• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

FIFA: Destroying Football Since 1904

But the FIFA job involves paying out millions to buy power, not raking it in personally.

The ExCo members live their lives in hotel suites, fly first class and have expense accounts. Who needs bribes? Just like politicians, the important thing is to make sure you get re-elected.

Love how Blazer has literally just folded and is happy to take everyone else down with him. How long until the pressure gets too much for some of the others?

http://www.mtfc.co.uk/news/article/macclesfield-in-bid-to-host-2026-world-cup-2478695.aspx
Macclesfield In Bid To Host 2026 World Cup

We want to bring the tournament to East Cheshire

We are delighted to announce that the town of Macclesfield will be launching a bid to host the 2026 FIFA World Cup. After intense discussions with the relevant authorities, the town will be launching an official bid for the prestigious competition.

Climate
Because the average temperature in Macclesfield in June is a whopping 14.1°C we recommend that air conditioned stadia are used.

Media Facilities
Free WIFI is available at Macclesfield Library and this will continue throughout the tournament.

Travel and Accommodation
With superb links to Manchester Airport, the town of Macclesfield is ideal for travelling spectators. The town is serviced by numerous bus routes, and Moose Tours will also be on hand to provide travel support for supporters. Silvertown cabs will also be on hand to help out!

According to Trip Advisor there are up to six hotels in Macclesfield, as well as 16 B&B's. More than adequate for a World Cup.

Food And Drink

With plenty of Brassingtons pies and Marston's beer in town, people are sure not to go without at this tournament.

Cost Of The Tournament

We predict a total cost of £249.99 for the tournament. This include supplying new nets in all of the training facilitates.

A budget of £40.00 has also been set aside for gifts to the FIFA Family.

What Next?
We will submit our formal proposal to FIFA later this year and hope to be given the go ahead to host the tournament next year.

FAQ
What else would you want to know? We have covered everything. If you do have any questions, please write to macclesfield2026@mtfc.co.uk

:D:D

Love how Blazer has literally just folded and is happy to take everyone else down with him. How long until the pressure gets too much for some of the others?

By the look of it Honest Jack Warner is about to show his cards as well!!

I'm loving this spectacle. Absolutely loving it!

Now just waiting for Blatter to be charged and the Quatar world cup to be moved to another country. The Russia WC is probably too close to be moved, but that would obviously be brilliant as well.

It's like a "You're all going down with me" situation isn't it!

Following his arrest, in a televised broadcast in Trinidad on Thursday, Warner claimed he had documentation that could prove a link between key Fifa officials and the 2010 Trinidad election.

“I will no longer keep secrets for them,” he said.

Warner makes allegations that the documents “also deal with my knowledge of transactions at Fifa, including – but not limited to – its president, Mr Sepp Blatter”.

The ExCo members live their lives in hotel suites, fly first class and have expense accounts. Who needs bribes? Just like politicians, the important thing is to make sure you get re-elected.
US$15million a year plus expenses would beg to differ

That is the point. The system is inherently corrupt but not in the sense of Blatter taking bribes. He lives like a king through legal expenses so has no need for illegal payments. The only catch is he needs reelection. Even here he can largely use the mechanisms within FIFA to by votes, at least with some degree of deniability about the corrupt use of the money.

While few would seriously doubt what would happen to the $10 million handed to Warner to help the African Diaspora it's hard to pin it on Blatter, especially when South African officials stipulate that Warner is the man for the job.

I thought he'd already rolled over on some to keep his kids out of trouble? Was that someone else?

Two of his sons were among the convictions unsealed by the FBI when they raided the FIFA hotel. I don't know if they have been sentenced yet, so perhaps there is some scope for getting Warner to cooperate. I suspect his main worry is his own skin, although as an MP he will probably get protection from his government.

I'm loving this spectacle. Absolutely loving it!

