• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Europa League 2012-13 - QF: Basel (SUI)

Chelsea will win this and become the first club in history to win all 3 European cups. It's a tragedy really, football has no soul any more.

Some of our fans seem to think that is a price worth paying if it means that we finish in the top 4... a sad reflection on modern football.

Some of our fans seem to think that is a price worth paying if it means that we finish in the top 4... a sad reflection on modern football.

If given a straight choice I'd take CL qualification over winning a cup, but seeing Chelsea (or City) win things is just sickening.

I'm not sure if anyone has mentioned it yet, but all four UEFA Europa League Semi-Finalists are Champions League drop-outs.

There is something fundamentally flawed with the current structure of the competition.

I'm not sure if anyone has mentioned it yet, but all four UEFA Europa League Semi-Finalists are Champions League drop-outs.

There is something fundamentally flawed with the current structure of the competition.

no wonder people mock this competition........how the feck can you get a comp that always failure to be a winner,what other comp allows two bites at the cherry and they want the winner to have an entry in the champs league as well.

I disagree, I think it's a good thing. Although somewhat coincidental I think this exemplifies that the drop outs from the CL are very good sides that improve the level of competition in the EL overall by a significant margin. The tournament would have way lower viewing figures, the level of play would be lower and it would be less interesting without the CL drop outs.

It makes it harder to win the tournament for teams like us who are in it from the start. But overall I don't see that as an issue.

the issue is they've qualfied for the champs league through their league position or in chelskis case winners after finishing 6th which is fair and proper why then after after 6 games to try to get through to the next stage they get another go in winning something after failing in another competition.........they don't do it in the heineken rugby.

all sides complain their is too many games in the europa so what do uefa do add more sides in to extend the competition!!!

I disagree, I think it's a good thing. Although somewhat coincidental I think this exemplifies that the drop outs from the CL are very good sides that improve the level of competition in the EL overall by a significant margin. The tournament would have way lower viewing figures, the level of play would be lower and it would be less interesting without the CL drop outs.

It makes it harder to win the tournament for teams like us who are in it from the start. But overall I don't see that as an issue.
What it really shows is the gonad*s that UEFA have made with the competitions. This is why the UEFA Cup was the tournament it once was, because you had the sides finishing second and third in the domestic leagues playing in the UEFA Cup. Now you have them qualifying for the Champions League, and then dropping out (unless you happen to be Emirates Marketing Project - ha ha). So in some respects, it hasn't really changed, but structurally, what a total gonad*s-up. May as well just do away with the Europa League, and have one massive European competition.

the issue is they've qualfied for the champs league through their league position or in chelskis case winners after finishing 6th which is fair and proper why then after after 6 games to try to get through to the next stage they get another go in winning something after failing in another competition.........they don't do it in the heineken rugby.

all sides complain their is too many games in the europa so what do uefa do add more sides in to extend the competition!!!

If one of those exclamation marks was supposed to be a question mark, they do it to increase the quality of the competition.

I know its wrong, but if Chelsea do win but don't make top 4 it would be splendid.

Benitez would get another notch on his belt, yet leave the club missing out on Champs League and then they'd have to celebrate winning the comp they were trying so hard to avoid qualifying for next season (and will be able to defend their title next season for good measure).

Bit ridiculous counting Basel and Fenerbahce as Champion's League Drop outs.
They never made it into the Champion's league and they've played 12 games each already in the Europa League.

Of the 8 teams that actually dropped into the Champion's League after Christmas into the round of 32, 6 of them went straight out of the Europa League.

Back