• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Expectations for Season 2015-16

LutonSpurs

Eric Dear
What does everyone feel we should achieve this season with it being Pochs second season in charge, a full pre-season with no major tournaments, a trimmed squad with a younger look, with the stadium announcements?

I will not add a poll as I prefer discussions personally.

I want us to be no more than 6-9 points behind the leaders at the turn of the year .

I want us to challenge all the way for 4th spot.

I want us to win the FA Cup and by doing so, stop the scum from winning it three times in a row. Beating them in the process would be sexy.

I need to see Lamela and Soldado (if still here) score some goals.

I want to see good performances from the younger players and from the new signings when called upon.

I expect our defending to vastly improve.

5th or 6th, less losses at home to brick teams like Stoke and Saudi Sportswashing Machine.

Another cup final but a win this time.

Better defending and only 5 comical goals/giveaways this season.

It's impossible to quantify, especially at this stage of the season. We don't really know much about how we or any other team will line up.

As always: Aim for 70+ points and take cup games as they come.

Specifically for this season would be to see improvements in players and the team compared to the previous one as we're seeing some stability.

As I don't think we will get anywhere near top four or winning a cup ( although I sincerely hope I am wrong) the three things I want to see this season are,

1. Progress
2. Entertainment
3. Excitement

I was interested to read RVP's comments about SAF in this weeks Sunday Times:
"Sometimes he would come into the dressing room at half time and say " boys, where do I start? It's boring! Imagine me, 72 years old watching that kind of game?
"he'd say ' Excite me. Try a pass over 40 metres. Try a dribble. I don't care if it goes wrong. I want to sit on the edge of my chair. Please excite me. And make the game quicker, please.' He was a genius"

United came from behind 26 times that season and won the PL.

Now if that's good enough for SAF, the most successful manager in English history, that will do me. No more turgidity, please.

Last edited:
Jack Wheelchair to walk out at WHL holding an olive branch.

West Hams owners to publicly admit they Love Daniel Levy

Disbelief amongst the big spending clubs as Kane, Bentaleb Lamela Eriksen & co play a brand of swashbuckling football that see's us crowned champions.

Thatll do.

In all seriousness I think Wiziwig has it pretty nailed on as to how I feel....Much depends on these 1-2 players coming in I guess.

Play reserves/youth in the Europa up to knock-out, League Cup up to final, then go all out for the remainder. Target the FA Cup. We can concentrate on the league if we do that, and see where we come. And win the North London Cup again of course.

Top 6 and a good cup run, anything on top of that is a bonus.

6th is par I think. Anything above that and we have overachieved.

You only have to look at the money spent by City, Utd and Liverpool so far, pressure is on them clubs to deliver and a ball hasnt even been kicked yet. The pressure is on Arsenal this season to produce a decent title bid too. (we all know they generally crack when pressure is on them)

Let them teams have all the limelight, we can go about our season and you never know maybe we will overachieve in the league and win a cup (we can all dream)

I want to see the pressing and the quick vertical transitions which means we catch teams unaware and play fast fluid footy.

I want to see unity in the squad.

I want to us to achieve above the level we are spending but do not see us breaking the top 4. Chelsea, City, Utd and Arsenal have better players than us and all have top draw coaches.

I would love the FA cup

71 points in the PL so that we are 'first cab off the rank' should any of the established top 4 have a shocker (which I can't see)

WIN a Cup!! Kind draw permitting (i.e take Woolwich's number) we should expect to get to at least an FA C SF and no reason not to get to Capital One Cup SF.

Progress in the Europa (if we can't progress in this what's the point of the CL?) - i.e. QF at least.

100 goals in all comps and to score in every PL home game is achievable and would mean we played attacking and entertaining football.

'It is better to fail aiming high than to succeed aiming low - Billy Nick.

I can live with not being in the top four but let's not settle for 6th or 5th before a ball has even been kicked!

Premier League - fight for fourth - top five finish.
FA Cup - Minimum Quarter Finals
Capital One Cup - Minimum Semi Finals
Europa League - Minimum Semi Finals

COYS.

Anything could happen. I wouldn't like to quantify it in terms of results, points, cups etc... Bradford tonked Cheatski last year but nobody wants Mark Yeates back at the Lane and Cheatski went on to have a 'fairly decent' year... I would like us to shift the deadwood and bring in some genuinely exciting talent and play in an appealing manner. I like good players, but I really loathe the parasites sucking blood from the club.

Above all I want to see a recruitment policy which brings the right players in more often than not, that is the best way to progress, regardless of this years' results.

Play reserves/youth in the Europa up to knock-out, League Cup up to final, then go all out for the remainder. Target the FA Cup. We can concentrate on the league if we do that, and see where we come. And win the North London Cup again of course.

Not a bad shout.

Back