• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Europa League 2012-13 - QF: Basel (SUI)

Re: Europa League 2012-13 - Panathinaikos, Lazio, Maribor

If that happens they'll have to have a look at the max number of teams allowed from one football association.
Can't have our situation from last season happen every year.

True. The four new teams would have to go in somewhere as well, some nations may lose European places to begin with.

True. The four new teams would have to go in somewhere as well, some nations may lose European places to begin with.

Cant see it happening, potentially could open a real can of worms.

If it were in force this season for example. Say Liverpool,Spurs and Newacstle all get to the semi-finals, dont the rules say you cant have more than 4 clubs from any one league?
In which case 2nd,3rd and 4th place in the PL wouldnt qualify for next seasons Champions League. Those clubs would go barmy.
And surely they cant change the rules and let those 3 additonal English clubs (if it happened) to allow in the qualifying rounds. If they did, I'd be pretty tinkled off they didnt do it this season with the Tottenham 4th/Chelsea champions sceanrio...if you see where I'm coming from with all that

Dynamo Kiev, Olympiakos, Zenit and Ajax drop into the EL.

Ajax will be unseeded. The seeding of the other 3 depends on the results from the groups tomorrow, although I'd expect Dynamo Kiev & Zenit St Petersburg to also be unseeded.

Other than Zenit, if we play our full team and we are healthy, I don't foresee much of a problem with the other three UCL drop-"down" teams.

i'd love if it we get Ajax, that Peter Herbert chaps head would explode

'd love if it we get Ajax, that Peter Herbert chaps head would explode

If we draw Ajax, here come the coffee-shops, it won't just be Peter Herbert's head which explodes!

From the CL:

Seeded: Chelsea, Olympiakos, Benfica, Cluj
Unseeded: Ajax, Dynamo Kiev, BATE Borisov, Zenit

GroupWinnerRunner Up
AAnzhiLiverpool*
BAtletico MadridViktoria Plzen
CFenerbacheMönchengladbach
DBordeauxSaudi Sportswashing Machine
ESteaua*Stuttgart*
FDniproNapoli
GGenkBasel*
HRubin KazanInter
ILyonSparta Praha
JLazioTottenham*
KMetalist KharkivBayer Leverkusen
LHannoverLevante
CLBenficaAjax
CLChelseaBATE Borisov
CLClujDynamo Kiev
CLOlympiakosZenit

Teams in bold have secured their final position in their groups, while teams with an * are not guaranteed to go through.

^ Genk have qualified for the knockout phase.

Yes, but i assume they might come 1st or 2nd. Bold is for teams that are definitely 1st or definitely 2nd in their respective group.

"teams with an * are not guaranteed to go through." - but Genk are.

Yes they are. That shouldn't have been there.

Probably slightly better to win the group, but there are some really tricky teams among in the unseeded pot as well. Should we win I fancy us to get Inter. Finish second and we'll get one of those Eastern European ones I think.

Back