• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Emmanuel Adebayor - Officially gone \o/

Re: So what has gone wrong with adebayor?

yeah, good save more than a poor finish imv

find it strange how often he ends up on the floor from shooting, what sort of technique is that? :lol:

same with Defoe at Sunderland. Superb save from Mignolet though but he should have just laced it into the roof of the net. Fell over too :lol:

Any keeper would make that save, there was no conviction in the shot, most of his efforts on goals are like back passes. Defoe also put him in during the 2nd half, ok it wasn't an easy chance but he declined the option of hitting it with his left and ran it out for a corner instead. I was a big fan of his last season but everything about him annoys me now, even his hair.

adebayor-16-dec.jpg

He needs this back.

I am not sure Defoe and Ade are enough uo front to lead us in the CL. I fear like last season we may lose momentum with this attack especially when you consider both Chelsea and Everton have improved from last season, and lets face it the Goons always seem to find a way to finish above us.

It may end bad for us if Levy feels there is no reason to strengthen this month

Everton WILL NOT finish above us.

Chelsea will and today I have come to the conclusion that 3rd is theirs. Fourth is up to us. We are above Arsenal right now, they do have 2 games in hand but there next 2 games are City and Chelsea. We still have Arsenal and Everton at home too.

Everton still have to go to Old Trafford, go to the Emirates, obviously travel to us, go to Anfield and go to Stamford Bridge too, all games they could easily end up losing considering the record they have at those places in recent seasons.

Everton have so far picked up the exact same number of points as they did from the same fixtures last season. Arsenal have done much worse, dropping 9.

I am not sure Defoe and Ade are enough uo front to lead us in the CL. I fear like last season we may lose momentum with this attack especially when you consider both Chelsea and Everton have improved from last season, and lets face it the Goons always seem to find a way to finish above us.

It may end bad for us if Levy feels there is no reason to strengthen this month

I agree with this and I hope Levy understands that to stand still is to fall behind. Our direct competitors will add to their squad and so must we. We need a top striker and either bring Holtby in now or buy a midfielder that can add some creativity.

Everton WILL NOT finish above us.

Chelsea will and today I have come to the conclusion that 3rd is theirs. Fourth is up to us. We are above Arsenal right now, they do have 2 games in hand but there next 2 games are City and Chelsea. We still have Arsenal and Everton at home too.

Everton still have to go to Old Trafford, go to the Emirates, obviously travel to us, go to Anfield and go to Stamford Bridge too, all games they could easily end up losing considering the record they have at those places in recent seasons.

Alternatively we have shown on a number of occasions this season that when teams play with 10 or 11 players behind the ball we lack the guile and creativity to break them down. Defoe is going through a lean patch, as most of you predicted, while in my opinon Ade has been utter gash in front of goal and methinks it may be a mistake for us to have to rely on our midfield

I agree with this and I hope Levy understands that to stand still is to fall behind. Our direct competitors will add to their squad and so must we. We need a top striker and either bring Holtby in now or buy a midfielder that can add some creativity.

=D>

I never said they shouldn't have a right to have a tournament, just not every two years. They are always going to struggle to get people to watch it when most football fans (the fans outside of Africa anyway) are focusing on their own teams/leagues.

The ANC has been running since 1957 when European clubs/fans did not give a flying fudge about African football, but now because it suits Europe clubs we should change because it is inconvenient? Dude your head's gone

Out of form Adebayor scored the goal that put us in the lead in our last EPL game.
What will he be like when he is in form?

And that was just the second of the two league goals he has scored all season. Add to that his zero assists and we are left with ample proof he has been poor this season

Ade runs the risk while he's away that dempsey or/and siggy start really showing some hot form. And if he comes back and he struggles to find a starting place, we may as well call it a day. (as ade will probably develop a big bottom lip)

I definately think we should be looking at other options (even in this window). I thought ade was a solution but he's either in shocking form or just not as good as we thought he was. Luckily a lot of other teams will rate him, so there's a good chance we will actually make a profit on him.

And that was just the second of the two league goals he has scored all season. Add to that his zero assists and we are left with ample proof he has been poor this season

Hard to disagree with that...

P0155.png

... 10 Spurs players have a better average vital goal contribution per minutes played than Adebayor this season.

When will people accept he ain't very good. We haven't been mugged, duped or any other excuses, I could see he wasn't very good, idiots looked at what Emirates Marketing Project paid for him and bought into the hype. Call me old fashioned but I watch footy live rather than on TV and knew he was brick.

maybe he'll go to the ACN and score a hatful and come back a rejuvenated player? either way i think it'll be good to have him out of the side for a while

When will people accept he ain't very good. We haven't been mugged, duped or any other excuses, I could see he wasn't very good, idiots looked at what Emirates Marketing Project paid for him and bought into the hype. Call me old fashioned but I watch footy live rather than on TV and knew he was brick.

When he goes back in time and performs badly on his loan last year.

His movement is good and he gives us a focal point in attack, but is he the answer to our problems, no he is not, Ade and Defoe are not good enough to improve us.

Back