• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Formula One on Sky

They only penalised him for time (20 seconds) so if he was any faster could have remained third. Anyway - at least Kimi got promoted!

Shows how good those 2 are :)

Seriously though - you can't honestly tell me they're matching the Top 3 for race-pace. If anything - close towards the end when the car is lighter and the tyres have been managed

The strike-back!

Lewis: Jibe 'shows Vettel's maturity'

Hamilton defends his driving after rival accused him of being 'stupid'

Last Updated: July 23, 2012 11:06am

The McLaren driver was on the receiving end of Vettel's ire in the aftermath of Sunday's race at Hockenheim after Hamilton had chosen to unlap himself on lap 36 while the World Champion was bidding to close down race leader Fernando Alonso and at the same time pull clear of the other McLaren of Jenson Button.

Vettel felt the time lost behind Hamilton had cost him second place to Button during the next round of pit stops, while RBR chief Christian Horner also expressed his frustration with the incident.

Hamilton, who had fallen a lap down after picking up a puncture on the second lap after running over debris, however told the British media that he wasn't concerned by Vettel's barbs and he had simply focused on trying to salvage his own race.

"It doesn't really bother me what he says," Hamilton was quoted as saying by the Daily Mirror. "I guess. It shows his maturity.

"I don't think I've made any silly decisions throughout the race. I had nothing to gain apart from staying out of the way of my team-mate.

"I never give up, so I'm not going to back off and let everyone past me when I've got the pace to go past the guy in front."

Although Hamilton, on fresh tyres, was the fastest driver on the track at the time of the incident with Vettel, the time he had lost through the puncture and resultant unscheduled pit stop in the opening stages meant a points finish was never a realistic target and, in any case, he eventually retired late on due to the earlier damage sustained to his car.

But while left to bemoan what he felt had been his "cruel luck" on his 100th Grand Prix start, Hamilton said McLaren's big improvement in pace was a definite silver lining for him ahead of this weekend's Hungarian round.

"At least I was able to have some fun out on track - my pace was good enough to be able to match the leaders during the middle stint," he said.

"And that's encouraging for me, because we know our car's been genuinely quick this weekend. A big thank-you to everyone back at the factory for all their efforts to get a lot of new parts onto the car this weekend - every little bit helps, and we know there's even more in the pipeline.

"We'll put that pace in our pockets and take it to Hungary next weekend. I'm back in the car in five days' time - and that's the best possible news for me after a day like today."

http://www1.skysports.com/formula-1/news/24181/7928266/Lewis-Jibe-shows-Vettel-s-maturity-

Shows how good those 2 are :)

Seriously though - you can't honestly tell me they're matching the Top 3 for race-pace. If anything - close towards the end when the car is lighter and the tyres have been managed

No doubt they aren't quite there... But they have the best of the rest without a shadow of a doubt and have even looked to be competitive once or twice this season. I just hope your man accepts that and is a little more gracious to the people that have put it together for him.

I thought he was simply pre-emptying for (possibly) unrealistic expectations - i.e. anything above that would be a bonus.

Perhaps the car was indeed cack in pre-season with a gradual imrpovement ever since

I thought he was simply pre-emptying for (possibly) unrealistic expectations - i.e. anything above that would be a bonus.

Perhaps the car was indeed cack in pre-season with a gradual imrpovement ever since

Rubbish! It has been one of the best cars in qualifying all season and has only suffered a little on race pace. The car looked good in testing as well, comparatively speaking. He was being a tool and I said so back then.

He was keeping the expectations realistic, imv - not sure how that's being a tool tbh. In most interviews this year he's been well complimentary of his team

Last edited:
He was keeping the expectations realistic, imv - not sure how that's being a tool tbh. In most interviews this year he's been well complimentary of his team

Making excuses you mean? I heard him sledge his car a couple of times at the start of the season. And like I said then, they have a good car. One of the best... as for this

WookieD said:
Testing is one thing but racing is another beast all together. I would expect Lotus to be having a very good scrap with both Sauber and Williams and depending on what happens in the next two months, Mercedes and Massa as well. Alonso will be out of reach though, as will Redbull and Maclaren (even Webber!).

Not too far wrong... Poor car indeed.

He couldn't have known what the others would offer back then - why do you think he was doing it to spite them (his team)?

Their car is not one of the best - possibly one of the best of the rest. At best. ;)

Last edited:
He couldn't have known what the others would offer back then - why do you think he was doing it to spite them?

Their car is not one of the best - possibly one of the best of the rest. At best. ;)

No, because he is a tool, as I've said all along :D

And their car is one of the best out of twelve teams. This is why they have two drivers in the top 8 and are over 50 points ahead of Mercedes in 4th in the constructors!

What he said earlier in the season is no different to some of the comments McLaren or Ferrari's drivers have made in the past. I think you simply dislike the man immensely (for some reason I cannot imagine) and look for lashing ammo in just about everything he says/does.

They are not at the Top 3's level, not for race-pace. Actually - they're Spurs as an equivalent

What he said earlier in the season is no different to some of the comments McLaren or Ferrari's drivers have made in the past. I think you simply dislike the man immensely (for some reason I cannot imagine) and look for lashing ammo in just about everything he says/does.

They are not at the Top 3's level, not for race-pace. Actually - they're Spurs as an equivalent

Not in the slightest mate, I haven't looked for anything in what he has said recently, I'm simply repeating what I told you at the start of the season; that he was an idiot sledging his own car and if he continued to do so he would look very silly as he has a good package... Look who was right!

As for race pace, I actually think the Ferrari is sub-standard, just that Alonso is a great driver. He'd be taking podium finishes in that Lotus imo.

Poor car podium lockout shocker!!!1111

As I've been saying Arc, that is one of the best cars in F1 atm.

LOLOL - I knew you'd bump this up as soon as the race was over - a true hater! :D

Actually - they are the only 'top' team left yet to win a race - mainly due to indifferent performances in qualifying (mostly) and only really matching the front runner's pace around the half-way mark as the car becomes considerably lighter. Perhaps the tyres cannot handle 'it' earlier than that due to the extra weight.

You've got to give it him though - drove like a fudging demon in the second stint. And didn't budge a millimiter next to Grosjean in that corner - fudging balls. He was never going to pass Lewis though - not on this track unless he was at least 1.5-2 seconds faster than him (never). Hamilton knew that and simply looked after his tyres for a change. Bear in mind Raikkonen's KERS was around 50% functional at best throughout the race!

But let me get this straight - according to you if he does well = all because of the car. And if he does poorly = fudging tool can't drive his good car? Which one is it this time?

Last edited:
Where have I ever said he can't drive? Or that it is because of the car. Super straw man extravaganza!

1) I personally dislike Kimi. You already know that
2) I told you at the start of the season that Lotus had a good car
3) I said Kimi would look like a tool if he persistently sledges his own car
4) I was correct

Fair play to him yesterday, he had nothing but fresh air in front of him for his middle stint, but I won't take that away from him, he dragged that car onto the podium... A VERY good car that is capable of winning races. Kimi has accepted that his "poor" car is capable of winning a race... I wonder if Arcspace now does?

Also, I said he is a boring driver and I dislike this and his personality. I never said he can't drive.

Back