronounce his name :p ) and Mata they should be able to secure 4 place comfortably at the end of the season, it's still a lot of games to be played .

They're nr 1 contender is Liverpool, they have been absolutely spectacular this season, and I can't believe they are only three points ahead of us !!! They've deserve better . But they've got a thin sqaud and are very voulnerable to injuries an tiredness . Also I hate them .....

Eeverton just isn't good enough for 4th place .

Our beloved Tottenham just isn't clicking at all, terrible to watch . The wrong players for each other maybe ?? Because I see glimpses of pure brilliance in a lot of the players , like Eriksen , Dembele , Paulinho , Bentaleb , Townsend etc but they are so inconsistent it's scary, they play like they hate each other sometimes .

The way the season has panned out with Ud of the boil , we should be sitting comfortably in 4th with the squad we have . It's embarresing .

As for Liverpool vs Arsenal I really hope Arsenal will win, and win a lot . Emirates Marketing Project will win the league anyways, and there is always a small hope we can get fourth, and if we don't I would rather it be Utd or Everton

Tottenham will get thrown out of the 4th race by the end of March , we have really tough games in marc, and we have all seen how we perform against the "big guns" this year .

I honestly don't know what is wrong with Spurs because we have a tremendous amount of quality in the squad, but it's just not working out , we have no flair or a plan b (or a plan A for that sake) when we attack .

Ohh and we have bought the biggest flop in the history of PL in Soldado, that doesn't help our chanses :)

Last edited:
I've checked liverpools fixtures every game they've got left invloves someone in a relegation/title fight ,everton have got a hard April and May,man ure have got some hard games and are running out of time to catch up so the longer they are in the champions league the better

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/teams/everton/fixtures
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/teams/liverpool/fixtures
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/teams/manchester-united/fixtures

Us we'll finish 5/6th...we're a point behind everyone before we start because of our goal difference,no bale to do something out of nothing and a strike force that's missing more than its scoring. We need to beat sides around us if we got any chance and the way results have gone so far, doesn't look too good.

Back