• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Europa League 2012-13 - QF: Basel (SUI)

Re: Europa League 2012-13 - Panathinaikos, Lazio, Maribor

Exactly. Milan was no worries at all from what I saw and I was in Duomo Square nearly all day tbh before the game with AC Milan. I also sat with Milan fans and watched the game and I have tbh, my behaviour and the things I was saying........No way would an Italian have got away with that in the home areas at Spurs so to my mind they were pretty accomodating.

Lazio fans, I Imagine, will not be able to resist having a crack at the English. It will be seen as a badge of honour and I wouldn't be surprised if some Roma come out to have a crack at both sets of fans.

I didnt even think of the Roma fans. Good point though.

The trouble is that Athens is more expensive to do from what I've seen. I'm not sure how the Spurs fans were treated in Salonika last season, but Panathanaikos are hardly a mild bunch! I know what you mean about Lazio, though. I would say you have to keep your head down and blend in, but that doesn't always work when you're travelling abroad to some of these places.
Pretty good, but there were so few in town for that game it wasn't like a mass gathering in Milan!

I agree Rome is likely to be more tasty, but we've always had this kind of doubt before - Besiktas was never thought of as an easy place to go. Same with Krakow. And Donetsk.

Oh, and let's not forget the police in Seville..... I might be more worried about the Carabinieri and their views on crowd control..... can't recall whether it was the Carabinieri or the Polizia that gave the United fans all those baton charges a few years ago? In Milan I thought they were very accommodating on the whole. Maybe it's just the Milan-Rome difference after all?!

Ahhh, you're getting me worried! Was this separately or did you collect your tickets at the turnstiles or something?

Just concerned that I go all the way out to Rome and don't get into the bloody ground.

I had to show my passport too. Its because I booked in the neutral stand, wasnt part of the Spurs official. My mate had to as well. Firstly when we picked up the tickets, secondly on entering the ground. We booked the tickets on the Inter Milan website.

I had to show my passport too. Its because I booked in the neutral stand, wasnt part of the Spurs official. My mate had to as well. Firstly when we picked up the tickets, secondly on entering the ground. We booked the tickets on the Inter Milan website.
Ahh, so it wasn't because you had tickets in the Spurs end then? Maybe that's protocol. You've given me a bit of hope now!

The trouble is that Athens is more expensive to do from what I've seen. I'm not sure how the Spurs fans were treated in Salonika last season, but Panathanaikos are hardly a mild bunch! I know what you mean about Lazio, though. I would say you have to keep your head down and blend in, but that doesn't always work when you're travelling abroad to some of these places.

Im going to go via Aegean from Heathrow and stay in a fairly nice hotel in the centre of Athens (acropolis area) for around £310 all in. Not a bad price really all things considered.

Lazio is a Cat C. Ie, £37 to £42 plus the ridiculous fees.

Home game i mean. Yes - official.

Ah ok, literally checked the site 30 seconds ago and saw nothing of the sort. Cat C should see a lower tier ticket being £31/£32 in the North/South.

Ah ok, literally checked the site 30 seconds ago and saw nothing of the sort. Cat C should see a lower tier ticket being £31/£32 in the North/South.

Yes, i meant £32 to £47 NOT £37 to £42. Oops.

AVB didn't rotate a great deal when Porto won the Europa did he? We can rotate in most positions except for Benny - I know Naughton can play there but he'll be playing at RB. Upfront is a problem as well, there's little point just playing Defoe on his own so Ade will probably have to play too.

AVB didn't rotate a great deal when Porto won the Europa did he? We can rotate in most positions except for Benny - I know Naughton can play there but he'll be playing at RB. Upfront is a problem as well, there's little point just playing Defoe on his own so Ade will probably have to play too.

Wonder if Coulibaly might get a spot on the bench?

Maribor is a two hour train from Zagreb apparently

Maribor is a two hour train from Zagreb apparently
Graz is about half the distance (yes, I did check for possible routings last week when the draw was made!), but probably a one-stop hop, whereas Zagreb you could go direct from London.

Bit academic for me as the allocation will be so small so I don't think I'll get a ticket.

i definitely won't be getting one via my ST - still though always the chance of picking one up out there - always surprises me how many people offer their tickets away when there are other forms of entertainment on offer :lol:

We don't have to change all 11 players to rotate, in fact I would prefer it if we didn't as it normally ends with us playing like crap.

Naughton can play one game left back and one game right back for example, giving him game time, resting Walker and BAE for one game each while keeping one of them around to get some consistency in the EL as well.

And we have Dempsey who can play up-front quite well going by reports, in addition to Sig and Dembele who both have played there at times and should be able to do well against a team like Maribor assuming that the rest of the team isn't all reserves and youth players.

i definitely won't be getting one via my ST - still though always the chance of picking one up out there - always surprises me how many people offer their tickets away when there are other forms of entertainment on offer :lol:
Apparently for a lot of England games some people start giving giving their tickets away when they get too tinkled!

Back