• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

FIFA: Destroying Football Since 1904

Anyone else heard what Dyke said about FIFA today? Pretty terrible if you ask me, I'll try and find it when I'm home later.

hahaha .. that's like asking if the college kid you buy your weed from is any different from Pablo Escobar

Lol, nice:)

However, are the FA really that bothered about FIFA corruption - or that they aren't getting their fair share from the trough? I mean if the votes for the 2006 World Cup had gone to England instead of Germany would there be so much scrutiny of FIFA's inner working by the English press? If England had won the votes for either of the 2018 or 2022 World Cups (like it looked like they would, based on what delegates that were wooed by the great and the good at the FA, the PM and the Royal Family were saying), again would there be any (or at least as much) of the FIFA is corrupt rhetoric?

Lol, nice:)

However, are the FA really that bothered about FIFA corruption - or that they aren't getting their fair share from the trough? I mean if the votes for the 2006 World Cup had gone to England instead of Germany would there be so much scrutiny of FIFA's inner working by the English press? If England had won the votes for either of the 2018 or 2022 World Cups (like it looked like they would, based on what delegates that were wooed by the great and the good at the FA, the PM and the Royal Family were saying), again would there be any (or at least as much) of the FIFA is corrupt rhetoric?
You mean if countries hadn't been bribed into voting a certain way would we be less concerned about bribery and corruption in FIFA?

Pretty much, yes. Had there been no bribery then there would be no bribery to complain about.

You mean if countries hadn't been bribed into voting a certain way would we be less concerned about bribery and corruption in FIFA?

Pretty much, yes. Had there been no bribery then there would be no bribery to complain about.

Maybe everyone - including the FA - were bribing, but just that the apparent hate for the English FA meant that their bribes would never be good enough?

Maybe everyone - including the FA - were bribing, but just that the apparent hate for the English FA meant that their bribes would never be good enough?

No, the reality of why FIFA was so enamored with 3rd world countries is how much easier it is to do underhand brick there.

Major FA's in 1st world nations can't just have 10M disappear off their books, income/expenses has to be accounted for to the tax man. It's quite funny that no one has picked it up, but Blatter/FIFA's fall comes down to the IRS (same organization that ended up talking down Capone)

They were stupid enough to have a high ranking employee in the US, who in turn was a big enough idiot to be living a high life and not declaring his taxes. Death and taxes are the only inevitables ..

This looks more like an American war on football, to try to make their own sports like NFL and NBA more popular. Take note how they are investigating corruption involved in all the WC except for the 1994 WC in US.

Frankly, is there any corporate person or companies not involved with some kind of corruption or illegal activities nowadays ?

This looks more like an American war on football, to try to make their own sports like NFL and NBA more popular. Take note how they are investigating corruption involved in all the WC except for the 1994 WC in US.

Frankly, is there any corporate person or companies not involved with some kind of corruption or illegal activities nowadays ?

So much of it is right there in the open as well. Companies sending out gifts at Christmas, "business" dinners and lunches, basically anything that involves using the company's money for kickbacks and greasing (just disguised as gifts and bonuses).

I don't think it's that, Americans only tend to care about America and in America people tend to be obsessed with American sports, I think it's much more likely that the LEA's involved are just doing a good job and trying to make a name for themselves personally

No, the reality of why FIFA was so enamored with 3rd world countries is how much easier it is to do underhand crud there.

Major FA's in 1st world nations can't just have 10M disappear off their books, income/expenses has to be accounted for to the tax man. It's quite funny that no one has picked it up, but Blatter/FIFA's fall comes down to the IRS (same organization that ended up talking down Capone)

They were stupid enough to have a high ranking employee in the US, who in turn was a big enough idiot to be living a high life and not declaring his taxes. Death and taxes are the only inevitables ..

it's also harder in those countries for genuine good causes to get official funding, I'm sure in many (possibly even most) cases the money that the local FA's took from FIFA was done so with an honest intent to improve the facilities available for people wanting to play football without the government taking their "cut"

obviously there is a lot of corruption but FIFA are not the only multinational to hand money direct to an individual on the ground to try and cut through all the flimflam and actually effect change

I hate Greg Dyke. He's an arrogant, blustering twit and listening to him spout his opinions makes me grimace and ashamed to be from the same country as him.

This is utter nonsense frankly

United Passions, a vanity project about FIFA and three-quarters funded by, you guessed it, FIFA, opened in the US on Friday. Its total weekend box office takings were $607 -- a minuscule £397. Its budget was a reported $25m-$32m (£16m-£21m).

The film sees Tim Roth as Sepp Blatter, Gérard Depardieu as Jules Rimet and Sam Niell as João Havelange and follows the story of FIFA putting together the 1930 World Cup. Directed by Frédéric Auburtin, for some reason viewers weren't enticed by a thrilling drama surrounding... sponsorship deals, it seems from the trailer.

United Passions, a vanity project about FIFA and three-quarters funded by, you guessed it, FIFA, opened in the US on Friday. Its total weekend box office takings were $607 -- a minuscule £397. Its budget was a reported $25m-$32m (£16m-£21m).

The film sees Tim Roth as Sepp Blatter, Gérard Depardieu as Jules Rimet and Sam Niell as João Havelange and follows the story of FIFA putting together the 1930 World Cup. Directed by Frédéric Auburtin, for some reason viewers weren't enticed by a thrilling drama surrounding... sponsorship deals, it seems from the trailer.

Huh.. Just how long has Sepp Blatter been around destroying football??

Warner's response to John Oliver, published in his own newspaper:

CHPFr3sUYAAD015.png

Was quite funny. In the same way Jack Warner hired a spot on TV for his message, the "Last Week Tonight" show hired a spot...

Here's the video :)

I have no time for Blatter at all, however Brodkin is just a media junkey and likes to see his name in print. Prat.

Cheap stunt and kind of misses the point about Blatter. He has no need for money himself, he has arranged that FIFA pay him a ridiculous amount each year (14m?) while most of his expenses are on expense account. The corruption is how he uses FIFA money to buy the votes of small FAs, providing the money for lavish FA HQs and expense account lifestyles for officials, even when they have few football pitches, where people can actually play football. I'd even hazard a guess that he is clean legally.

Cheap stunt and kind of misses the point about Blatter. He has no need for money himself, he has arranged that FIFA pay him a ridiculous amount each year (14m?) while most of his expenses are on expense account. The corruption is how he uses FIFA money to buy the votes of small FAs, providing the money for lavish FA HQs and expense account lifestyles for officials, even when they have few football pitches, where people can actually play football. I'd even hazard a guess that he is clean legally.
Absolutely, he has no need for backhanders.

As I said earlier in the thread, he offers up £Ms in 'development funds' to tiny football associations and neither asks nor cares where and how that money is spent. Much of the time that money goes to the head of that country's football association which guarantees Blatter's next vote.

Blatter doesn't deal for money - he sets his own salary. He deals for votes, and that can't be traced like cash.

Back