• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Emirates Marketing Project Vs TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR *** OMT

Can't remember who but one of the first posters in this thread brought pullis into it and then there was one saying don't want to play like relegation battlers. It's all subjective, one mans stout defensive display is another's park the bus.
I thought our tactics against arsenal were spot on and should be lauded. Same again thus week please, just don't understand the negativity about it. I think this squad is a lot better than they are given credit for but the naively of the last few managers has cost the team a lot in terms of belief and confidence.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using Fapatalk

That be me .

I think we should play a 4-5-1 formation to begin with . I want to stay in the game for as long as possible rather than be looking to impose ourselves from the off.

Starting line-up would be something like this .

---------------------Lloris

---Dier ------Kaboul----Verts----Rose

Lennon--Capoue--Mason--Stambouli- Townsend

---------------------Kane

Their pitch is the largest in the premeirship 116 x 77 yards (2nd widest in the premeirship , one yard narrower than Goodison Park).

They attack their opponent in the wide areas, with their full-backs offering support, so I do think it's important we offer good protection to both Dier and Rose. We can do this by playing deeper and counter attacking swiftly on the flanks with Lennon and Townsend.

I want to start the game with three in the middle so as to combat their fluid midfield attacks from Toure and Silva. Capoue, Stambouli and Mason will be tested but I do believe in their work rate and defensive know how. All three have had an international break and will have spent time on the training field with, Poch and the coaches. Eriksen, Lamela and Chadli on the other hand, have all been away on international duty and coming back to an away trip to Emirates Marketing Project, is a big ask. If the three regulars are fit, I would have them on the substitutes bench for this one.

Our lone forward for this game, I feel should be either Kane or Soldado. An out of form Adebayor, will be returning from Africa after two tough games against Uganda, so I think he should be a substitute for this one.

I do feel we should also take into account that City have a must win CL game on Tuesday, away to CSKA, therefore I wouldn't be to surprised, to see Pellegrini rest some of his big hitters that have been away on international duty.

The team selection and tactics is all a gamble I know. But with the game falling just after the international break, I feel it's a gamble worth taking bearing in mind who the opponent is.

man what an end that was.. how good was Bale :(

I loved that day . I remember going one-nil down after five minutes and as the game wore on and they hadn't put us away, you could feel our belief growing . As good as Bale was, on that day, I do think it were Hudd's introduction that really made the difference.

No place like White Hart Lane on a sunny afternoon, watching the white shirts do a comeback win, it's just beautiful .

That be me .

I think we should play a 4-5-1 formation to begin with . I want to stay in the game for as long as possible rather than be looking to impose ourselves from the off.

Starting line-up would be something like this .

---------------------Lloris

---Dier ------Kaboul----Verts----Rose

Lennon--Capoue--Mason--Stambouli- Townsend

---------------------Kane

Their pitch is the largest in the premeirship 116 x 77 yards (2nd widest in the premeirship , one yard narrower than Goodison Park).

They attack their opponent in the wide areas, with their full-backs offering support, so I do think it's important we offer good protection to both Dier and Rose. We can do this by playing deeper and counter attacking swiftly on the flanks with Lennon and Townsend.

I want to start the game with three in the middle so as to combat their fluid midfield attacks from Toure and Silva. Capoue, Stambouli and Mason will be tested but I do believe in their work rate and defensive know how. All three have had an international break and will have spent time on the training field with, Poch and the coaches. Eriksen, Lamela and Chadli on the other hand, have all been away on international duty and coming back to an away trip to Emirates Marketing Project, is a big ask. If the three regulars are fit, I would have them on the substitutes bench for this one.

Our lone forward for this game, I feel should be either Kane or Soldado. An out of form Adebayor, will be returning from Africa after two tough games against Uganda, so I think he should be a substitute for this one.

I do feel we should also take into account that City have a must win CL game on Tuesday, away to CSKA, therefore I wouldn't be to surprised, to see Pellegrini rest some of his big hitters that have been away on international duty.

The team selection and tactics is all a gamble I know. But with the game falling just after the international break, I feel it's a gamble worth taking bearing in mind who the opponent is.

Wow. What an abomination that team is. Looks absolutely dreadful. If Poch fields that then I'll be extremely disappointed.

Personally, I like the idea of playing our best players.

Who is that in response to?

I would expect us to use similar tactics to against Arsenal which I would argue was straight out of the Mourinho handbook.

I do think at times against the Goons, we were exposed on the flanks and City are better in those wide spaces than the scum are . I think Dier, especialy will need protecting. An extra defensive midfielder alongside Mason and Capoue could be something we should consider. And As I've said in an above post, Lennon and Townsend to make a five man midfield, by playing in those wide areas.

Abomination - Don't hold back :)

There's just no way that side has nough quality. Stambouli has looked well off the pace so far; Townsend awful, Lennon nothing for the past 3 seasons.

If we play that side we just won't get out of our own half. Emirates Marketing Project are a hell of a lot more potent than Arsenal and I just wouldn't like to see us going into any game carrying zero goal threat. The players of mentioned certainly haven't staked a claim for inclusion strong enough to merit the dropping of our most talented players, one of whom was player of the season last year, one who is this years top scorer and one who brings just as much industry as the likes of townsend but is a thoroughly better footballer.

There's just no way that side has nough quality. Stambouli has looked well off the pace so far; Townsend awful, Lennon nothing for the past 3 seasons.

