• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Emirates Marketing Project Vs TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR *** OMT

That be me .

I think we should play a 4-5-1 formation to begin with . I want to stay in the game for as long as possible rather than be looking to impose ourselves from the off.

Starting line-up would be something like this .

---------------------Lloris

---Dier ------Kaboul----Verts----Rose

Lennon--Capoue--Mason--Stambouli- Townsend

---------------------Kane

Their pitch is the largest in the premeirship 116 x 77 yards (2nd widest in the premeirship , one yard narrower than Goodison Park).

They attack their opponent in the wide areas, with their full-backs offering support, so I do think it's important we offer good protection to both Dier and Rose. We can do this by playing deeper and counter attacking swiftly on the flanks with Lennon and Townsend.

I want to start the game with three in the middle so as to combat their fluid midfield attacks from Toure and Silva. Capoue, Stambouli and Mason will be tested but I do believe in their work rate and defensive know how. All three have had an international break and will have spent time on the training field with, Poch and the coaches. Eriksen, Lamela and Chadli on the other hand, have all been away on international duty and coming back to an away trip to Emirates Marketing Project, is a big ask. If the three regulars are fit, I would have them on the substitutes bench for this one.

Our lone forward for this game, I feel should be either Kane or Soldado. An out of form Adebayor, will be returning from Africa after two tough games against Uganda, so I think he should be a substitute for this one.

I do feel we should also take into account that City have a must win CL game on Tuesday, away to CSKA, therefore I wouldn't be to surprised, to see Pellegrini rest some of his big hitters that have been away on international duty.

The team selection and tactics is all a gamble I know. But with the game falling just after the international break, I feel it's a gamble worth taking bearing in mind who the opponent is.

When have Lennon and Townsend ever been effective attacking forces, especially against top fullbacks like Zabeletta?

Pace and directness sounds good in theory, but I don't remember it being effective ever for us. All our effective wide players from the last 30 years - Ginola, Anderton, Bale, Waddle, Allen - were never about pace.

Playing two speed merchants like Lennon and Townsend together is really a lower league tactic that hasn't been effective in the EPL since the mid-90s days of Lee Sharpe, Peter Beagrie and Nicky Summerbee.

Against a good defence, we need AMs with a bit of guile and movement. The Eriksen, Lamela and Chadli trio have been getting more and more cohesive with every game and it would be a shame to abandon that out of fear.

Some good points there GB, I don't see the point of playing two of our least effective attackers in one of the most difficult away games of the year. More so if it's on the wings when if they do break they will have to hold the ball up to wait for support.
It's closer to our system to drop a bit deeper, swop Ade for an extra man in midfield with chadli or if he's not fit Lamella playing through the middle.
I don't see it as fear to tweak things in certain circumstances, it practicalities.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using Fapatalk

Some good points there GB, I don't see the point of playing two of our least effective attackers in one of the most difficult away games of the year. More so if it's on the wings when if they do break they will have to hold the ball up to wait for support.
It's closer to our system to drop a bit deeper, swop Ade for an extra man in midfield with chadli or if he's not fit Lamella playing through the middle.I don't see it as fear to tweak things in certain circumstances, it practicalities.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using Fapatalk

If I made a defensively-minded concession, I'd be tempted to bring Stambouli in for Eriksen and go 4-3-2-1. I wouldn't though.

So it seems there has been an updte on the Kyles, but no update so far on Chadli or Hugo?

Hmm....perhaps they are still major doubts....

Eliaquim Mangala is set to miss Emirates Marketing Project's home match against Tottenham with a thigh injury.

The defender was an unused substitute for France in midweek and should be fit for City's Champions League match in Moscow on Tuesday.

All the other City players are fit apart from Samir Nasri, who is still recovering from groin surgery.

Goalkeeper Hugo Lloris will be given every opportunity to prove his fitness ahead of Tottenham's trip to Emirates Marketing Project after being forced out of France duty with a thigh injury.

Belgium midfielder Nacer Chadli (hip) will also be given a chance to prove his fitness, while striker Emmanuel Adebayor and Nabil Bentaleb will be assessed on their returns from international duty on Friday.

