• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Formula One on Sky

Hehe, I've been feeling tired lately. Maybe I've gone all Fightclub and taken to journalism in my sleep :D

Lewis is acting the clown at the moment. Reminds me of when he fired his dad, he needs to get his head down and start racing.

Your boy's pass down the hill was a cracking move. Thought Vettell passing on the outside was probably the move of the day, but that came a close second.

Stupid move, imv

Judging by this season alone (hell, even the last 2) - they're miles behind Lotus better yet the Top 3!

Must be getting a fortune

Last edited:
Yes, but in 2014 the whole game changes, massively in Mercedes favour.

McLaren have cost him the championship this season.....70-80 point down....25 points last weekend alone.

If Alonso is winning the championship in the Ferrari and Raikonnen is 3rd without a win it shows you the main thing in F1 is consistency and RELIABILITY.

All that and the fact he'll earn £12 million a year more makes it a no brainer for me.

I thought Mclaren might go for Paul Di Resta. Perez is alright but I wouldn't expect anything great from him. I'd have been looking at Maldanado or Di Resta I reckon.

New engine rules can swing either way for all teams, imv

He has the fastes car this season, no doubt

Look at Alonso and what he's managed to achieve with a largerly inferior package, imv

I thought Mclaren might go for Paul Di Resta. Perez is alright but I wouldn't expect anything great from him. I'd have been looking at Maldanado or Di Resta I reckon.

Apart from 2 podiums this season in the Sauber! Best young driver in the sport by some distance IMO

New engine rules can swing either way for all teams, imv

He has the fastes car this season, no doubt

Look at Alonso and what he's managed to achieve with a largerly inferior package, imv

Fast car but brick relaibility and brick team, how many pit lane **** ups??

How does it change in Mercedes favour?

Mercedes will be making the engines in 2014......you think they're gonna give McLaren a better engine that they have?

They are improving......the drivers they have at the moment are either way over the hill or not good enough.

Lewis would be quick in a dustcart!

But they're making their engines even now - and have been for the last 15 years or more. I don't see what the difference would be. Even so - there is more to the package than that. Plus McClaren have been considerably faster than Mercedes over the seasons so logic would indicate there's little wrong with their engine itself.

As for improving

2010 - 214 points
2011 - 165 points
2012 - 136 to date

Apart from 2 podiums this season in the Sauber! Best young driver in the sport by some distance IMO

The Sauber is a good car mate and don't forget there have different people on the podium throughout this entire season. Personally I'd like to see Kobayashi get a good drive as I want to see what one of those crazy Japs can do in a real car. Perez is good, but then so are a lot of drivers. Niko is having an indifferent season but he's a good driver when he gets going, I've been impressed with Vergne in a few races and he was unlucky to be taken out by Schumacher in Singapore, doing well in the Torro Rosso for his debut season.

Fast car but brick relaibility and brick team, how many pit lane **** ups??

And the fastest change ever...

...That said, I think the biggest problem with Maclaren sometimes is their race strategy, they have fudged up both Lewis and Button so many times with decisions that seem incomprehensible at the time and low and behold, have ruined their races by the end of it. There have been reliability issues, but so too has Lewis been his own enemy and worked his way out of a few races. I love Lewis but he needs to grow the fudge up sometimes both on and off the track.

But they're making their engines even now - and have been for the last 15 years or more. I don't see what the difference would be. Even so - there is more to the package than that. Plus McClaren have been considerably faster than Mercedes over the seasons so logic would indicate there's little wrong with their engine itself.

As for improving

2010 - 214 points
2011 - 165 points
2012 - 136 to date

I think McLaren have let him down badly and Lewis is right to tell them to fudge off.

Good on him.

And the fastest change ever...

...That said, I think the biggest problem with Maclaren sometimes is their race strategy, they have fudged up both Lewis and Button so many times with decisions that seem incomprehensible at the time and low and behold, have ruined their races by the end of it. There have been reliability issues, but so too has Lewis been his own enemy and worked his way out of a few races. I love Lewis but he needs to grow the fudge up sometimes both on and off the track.

Agreed, but I don't think he has had too many errors if any this season and has shown alot more maturity, aside from the Twitter gonad*s the other week.

Back