• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Emmanuel Adebayor - Officially gone \o/

Re: So what has gone wrong with adebayor?

Why do people get so upset over quotes taken out of context to support a shock headline?

'Blasted'? Really? To me that presents an image of someone being angry, which I highly doubt he was from the words used. Given the complete exchange of questions and answers with accompanying body language I think this whole article would fall apart.

I agree again. Having seen Ade on telly and in interviews I wouldn't be surprised if something was lost in translation here.

I would really like to see a video of this before I make any conclusions. If he did say it in the way the articles are presenting it it was a dumb thing to say for sure.

Actually the full quotes makes me feel a lot better about the situation. Him saying no worries suggests that...there probably shouldn't be any worries and he may even just be acknowledging his appreciation or acceptance that AVB will back him in public but has the right to voice his opinion in private. In any case, I think AVB is highly skilled in being diplomatic and saying 'the right thing' so I highly doubt he would actually make a serious point to Ade and would say that he doesn't want him going. I'm sure he understood Ade completely, as he was at pains to point out in his interviews.

It's funny, I don't doubt that we probably get heated discussions or arguments between coaches and players on any given week at the club, but it's always nice to have the illusion that everyone is pulling in the same direction and that's what it has felt like over the last month or so especially. Really hate it when something threatens that ideal picture!

To me, Ade's attitude is simply explained by the fact that he wants another payday. He probably feels "underpaid" at Spurs and at his age (?28) I think he feels maybe he has just one more chance to make another killing. I doubt we will see much from him when his head is thus focussed. Get someone else in now.

I can think of at least 3 at Utd alone in recent years (similar context)

RvN
Keane
Heinze

You could argue Beckham was a 50/50.

Our very own Mido.

etc.

There was also that top Man u defender (was it Stam ?)who wrote his autobiography lightly criticising SAF. He was shipped out immediately.

You cant take any nonsense from players - no matter who they are.

What has gone wrong with him? He was never that good in the first place.

:ross:
Absolutely.
If you remember mate, earlier in the season when he was 'injured' I mentioned that there was more than met the eye, and the bottom line is he was not the first choice signing thus why the deal took so long (I'd also mentioned that in July/August)...but he has been doing 'a' job for us when he's ben playing. I would agree that he needs a good kick up the jacksie, but there again, it depends on whether any of his heart is left in his feet or if it's all in his wallet. I suspect he will be out in the summer IF we can get a Spanish club interested...

:ross:

Mmm...same old faces, same old tunes..all out of key...
Pirate..bring back Crouch?

Out of form Adebayor scored the goal that put us in the lead in our last EPL game.
What will he be like when he is in form?

Out of form Adebayor scored the goal that put us in the lead in our last EPL game.
What will he be like when he is in form?

He might score more often than our centre halves.
Ps when did we resort to using horrible terms like fudging EPL?

I couldnt care less what he said, or didnt say. He has messed the club around and i would get rid of him.

I don't like the fact that he jerked the club around for so long, it shows where his mind is at.

News on twitter this morning that Adebayor has walked out on Togo after the Togolese federation altered the coach's squad.
L'Equipe reporting and ESPN now too.

News on twitter this morning that Adebayor has walked out on Togo after the Togolese federation altered the coach's squad.
L'Equipe reporting and ESPN now too.

haha. Probably isn't true/has been blown out of proportion though

I think if Ade does come back, psychologically he won't be right. He'll feel like he has unfinished business and even though he will work hard for us, I reckon he might not get into a good state of mind. Annoying for us!

Back