Defenders Kyle Naughton (ankle) and Kyle Walker (abdominal surgery) remain out.

Emirates Marketing Project manager Manuel Pellegrini has warned that Tottenham pose a different threat to last season ahead of hosting Mauricio Pochettino's side on Saturday.

The Premier League champions thrashed the Londoners 6-0 at home and 5-1 at White Hart Lane last season, but Pellegrini believes the arrival of Pochettino, who he faced in La Liga, can rejuvenate Spurs.

The Chilean said: "Yes, I am sure it is a different Tottenham.

"Last year one of the best games that we played was against Tottenham away. Here also we played very well but we are not expecting that we can score six or five goals every time we play Tottenham.

"They are a very strong team. Mauricio Pochettino is a very good manager. I'm not saying (Andre) Villas-Boas wasn't in that moment, but really we played our best last season. We hope on Saturday we can do a very good game also.

"He (Pochettino) is a young manager that was very successful in Spain with Espanyol, it was a team that always played good and attractive football and it was a creative team.

"He is trying the same way he did it last season at Southampton. That was a team that played very well, he continues now at Tottenham that is an important club with big players.

"We know that from now until the next international break we have to play seven games in three different competitions. We have four games in the Premier League. It is very important for us to try not to drop points and to try and recover points from Chelsea which is the leader in this moment.

"We also have one game against Saudi Sportswashing Machine which is like a final because if we don't win we go out of the Capital One Cup. We have two games against CSKA Moscow in the Champions League and we need to win both of them.

"The best way to think is that every game is a final."

http://www.teamtalk.com/manchester-city/9520617/Premier-League-Manchester-City-boss-Manuel-Pellegrini-wary-of-Tottenham

Although Lennon was once upon a time very effect.

Glad it's not just me who thinks that. When he was younger he was a very good player and I thought he'd become a cracking player one day. Now he's a shadow of himself and no more than a fast version of Bentley (not the car). When he's in his 30's if he's still playing I think he's destined for the Championship and below.

Glad it's not just me who thinks that. When he was younger he was a very good player and I thought he'd become a cracking player one day. Now he's a shadow of himself and no more than a fast version of Bentley (not the car). When he's in his 30's if he's still playing I think he's destined for the Championship and below.

I look at Sterling and think Thats the player Lennon couldve become

I think he needs to convert into a RB now. He's really good defensively

This match is actually a big one for the PL imo;

If we manage not to lose and then Chelski win, the gap at the top might get to the point where Cheski go on one of those runs and have the league semi-sewn up by December (as they did in his second season in charge there previously in 2005/06).

We may get a love-letter from West London if we actually arrange to win (I can't see a Warnock-trained team beating Chelski)

This match is actually a big one for the PL imo;

If we manage not to lose and then Chelski win, the gap at the top might get to the point where Cheski go on one of those runs and have the league semi-sewn up by December (as they did in his second season in charge there previously in 2005/06).

We may get a love-letter from West London if we actually arrange to win (I can't see a Warnock-trained team beating Chelski)

Of if we win and Chelsea lose, we're only 5 points behind them...

:p

When ever I go online almost every time the first thing I do is type 'Tottenham' into google news to see if anythings happening and doing it now they're all asking whether City will trounce us again. Really want to win this one just to shut them up.

The worst thing is they're now saying that City are our bogey side! as true as that may be becoming it hurts because before they won the lottery we used to beat them nearly every time we played them.

B0Ikr8KCQAABYeA.jpg

Football used to be about everything that had happened since the Premier League was invented, now it's all post-sugar daddy.

When ever I go online almost every time the first thing I do is type 'Tottenham' into google news to see if anythings happening and doing it now they're all asking whether City will trounce us again. Really want to win this one just to shut them up.

The worst thing is they're now saying that City are our bogey side! as true as that may be becoming it hurts because before they won the lottery we used to beat them nearly every time we played them.

Absolutely this; though I think that is being highlighted as well by those who comment on it (at least the ones I've read anyway)

Back