• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Emmanuel Adebayor - Officially gone \o/

Re: So what has gone wrong with adebayor?

Quick question - I know it's usually every 2 years but we had an ACN last year as well? Why consecutive years in this instance?

Quick question - I know it's usually every 2 years but we had an ACN last year as well? Why consecutive years in this instance?

They are shifting it from years ending in even numbers to years ending in odd numbers so that it won't be in the same years as the World Cup.

They're in the process of moving it from even years to odds years so that it doesnt coincide with World Cup years.
So its been on 2010,2012 and now again in 2013 and next in 2015.

Not this flimflam stat again.
6 of those 13 games he didnt even complete 45 minutes. They were more without Ade than with him.

If you wanted to you could interpret the stats as
Code:
      45 mins / 45mins
       with   /  without
Played 	14	7
Won     8	4
Drew	2	1
Lost	4	2
Pts/gam 1.85	1.85
Win %   57%	57%

When Ade left the field against Arsenal we were leading 1-0
When Ade came on against Chelsea we were already losing.
When Ade came on against Wigan we were already losing.
When Ade was subbed by Defoe against City we were drawing 1-1.
It was only against Everton that he was on the pitch when we have gone behind.
Stats, eh?

Yep agreed on that. After you've experienced being shot at and witnessing your friends die from the shootings i can understand why he has reservations.

Seconded.

Unless it's happened to you, you cannot judge a man who has been in that situation.

Africa Cup of Nations 2013: Togo confirm Adebayor squad inclusion

The president of Togo's football federation says he intervened to include Emmanuel Adebayor in the country's Africa Cup of Nations squad.

Gabriel Ameyi told the BBC he took action once he realised the Tottenham striker had not been selected.

"On the initial list, those guys weren't there," Ameyi said of Adebayor and veteran goalkeeper Agassa Kossi.

"I insisted and if I am accused of intervening in selection, yes I did, but only regarding Adebayor and Kossi."

It is unclear whether coach Didier Six failed to call up the Spurs forward given his recent proclamations that he did not wish to play in the tournament held in South Africa.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20994155

'Updated at 21:09 Jan 11th'

Things hav improved for Adebayor with Jurgen:

In November: 'Get Adebayor out of my club'

Today: 'Why can't Ade just stay with us and not go to this Aficam Nations cup thing?? And why does it have to happen when Spurs are playing?? Amd why every two years????'

:lol:

When Ade left the field against Arsenal we were leading 1-0
When Ade came on against Chelsea we were already losing.
When Ade came on against Wigan we were already losing.
When Ade was subbed by Defoe against City we were drawing 1-1.
It was only against Everton that he was on the pitch when we have gone behind.
Stats, eh?

Exactly. People will pick out one single stat to support their beliefs or cause.

BBC confirming that Ade will be going to the ACN:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20994155

Africa Cup of Nations 2013: Togo confirm Adebayor squad inclusion

The president of Togo's football federation says he intervened to include Emmanuel Adebayor in the country's Africa Cup of Nations squad.

Gabriel Ameyi told the BBC he took action once he realised the Tottenham striker had not been selected.

"On the initial list, those guys weren't there," Ameyi said of Adebayor and veteran goalkeeper Agassa Kossi.

"I insisted and if I am accused of intervening in selection, yes I did, but only regarding Adebayor and Kossi."

It is unclear whether coach Didier Six failed to call up the Spurs forward given his recent proclamations that he did not wish to play in the tournament held in South Africa.
Togo at 2013 Nations Cup

22 Jan: v Ivory Coast
26 Jan: v Algeria
30 Jan: v Tunisia

"I think everything is sorted out as in his statements on various television channels. Sheyi (as Adebayor is often known in Togo) has clearly said he will be taking part in the Africa Cup of Nations," Ameyi added.

"So I was a bit surprised this morning after the rumours about his non-participation. I don't understand - and I don't believe - these rumours.

"I know Sheyi well, and if he says that he will do things, he does them. So, yes I am surprised, but no need to panic. Let's wait and see. I am convinced Sheyi will be among us."

Earlier this week, Adebayor - who is set to fly to South Africa after Tottenham's game against Queens Park Rangers on Saturday - said he was persuaded to return to the national team after meeting Togo's head of state .

Adebayor met President Faure Gnassingbe over two days, according to a government spokesman.

"I told him Togo football is sick and must find some medicine," Adebayor told French radio in an interview on Wednesday.

Adebayor temporarily retired from international football in 2010 after a gun attack on Togo's team bus at that year's Africa Cup of Nations in Angola.

Two members of the Togolese party were killed, and goalkeeper Kodjovi Obilale was badly hurt and has been unable to return to football since.

Adebayor was convinced to return but fell out with federation bosses in December over what he called "mismanagement and a lack of transparency" and initially said he would not play for his country at this year's event.

South Africa will be Togo's first appearance at the African championship since the deadly attack in the Angolan enclave of Cabinda, which led the country to withdraw from that tournament.

The Hawks have been drawn in a tough Group D, along with tournament favourites Ivory Coast, Tunisia and Algeria - Africa's second-highest ranked team according to world governing body Fifa.

I think we've invested too much in Ade to let him go after half a season. But the way it's going, we may very well not have a choice before long. And by going to the AFCON, he may have made Levy's mind up for him.

In the bigger picture, is there a reason why this complete non event of a tournament has to be held every two years? And during the middle of the European season just to be even more inconvenient?

No need to be so fudging arrogant, what right has European football got to dictate to African football

Such a weak finisher.

What was the point of such a weak sidefoot when h ecould have blasted it into the net.

This is not me knocking Ade, it is just an undeniable fact that he looks a shadow of the player he was last season

He did everything right with his opportunity...apart from scoring. Finish wasn't bad either, obviously not good enough, but the save was superb. Bloody shame he missed it, would've loved to see QPR actually crossing the halfway line with more than three players. Also it looked like he was really affected with his miss, seemed his head dropped after it.

He did everything right with his opportunity...apart from scoring. Finish wasn't bad either, obviously not good enough, but the save was superb. Bloody shame he missed it, would've loved to see QPR actually crossing the halfway line with more than three players. Also it looked like he was really affected with his miss, seemed his head dropped after it.

yeah, good save more than a poor finish imv

find it strange how often he ends up on the floor from shooting, what sort of technique is that? :lol:

Back