• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

FIFA: Destroying Football Since 1904

Michel Platini claimed on Tuesday night that he was given £1.3 million by Sepp Blatter nine years after finishing work for the Fifa president because the organisation could not afford to pay him in full at the time.

The Uefa president finally provided a reason for the delay in him receivingwhat is suspected to be a criminal payment four days after being quizzed by prosecutors about the money.

His attempt to justify his actions came as the attorney general of Switzerland, Michael Lauber, confirmed that he would not be afraid to raid the office of Platini, who he described as being “between a witness and an accused” in his probe into Fifa corruption.

Platini admitted not pursuing until Feb 2011 the money he said he was owed for work as a special adviser to Blatter – which he did from 1998 to 2002. That 2011 date was shortly before he ignored calls to challenge his former mentor for the presidency of Fifa and mandated Uefa members to vote for the incumbent. But he denied the timing had anything to do with stepping aside for Blatter, insisted he did not fear criminal prosecution or suspension by Fifa’s ethics committee because he had “done nothing wrong”, and declared he still intended to run for the presidency in February.

The Telegraph has learnt Platini was paid around £2 million in total by Fifa, only around a third of that sum coming while he was employed as a consultant.

The governing body at that time had forecast a deficit of 134 million Swiss francs (£91 million) between 1999 and 2002, only to report a surplus of 115  million francs (£78 million).

Platini said: “Mr Blatter informed me when I started my role as his adviser that it was not initially possible to pay the totality of my salary because of Fifa’s financial situation. The fact that this payment was made a few months before the Fifa presidential elections is irrelevant since I never had any plans of becoming a candidate.”

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...l-Platini-Fifa-was-too-hard-up-to-pay-me.html

tumblr_inline_nle0s1vdpl1sn2cms.gif

FIFA_Revenue.png

Platini must be some fella if he can afford to wait nine years to be paid 1.3 million. No interest either. What a guy. Surprised he isn't up for a Nobel Peace Prize...

how can a guy (who, by the way, incidentally and unrelated,voted for the Qatar World Cup, and who's son in law has a high paid job at a Qatari holding company that involves no actual work) afford to not get paid for that long?

In some ways it helps for Blatter to hold on. I'd be afraid some of the investigations would be shelved if he was gone, especially the Swiss one. I suspect they are only investigating because he has become such an embarrassment and that if he was gone they could go back to normal business.

FIFA's ethics committee have apparently decided to suspend Sepp Blatter, Michel Platini and Jerome Valcke for 90 days. The suspension can be extended by another 45 days.

Blatter, platini and Valcke all suspended. brick hitting fan official.

When did platini receive his 1+ million in deferred fees, was it around the same time as the vote for the 2018 and 2022 world chps?

Blatter, platini and Valcke all suspended. brick hitting fan official.

When did platini receive his 1+ million in deferred fees, was it around the same time as the vote for the 2018 and 2022 world chps?

It was just prior to Blatter's previous re-election campaign.

Back