• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Europa League 2012-13 - QF: Basel (SUI)

If we go for the EL there's no way we'll manage to finish in the top 4. It'll kill our PL season. Sorry but we gotta play the squad players in the EL again.

I think we need to mix and match. Not be quite as weak as we were this season but not play our strongest side the group phase. Sensible rotation is the key, take 3-4 players out of the side each game and rotate people in rather than having a completely different 11 just purely for the Europa League.

fudge the top 4, we won't get into the Champions League anyway. We should all just forget about it, just play football, see where we end up, and give it our best in every single game, including Europea League. Let's face it, it's not going to get any easier next season to get 4th.

Play Squad players in group stage.

If we get through then play strong sides.

This!

Think we need to go for it this time unlike last time we didnt seem bothered at all and look where we ended up? There was a point where we were seen as possible favourites for the EL but threw it away in search of CL football and ended up missing out.

So I think we should just go for ALL competitions and see what happens... Who knows we may even get silverware?. Coz we give gooners stick for 7 yrs no trophies but we've had 5 now. Bout time we won something

The club needs to win something, will just be a bunch of heartless bottling cowards otherwise.

This!

Think we need to go for it this time unlike last time we didnt seem bothered at all and look where we ended up? There was a point where we were seen as possible favourites for the EL but threw it away in search of CL football and ended up missing out.

So I think we should just go for ALL competitions and see what happens... Who knows we may even get silverware?. Coz we give gooners stick for 7 yrs no trophies but we've had 5 now. Bout time we won something

Mate, we've had 50 years without the only thing that really matters, and that's being English league champions.

Last edited:
A good manager should be able to both rotate effectively and put out strong sides every week. Sir Alex does it. Arsene does it. Antonio Conte does it. Jurgen Klopp does it. Rene Girard does it. Carlo Ancelotti does it. Roberto Di Matteo does it.

Does Harry?

The club needs to win something, will just be a bunch of heartless bottling cowards otherwise.

exactly, to create a winning mentality and build on it year after year

all this recent cheatski success started with Fa cup wins,a cup winners cup win,i think a league cup win, then RA came in and they had the money to go for the big prizes....but the mentality of the club had already been changed before RA came in, and its what needs to happen at Spurs.

A good manager should be able to both rotate effectively and put out strong sides every week. Sir Alex does it. Arsene does it. Antonio Conte does it. Jurgen Klopp does it. Rene Girard does it. Carlo Ancelotti does it. Roberto Di Matteo does it.

Does Harry?

no, and he tends to sneer at certain competitions and treat them with contempt.

Mate, we've had 50 years without the only thing that really matters, and that's being English league champions.

Yep and we threw away an oppertunity to challenge for it this season.... Now it'll take a few seasons of rebuilding after the inevitable loss of key players before we get that chance again. So why not go for cup success. Harry and the club need to change their mentality towards this competition and go for it

Looking back, what did Redknapp achieve by playing weakened team in EL this season ? Nothing ! We should play the full strength team and try to progress as far as possible in EL. If we are not going to take the EL seriously next season, we might as well don't play in it. As ManCity and ManU found out this season, you can't just play squad players and expect to win any matches in EL. There are many teams who take the EL seriously.

fudge this competition. Our participation in it will be tainted by the fact we were shafted into it against out will by Chelsea, the .best team in europe'.

:ross:

against our will?

We gave up the right of self-determination in the last few weeks of the season. Chelsea applied the coup de grace but this is of our own making. We knew the rules and the scenario, there is no shafting of our club by UEFA or Chelsea, only of our fans by our players and manager.

We should walk through the group stage, but most likely we'll stumble through and get eliminated at the first knockout stage.

We should walk through the group stage, but most likely we'll stumble through and get eliminated at the first knockout stage.

Just like we did this season? We really took the tinkle.

Like I said, I hope we take it seriously. We've stopped taking the carling cup seriously. We've been thrashed in two of our four runs in the FA cup. And haven't given the UEFA cup the slightest big of respect. We have the squad to win a trophy, we're not going to win the league or CL(if we even manage to get into it) so why don't we go for the trophies we can win?

And eventually, we're going to have to learn how to play in Europe properly and still remain competitive in the league.

Just like we did this season? We really took the tinkle.

Like I said, I hope we take it seriously. We've stopped taking the carling cup seriously. We've been thrashed in two of our four runs in the FA cup. And haven't given the UEFA cup the slightest big of respect. We have the squad to win a trophy, we're not going to win the league or CL(if we even manage to get into it) so why don't we go for the trophies we can win?

And eventually, we're going to have to learn how to play in Europe properly and still remain competitive in the league.

In the parlance of the day, this.

Back