• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Europa League 2012-13 - QF: Basel (SUI)

Re: Europa League 2012-13 - Panathinaikos, Lazio, Maribor

37 quid seems to be the cheapest ticket going, which means even if just for me, staying on someone's sofa the trip would be around £130 in total, and that's without splashing out by any means. For a Europa group home game. Obviously crazy train prices don't help but looks like it'll mainly be northwest away games for myself this season.

37 quid seems to be the cheapest ticket going, which means even if just for me, staying on someone's sofa the trip would be around £130 in total, and that's without splashing out by any means. For a Europa group home game. Obviously crazy train prices don't help but looks like it'll mainly be northwest away games for myself this season.

Know the feeling mate. Its getting a dear do. These rising petrol prices dont help either, seems to sneek up 1p every time I fill up.
Budget cant stretch to all 3 Europa games, but defintely going to make at least one of the group games.

5 numbers on the lottery one weekend soon would be a big help..[-o<

Are you going to apply for Carlisle if they get to Members at the weekend?

Whilst i agree with the concept, I can understand the thought process behind them not doing it.

The cups are very unpredictable, the big teams might not win them, they want the big teams in the CL for the £££.

They are. Just think, Portsmouth could have been in the Champions League a few years ago.

Defintiely agree that the Europa League winners should be granted a place in CL. But I am also against teams dropping out of the CL and getting a 2nd bite at European football, espcecially those finishing 3rd in the groups. I mean they've already had 6 games, some even more, why should they they get rewarded by being offered another shot at Euro glory?

Just booked my flights to/from Rome, pretty excited \o/ Flying out on the wednesday morning with Sleezyjet and back on the friday evening with Monarch. Should be a great laugh, really looking forward to it

europa trip to rome with the club ie 1 night trip

for a 1 day trip with thomas crook via the club

flying in and out of heathrow it costs WAIT FOR IT

Total Package Price: £ 437.50

Av. Price per person: £ 438.00

First Night: Thursday, 22nd November 2012

Nights: 1

DOING YOUR OWN TRIP

I NIGHT AT SAME HOTEL COSTS £96.OO

FLIGHT WITH ALITALIA COST

Departure fare £ 110.93
Return fare £ 66.30
Sales service £ 3.00
Total £ 180.23

TOTAL COST £276.23

SAVING £161

tinkle TAKING FCUKERS AS WE ALL KNOW

Re: europa trip to rome with the club ie 1 night trip

Doesn't their cost include match ticket, transfers etc though?

They'd make a hole in the £161 saving....

Know the feeling mate. Its getting a dear do. These rising petrol prices dont help either, seems to sneek up 1p every time I fill up.
Budget cant stretch to all 3 Europa games, but defintely going to make at least one of the group games.

5 numbers on the lottery one weekend soon would be a big help..[-o<

Are you going to apply for Carlisle if they get to Members at the weekend?

I was considering it, the missus wants me to take her to a game but the issue is being stuck in Carlisle on the Wednesday, when I might have uni/work the next day, there aren't too many trains back to liverpool either. Can't really see a game that's too viable until the Everton away game in December unfortunately, unless I'm going to London for another reason...Plus Everton away last year was a properly brick game, and Pienaar's nailed on for a hatrick anyway haha...

Panathinaikos day trip (inc match ticket) £329
Maribor day trip (inc ticket) £315
Lazio day trip & ticket £279
Lazio overnight & ticket £399

£161 isn't a massive profit in the grand scheme of things.. TC are a profit making organisation after all

Last edited:

halsteadyid says you can do the trip your self for £276

Thomas Cook are doing it in conjection with the club at £399 (£123 more) but that also includes the price of the tickets & transfers (what would they cost? £40 for the two?).

Not really a HUGE amount in it really.

Panathinaikos day trip (inc match ticket) £329
Maribor day trip (inc ticket) £315
Lazio day trip & ticket £279
Lazio overnight & ticket £399
That always upsets me when (if) there's a certain number kept back for the Thomas Cook jobby and I know there's no way I'm going to get a ticket with my LPs given how small the allocation is. May just have to look into a day trip to Maribor then.....

That always upsets me when (if) there's a certain number kept back for the Thomas Cook jobby and I know there's no way I'm going to get a ticket with my LPs given how small the allocation is. May just have to look into a day trip to Maribor then.....

To be fair, it does have this caveat at the end

Match ticket may be subject to qualifying criteria set by the club.

no way there'll be enough demand for a plane load to slovenia. 90% of those with enough LPs will make their own way out there.

To be fair, it does have this caveat at the end

Match ticket may be subject to qualifying criteria set by the club.
This is true, but (and I could be letting the sands of time blur my memory), the LP requirement for the Thomas Cook trip (at least the ones that haven't been cancelled) has always been lower than the ticket only option direct with the club.

Mind you, looks all a bit academic for me as I'll probably have to be in Cape Town on business around then. Could be worse!

The Slovenia trip for hubby & son will take 5 days & involves visiting 5 countries other than UK !! And still cheaper than the official trip. Just wish I was going too

James - how much you paying for your flights ??

From the official site.....looks like they have taken a leaf out of our OMT rules....Spurs always first

Tottenham Hotspur vs Panathinaikos FC
Thursday 4 October, Kick Off 7.00pm (Local Time)
OAKA Stadium, Athens

ticket price is not included. It also costs 4 euros to get the terravison bus into rome. 1 euro on metro 9.5 euros on train 40 euros in a sherbert divide by 4 that comes to 10 euros 20 euros each if you do a cab in and out so your still saving over a long one ( £ 100 ) i would rather do my own thing then be moved around like sheep then give the club / thomas crook more money .

my trip has cost me for 2 nights £153 2 flights out of gatwick and £180 for a hotel for 2 nights total cost is£333 which still comes in less then what the club are charging by

even bringing in other costs ie public transport getting in and out of rome i am still saving around £80 ( not far off 100 euros in my bin not the clubs or thomas crook and that then goes on beer and food

Back