Now just waiting for Blatter to be charged and the Quatar world cup to be moved to another country. The Russia WC is probably too close to be moved, but that would obviously be brilliant as well.
If they try to take the WC away from Russia, I expect Putin to take it like a man and diplomatically oblige to the U.S. lead request. He just seems that sort of bloke.

That is the point. The system is inherently corrupt but not in the sense of Blatter taking bribes. He lives like a king through legal expenses so has no need for illegal payments. The only catch is he needs reelection. Even here he can largely use the mechanisms within FIFA to by votes, at least with some degree of deniability about the corrupt use of the money.

While few would seriously doubt what would happen to the $10 million handed to Warner to help the African Diaspora it's hard to pin it on Blatter, especially when South African officials stipulate that Warner is the man for the job.
This.

Blatter doesn't have to bribe, he's in control of FIFA's funds. Rather than say to the president of the FA for <insert tiny island with a population of 700 here> "Here's £10M please vote for me" he's able to say to him "If I'm elected I will ensure that FIFA's development programme sends £10M to your country's football development. You may spend that as you wish, including as a salary to yourself."

Is it wrong? Yes. Is it immoral? Certainly. But most importantly, it's not illegal. As for accepting bribes, Blatter has had no need to. Again, he's in control of FIFA's fortune, he can pay himself as much as he likes - he can arrange for meetings in whatever 5* hotel he chooses and at whatever 3* restaurants he chooses, all expenses paid. And of course as the head of FIFA he needs to travel 1st Class and in a limo (I don't actually begrudge him these).

One thing that does surprise me from the arrest stories is how little they were spending on their wine. When the expense account is unlimited £150 a bottle (can't find the story where I read that now) seems a bit mild.

Really interesting different slant on this from James Montague on the Second Captains podcast today around 12 minutes in. Good call that Romario would make a good Fifa boss.

That's great, James is a mate of mine! Still find it funny to hear him talking on football, although he let himself down badly calling it soccer at one point!! Haha

He's written a couple of books if you like his style. The books are lighthearted and not related to FIFA, just about his travels watching football thru the middle east.

Last edited:
Warner had threatened years ago to expose the inner corruption of FIFA, yet nothing was ever spoken.

This is his "broadcast" from last night, shown on Trinidadian TV [Note the dramatic music, for added "conspiracy impact"]. Reminds me of a stunt that Mugabe would pull.

I got bored after about 3 mins. Anybody want to summarise the key points for me :D

There is a whole bunch of plea bargaining going on. Every man for himself. Just as it was as they used and abused their position at FIFA.

Blatter really is gonna feel it. He's probably not touched anything dirty (no need to) but association and connection is going to be there in bucket loads.

if Blatter doesn't get away with this he only has himself to blame, no one has had such a strong position from which to abuse power since Nixon

you'd only have to be reasonably smart to exploit that role for immeasurable gain and zero risk

Serious question: are FIFA that much more corrupt than the English FA?
Just wondering what may be uncovered that makes the FA look dodgy as well..remember the fancy bags being given out during the votes for the 2018 and 2022 World Cups?

Just wondering what may be uncovered that makes the FA look dodgy as well..remember the fancy bags being given out during the votes for the 2018 and 2022 World Cups?

that's an insult to FIFA, they may only have hit the Baldrick level but there is at least some degree of cunning there, our FA is just incompetent, I doubt anyone who works there can even spell FA

About time someone said it.

"Consider these powers the perfect spiritual leaders for a tribe whose analogue is probably those Americans who genuinely hadn’t a clue they were even disliked before 9/11. There is a huge section of fans – and, clearly, administrators – with absolutely no idea how much England is detested within world football, nor any idea as to why. And no interest in getting one.

Ideally, each and every one of them would be forced to attend a six-week residential course in which a series of instructors prepared detailed presentations on the matter, which concluded with the rhetorical inquiry: “Do you now understand why everyone thinks we’re just absolutely massive arses?”
http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2015/jun/05/fbi-investigate-1966-world-cup-greg-dyke

hahaha .. that's like asking if the college kid you buy your weed from is any different from Pablo Escobar

Back