• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Fourth - who are we going to beat to it?

All we have to do is stay within touching distance of 4th over the next 4-6 weeks then, once the business end of the season arrives, go into fifth gear. Manage to do that and I think we'll be able to finish 4th.

There has been no sign of us going in to fifth gear this season yet. If we do somehow end up in 4th it'll largely be down to our rivals f**king up.

Amazingly, despite being spanked 11:1 on aggregate by City, 5:0 by Liverpool and 3:0 by West Ham if we beat Hull tomorrow, and City beat Chelsea on Monday, and both results are feasible, we would be just 4 points off third place

changed my mind, Europa next season.

I think you're right. I reckon we'll finish above United and Everton, but it pains me to say that we won't catch Liverpool.
As long as Suarez is fit, they are just going to keep scoring.
The gulf between Soldado and Suarez is one of the main reasons we're where we are. If we had a top striker we'd be winning games like yesterday.

5th spot and City get thrown out of the Champs League for not meeting the Financial Fair Play regs = Spurs in the Champions league.

Would be nice given how we missed out with Chelsea winning the cup but I can't see the rules being imposed. We all know the top brass will bottle such decisions, still it would be nice.

I think you're right. I reckon we'll finish above United and Everton, but it pains me to say that we won't catch Liverpool.
The gulf between Soldado and Suarez is one of the main reasons we're where we are. If we had a top striker we'd be winning games like yesterday.

Nail on head!!!

fixtures in spoiler

XUxI8E7.png

i think it's a tough ask now looking at ours and Liverpool's respective fixtures - we'd need to come out of the away game to them no more than 3 points behind to be in with a good chance of finishing above them, IMO

Attachments

• XUxI8E7.jpg
    XUxI8E7.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 12
changed my mind, Europa next season.

From just a draw?

Liverpool are winning right now but we still have to play them.

As for Soldado, his wife had a miscarriage a few months ago so I doubt very much it's just a lack of confidence that is just affecting him. Even if its from now til the end of the season, if Soldado gets his form back, which I believe he can, then we're still within a shout. I too thought Soldado was poor again yesterday and it is worrying but I don't think he's the sought of player you write off at this stage, even if he hasn't set the world alight.

From just a draw?

Liverpool are winning right now but we still have to play them.

As for Soldado, his wife had a miscarriage a few months ago so I doubt very much it's just a lack of confidence that is just affecting him. Even if its from now til the end of the season, if Soldado gets his form back, which I believe he can, then we're still within a shout. I too thought Soldado was poor again yesterday and it is worrying but I don't think he's the sought of player you write off at this stage, even if he hasn't set the world alight.

Liverpool will obliterate us at Anfield.

Spot on.

Although it can be looked at 2 ways.

Glass half empty -

I count that as 2pts lost yesterday,granted I know Liverpool lost there, but I cant see them slipping up today opening up a 5pt gap, with 14 to go. That doesnt sound much, but bearing in mind we have to go to Anfield and right now I dont see us getting anything there.
The day we play Chelsea away, another tough awayday, Liverpool host Sunderland, which probably all means we could have to turn around an 12pt deficit (due to inferior GD) in the other remaining 12 set of fixtures, not going to happen.

Glass half-full -
Next weekend they could lose to Arsenal and could beat Everton and its back to 2. In the run-in Liverpool still have to go United (as opposed to our visit to Cheslea), but still have to host City and Chelsea ( to our Arsenal at home). If we could nick a draw at Anfield, we could have an outside chance.

Depends how much is in your glass I suppose

Back