• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Expectations for Season 2015-16

Lot of negativity about spurs at the moment....hard to have decent expectations at the minute....

just imagine if we can fluke a win vs utd.....finally pack off Ade and get some decent signings in. the mood would quickly change.

5th or 6th in the league, another good season from Kane, somewhere close to 10 goals for Eric. Reach atleast the semi's of the Europa.

Based on pre-season, what I would really like to see

- A dedicated cup team, Walker/Trippier, Dier, Wimmer, Davies, Carroll, Mason/Alli, Pritchard, etc all getting significant time

It seems that we are not aiming for 4th this year as evidenced by lack of spending compared to the other top 6 teams. Expecting a building year with young players getting the experience, improve their skills, and become the foundation for the next seasons. Also expecting the team to start playing more cohesively on both sides of the field.

It seems that we are not aiming for 4th this year as evidenced by lack of spending compared to the other top 6 teams. Expecting a building year with young players getting the experience, improve their skills, and become the foundation for the next seasons. Also expecting the team to start playing more cohesively on both sides of the field.

There's more to it than simply spending for the sake of spending.

Are you guessing or using a crystal ball?

Well not so much a prediction but based on pre season, transfers and the first game (and based on last season) I just struggle to see where we are going.

We don't seem to have a fixed style of play and then there is the transfer policy of letting players go, which I don't disagree with except now having to play Dier in midfield. The reason I highlight Dier is that its an example of where I think we are going backwards now. The team seems to have no fixed identity....

If Poch can deliver a second successive 5th placed finish that'd be fantastic in my mind with the players at his disposal and the magnitude of difference between us and the top 4. I'd actually be disappointed with 6th as Liverpool are significantly weaker than last season.

My expectations are that we will be tighter defensively, Kane won't be as prolific and much will depend on who the number 2 striker is .If we are not still in the conversation for 3-4th in April then I will be disappointed. We have some level of stability and the players and team should be better than last year.

Well not so much a prediction but based on pre season, transfers and the first game (and based on last season) I just struggle to see where we are going.

We don't seem to have a fixed style of play and then there is the transfer policy of letting players go, which I don't disagree with except now having to play Dier in midfield. The reason I highlight Dier is that its an example of where I think we are going backwards now. The team seems to have no fixed identity....
Let's be a bit patient with Dier. As I said in another post, just because we bought him as a CB doesn't mean there might not be a quality DM in him. It's not like he completely fudged up in that role in his first competitive match. Let's not forget where Bale started from and where he ended up and in Dier's case we're talking about two positions that are oh so close to each other.

If Poch can deliver a second successive 5th placed finish that'd be fantastic in my mind with the players at his disposal and the magnitude of difference between us and the top 4. I'd actually be disappointed with 6th as Liverpool are significantly weaker than last season.

How so?

No Sterling. Bogdan as back up cracks me up. Henderson replacing Gerrard cracks me up too. Benteke up top was a poor signing especially for £30m plus IMO.

Milner is an ok signing but none are going to take the from 6th to even 5th let alone 4th!!!!

No Sterling. Bogdan as back up cracks me up. Henderson replacing Gerrard cracks me up too. Benteke up top was a poor signing especially for £30m plus IMO.

Milner is an ok signing but none are going to take the from 6th to even 5th let alone 4th!!!!

I really wish I could share your optimism! I think they're our main challengers for fifth.

Not sure I agree with them being weaker, but I do not think they are any better either ( at first glance).

Sterling and Gerrards contribution last season was not very high, imv, Henderson is already better than SG has been for a while now and I'm not sure why his rep is still so low. Benteke and Firmino could easily cover Sterlings output last season and then some. Milner is a solid signing who can only improve them- Bogdans a laughable backup GK but in all likelihood will hardly play

Their defence is still weak though but overall I think at worst they are on par (on paper) and it's quite possible they end up having improved.

Sterling and Gerrards contribution last season was not very high, imv, Henderson is already better than SG has been for a while now and I'm not sure why his rep is still so low. Benteke and Firmino could easily cover Sterlings output last season and then some. Milner is a solid signing who can only improve them- Bogdans a laughable backup GK but in all likelihood will hardly play

Their defence is still weak though but overall I think at worst they are on par (on paper) and it's quite possible they end up having improved.

Making Henderson club captain fills me with so much Joy as they truly believe he is the next Gerrard. He may be an ok midfielder but they needed someone to come in and replace Gerrard of old. You can't just think replacing an over the hill Gerrard is good enough if you want to challenge for top 4 you have to strive to get someone in as good, if not better, than Gerrard in his prime.

Their defence is shaky as you say, Mignolet and Bogdan makes me smile and £30m on Benteke to bang in 8-10 league goals is side splitting. They are bang average and I'm loving it.

Mid to lower table. Club will continue to be a disgusting piece of brick promoting brick sportswear and pay day loan shark lenders.

Ashley OUT.

Just wanted to go back to my expectations for this season. I have to say that I'm pleasantly surprised. Although we're not yet beating the teams we're supposed to beat, we have outplayed every team so far and that gives me hope that the results will come.

1. First of all, consistency. Beat the teams we're supposed to beat. That's the reason the scum finish above us every year, not because they win the big games. - still not there yet, but the performances suggest we'll get there

2. If we manage to do 1, then 70 points should be achievable. A sprinkle of decent results against the scum, Pool, the Mancs, and Chelski and top 4 may not be as farfetched as it sounds. - we outplayed both Mancs so far, and deserved better against Yanited

3. Breakout season for Lamela. - looks to be on track

4. Alli, Pritchard, or both proving they're all they're cranked up to be. - oh yeah!

5. Allow 10 fewer goals. - defense looking solid

If it sounds like a lot, it isn't. And if most of the above happen, a trophy or CL might be there for us at the end of the season.

Back