• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Europa League 2012-13 - QF: Basel (SUI)

Totting Them Up

Kevin Dearden
Only ourselves to blame. Don't look at Arse, don't look at Chelsea. It was in our hands, ours. We need to look at what we did, not what others did.

---

GroupWinnerRunner Up
ALiverpoolAnzhi
BViktoria PlzenAtletico Madrid
CFenerbacheMönchengladbach
DBordeauxSaudi Sportswashing Machine
ESteauaStuttgart
FDniproNapoli
GGenkBasel
HRubin KazanInter
ILyonSparta Praha
JLazioTottenham
KMetalist KharkivBayer Leverkusen
LHannoverLevante
CLBenficaAjax
CLChelseaBATE Borisov
CLClujDynamo Kiev
CLOlympiakosZenit

In the round of 32 you can't draw a team from the same country as yourself or the one from your group.

In the round of 16 there are no restrictions or seedings.

Draw is 20 December

Our players let us down, it's time to bounce back next season, to turn the pain in to glory and ensure that we finish top 3! We are certainly capable of finishing that highly, if we can keep as many of our top players as possible and build upon our squad.

I'm annoyed that we won't sign players of the quality that perhaps we could have if we had secured qualification to the CL.

Pot 1 coef.
------------------------ --- ----------------
Atl?®tico Madrid (TH) Esp 100.837
Chelsea Eng>134.857
Internazionale *3 Ita 104.996
Liverpool *3 Eng >90.857
Olympique Lyon Fra 94.835
Olympique Marseille *3 Fra 85.835
Sporting CP Lisbon (*4) Por 82.069
CSKA Moscow Rus 80.566
PSV Eindhoven Ned 76.103
Bayer Leverkusen Ger >60.003
FC Twente Enschede * Ned 57.103
-

I ASSUME we will get Cheatski's spot and our coefficient should see us quite comfortably in the top seeds.

I would like to see us win the tournament but I can understand youth and reserve players playing the group games for us. I think a Europa League Final would remain a great night for the club irrespective of the devaluation of the Europa League.

I would like to see us win the tournament but I can understand youth and reserve players playing the group games for us. I think a Europa League Final would remain a great night for the club irrespective of the devaluation of the Europa League.

We have to get at least to the last 16 to replace the co-efficient points we will lose from the 5 year turn over for next season. Absolutely vital that we keep those points up to make sure we are continually as high in seedings as we can be.

Pot 1 coef.
------------------------ --- ----------------
Atl?®tico Madrid (TH) Esp 100.837
Chelsea Eng>134.857
Internazionale *3 Ita 104.996
Liverpool *3 Eng >90.857
Olympique Lyon Fra 94.835
Olympique Marseille *3 Fra 85.835
Sporting CP Lisbon (*4) Por 82.069
CSKA Moscow Rus 80.566
PSV Eindhoven Ned 76.103
Bayer Leverkusen Ger >60.003
FC Twente Enschede * Ned 57.103
-

I ASSUME we will get Cheatski's spot and our coefficient should see us quite comfortably in the top seeds.
Which means we will get a group full of no-name sides (probably), fail to turn up in most of the games, and end up knocked out by Christmas. I reckon if we got drawn in a "Group of Death" the club would be more bothered. Oh well. Another couple of "exotic" trips next season.

Agree with the OP statement, now to think ahead.

Interesting to see which players will still be with us next season (notice I don't say start, because of the late window closing things can change at the 11.59th hour). If we have kept our top players and made some changes here and there, we should try to win it.

But it won't be Arry's focus.

GHod knows how this competition works. Except that it means playing Thursday nights and, as we know, teams that play on Thursday nights, are on Sunday fudging brick.

gonad*s. brick and all. Yet again we are on the second tier, looking up at our London rivals in the Champions League. When will this ever end? I thought back in Jan we were a shoe in at least for the Champs League.

Agree with the OP statement, now to think ahead.

Interesting to see which players will still be with us next season (notice I don't say start, because of the late window closing things can change at the 11.59th hour). If we have kept our top players and made some changes here and there, we should try to win it.

But it won't be Arry's focus.
And right so, frankly. It pains me to say it, but the way football's gone in recent years, there is no other place to be than the Champions League if you want to play European football. I fudging hate saying that, because I remember what it used to be like, but the Europa feels distinctly second rate. Worse. It's a sad and damning indictment. A real shame.

fudge this competition. Our participation in it will be tainted by the fact we were shafted into it against out will by Chelsea, the .best team in europe'.

We should at least just fudging go for it this time. Forget about Champions League, and just try to win this fudging Mickey Mouse cup. Seriously.

It's not mickey mouse.

Bilbao destroyed Manchester United and they lost to Athletico Madrid.

I know, but no one will ever take it seriously. We could've won the cup, and no-one would've really cared but ourselves. But for that reason, we should just go for it. fudge me, this is a sad day for football.

If we go for the EL there's no way we'll manage to finish in the top 4. It'll kill our PL season. Sorry but we gotta play the squad players in the EL again.

Back