If we play that side we just won't get out of our own half. Emirates Marketing Project are a hell of a lot more potent than Arsenal and I just wouldn't like to see us going into any game carrying zero goal threat. The players of mentioned certainly haven't staked a claim for inclusion strong enough to merit the dropping of our most talented players, one of whom was player of the season last year, one who is this years top scorer and one who brings just as much industry as the likes of townsend but is a thoroughly better footballer.

Fair enough, but I did write at the beginning of the post, that it's a team selected for keeping us in the game rather than one that would set out to impose ourselves from the off .

Our best players have been away on international duty and our highest scorer, is carrying a hip injury that forced him to sit out the second game for Belgium.

I want to stay in the game for an hour and then introduce our best players for the last half hour . It's a gamble I know but I think it's one we should take , taking in consideration all the factors .

Fair enough, but I did write at the beginning of the post, that it's a team selected for keeping us in the game rather than one that would set out to impose ourselves from the off .

Our best players have been away on international duty and our highest scorer, is carrying a hip injury that forced him to sit out the second game for Belgium.

I want to stay in the game for an hour and then introduce our best players for the last half hour . It's a gamble I know but I think it's one we should take , taking in consideration all the factors .

Fair enough. Didn't mean to sound disparaging towards your opinion!

I can't see us holding out against wave after wave of City pressure for 60 minutes. With no outball or anyone capable of putting their foot on the ball. I also haven't seen anything of Stambouli so far to suggest that adding him to midfield will be of any benefit.

Fair enough. Didn't mean to sound disparaging towards your opinion!

I can't see us holding out against wave after wave of City pressure for 60 minutes. With no outball or anyone capable of putting their foot on the ball. I also haven't seen anything of Stambouli so far to suggest that adding him to midfield will be of any benefit.

No offence taken . I just obviously rate the selected players a little higher than you .

I'm not sure if Dembele featured in the Belgium games , how about the Moose in for Stamboulli ? ....

I do think an initial defensive approach to be our best bet for a game we're not expected to get any points from. Frustrate them and then put on our best players to win the game.

Wanted to add .... I think starting all four of our regular forward players, is the bigger gamble on that wide pitch of theirs .

While I don't agree with playing Lennon and Townsend, I think we'll need some extra legs in this match. I'd drop one of our front four and play with one of our more defensive minded players a little deeper. I'd keep pace in the front three (Ade would have been nice to have) and look to break quickly and ruthlessly. If we have more quality in the final third against Emirates Marketing Project than Arsenal, I feel like we could nick a goal on the break.

The biggest goal though has to be not to concede for the first quarter of the game. In so many of these matches, we've shipped goals so early, and that has opened us up to some hidings.

I'd play this team and drop nice and deep. Hopefully, Mason can hit early balls to our runners in behind the fullbacks, and without Fernandinho and hopefully Toure, we may just be able to get control of the midfield. Gonna take a hell of an effort, but I think we just might be able to snatch a draw.

——————LLORIS (or Vorm if Lloris injured)——————
DIER———VERTONGHEN———KABOUL————ROSE——
————CAPOUE—————STAMBOULI—————
————————MASON——————————————
LAMELA—————KANE—————CHADLI (ERIKSEN if Chadli is injured)———

The premise of extra bodies in the middle is good, but I would take out Ade put chadli through the middle. Depending on his attitude I would maybe even drop eriksen for Kane out there.
Can't see Kompay and mangala relishing playing against the pace and mobility of chadli if he is coming from slightly deeper straight at them.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using Fapatalk

Lloris
Dier - Kaboul - Vertonghen - Rose
Capoue - Mason
Dembele
Lamela - Chadli - Eriksen​

Front three fluid moving all over drawing Emirates Marketing Project defenders out, Dembeles strength and power to combat Toure and help keep the ball. Mason and Capoue to shield and continue their fine form. Though, I'd play in a similar way to Arsenal away, counter.

I think that chopping and changing whilst everyone is still getting used to each other would be counter productive. Same team and tactics as against Arsenal but with Dier for Naughton (unfortunately).

:::::::::::Lloris
Dier Kaboul Vertonghen Rose
::::::::::Capoue
Lennon Mason Eriksen Chadli
:::::::::Adebayor

Defence picks itself. Lennon will offer defensive cover on the right; Mason and Eriksen our most creative midfield options; Chadli our best attacking LM option ATM, assuming he's fit; Adebayor ought to be bothered against Emirates Marketing Project. Lamela the luxury on the bench.

3-0 City. If we get a consolation, I suppose Eriksen's favourite to get it.

Their pitch is the largest in the premeirship 116 x 77 yards (2nd widest in the premeirship , one yard narrower than Goodison Park)

Those pitch dimensions are a few years out of date, as Emirates Marketing Project' pitch (along with most Premier League clubs) now measures 105 x 68 metres (115 x 74 yards) to meet FIFA standards
http://m.premierleague.com/content/...handbooks/premier-league-handbook-2014-15.pdf

White Hart Lane currently measures 100 x 67 metres (109 x 73 yards) which makes it the joint shortest in the league (along with Stoke, QPR and Everton). So sitting deep might indeed be advisable, to prevent Emirates Marketing Project exploiting our CBs lack of pace with that extra 6 yards of grass to run into.

Oh for the days when Spurs had a world class attacker like Bale to get onto the end of defence splitting passes before calmly dinking his shot over the keeper... Now, with Chadli doubtful, our wing threat might come down to Lennon (who has scored only 1 goal in his past 40 league games) and Townsend (whose only league goal was that misplaced cross against Villa 12 months ago)... [-o<

Back