• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Expectations for Season 2015-16

Agree. 3 x 5th/6th (so long as 6th = EL) and 1 or 2 cup wins, combined with attractive football and the continued emergence of young players under the stability of our current coach, will be a great next 3 years

The big curve ball will be if (as looks likely) England loses its 4th CL spot to Italy. That will really smash the Sky 4 cartel and put at least one of them in serious trouble.

Is this really going to happen? I bet that is when we start finishing 4th haha.

Its on the cards with the way the current top 4 perform, it will be like how Sky now treat it.....MLS getting bigger headlines!

If there is anyone...please come forward. Interested to here what their current concerns are.

@metalgear is the only person I can think of that gives some kind of suggestion that he isn't happy in his posts, although that might not be the case as he's never explicitly said it. His posts just give the impression he thinks Poch should be doing better.

I predicted 6th but here the rest of what I said...
I'd like to see something resembling a pattern of play that is relatively consistent throughout the season. Bonus points for getting those players that are clearly under performing to step up to the next level.
I think Poch has clearly ticked those two boxes.

It's impossible to quantify, especially at this stage of the season. We don't really know much about how we or any other team will line up.

As always: Aim for 70+ points and take cup games as they come.

Specifically for this season would be to see improvements in players and the team compared to the previous one as we're seeing some stability.

Pretty much spot on. Next season I'm hoping to breach 2 ppg, 76 points.

1. First of all, consistency. Beat the teams we're supposed to beat. That's the reason the scum finish above us every year, not because they win the big games.

2. If we manage to do 1, then 70 points should be achievable. A sprinkle of decent results against the scum, Pool, the Mancs, and Chelski and top 4 may not be as farfetched as it sounds.

3. Breakout season for Lamela.

4. Alli, Pritchard, or both proving they're all they're cranked up to be.

5. Allow 10 fewer goals.

6. Finish above Leicester.

If it sounds like a lot, it isn't. And if most of the above happen, a trophy or CL might be there for us at the end of the season.
Check
Check
Check
Check
Check
Oops

OK, I didn't really have #6 in my original list. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
I think we just about performed on par with what was expected of us last year. Perhaps even slightly better having got to a cup final and finished above Liverpool.

If everyone performed to what is expected of them right now we would finish 6th. Anything above is performing better than expected.

We should certainly aim for top 4, and try and win a cup. Both are not impossible. If we repeated what we achieved last season it wouldn't be a success or a failure. It would be about where we should be and I don't see this season as being any different in terms of expectancy.

We can only realistically expect to challenge that top 4 once we get the revenue from the new stadium.

The top 4 right now look pretty formidable. Especially if United continue to spend the way they are.

What is generally expected:

1) Chelsea
2) Arsenal
3) Emirates Marketing Project
4) Man Utd
5) Liverpool
6) Spurs

Ha! The f*** do I know

Reactions: quo
I think I have resigned myself to the fact that we are going to have really just attempt at standing still rather than going forward and trying to maintain the position in the pecking order that we are likely to have which is in all probability, 6th place come next May. I don't have a massive issue with that for the next couple of seasons provided we have a real go at winning one of the trophies on offer and make progress to the latter stages in them all tbh. The spend on players and said players that have been purchased by the top 4 means we are nowhere near finishing in a CL position imo which means we have to be serious about the cups as that is the only thing that might prevent some of our better talent being poached before we get a chance to have the new stadium built.

I would like to see another 4 players in - 2 Forwards, a Winger/Wide Forward and a Defensive minded CM. If we can get them then we can a good season across the board and be a little closer to the top 4 overall.

Overall Expectations provided we sign the players for those positions that I feel are important: 5th/6th place finish in the league, Q/F and beyond in all Cups with a possibility of winning one of them, A more compact team unit conceding around 10 less goals over the course of a season, More competitive home and away against the 5 teams likely to be above us, A continuation and consistent display of the generally at times attractive, high pressing style that we saw last season in flashes.

More or less exceeded my expectations. The quarter final in all cups fell by the way side because we challenged for the league rather than just top 4. Be interesting to see what expectations are in July for 2016/17

Back