• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Dos Santos - Real Mallorca

What to do with Dos Santos?

• Sell him now, try and get some money before he goes on a free.

Votes: 34 41.0%
  • Loan him out again and see if he does well.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Don't give him a new contract, wasn't ever convinced by him.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Put him in AVB's new Spurs team.

Votes: 49 59.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought that too and mentioned it in the official Olympics thread. However, someone (apologies, I forget who) pointed out that Judo also give two bronzes but have a fight off between the losing semifinalists and some repêchage winners.

Third place playoffs are horrible, even if there is a medal. Its so cruel to have a contest between two teams/individuals who are disappointed at just missing out on a chance of their dreams.

maybe harry shouldn't have been so condescending and more encouraging.
GDS has proven that he delivers consistently.
maybe our system didn't suit him that well, but surely he has to recognized as a talent.

Maybe he was just telling it like it was. This article from 2009 suggests that he wasn't the only one who had concerns about Gio and meeting his parents to discuss his issues is not a condescending thing to do

I thought that too and mentioned it in the official Olympics thread. However, someone (apologies, I forget who) pointed out that Judo also give two bronzes but have a fight off between the losing semifinalists and some repêchage winners.

Third place playoffs are horrible, even if there is a medal. Its so cruel to have a contest between two teams/individuals who are disappointed at just missing out on a chance of their dreams.
yeah

Maybe he was just telling it like it was. This article from 2009 suggests that he wasn't the only one who had concerns about Gio and meeting his parents to discuss his issues is not a condescending thing to do

still going out to the press isn't the best way to fix a young kid.

look at Man U and Arsenal, they consistently seem to handle their young players more professionally, almost everything - from injuries to bad habits - is kept out of the press. (until frimpong and twitter that is).

still going out to the press isn't the best way to fix a young kid.

look at Man U and Arsenal, they consistently seem to handle their young players more professionally, almost everything - from injuries to bad habits - is kept out of the press. (until frimpong and twitter that is).

Agreed - I can't recall Ferguson or Wenger ever criticising one of their youngsters openly in the media

In the case of Morrison I think he had pretty much run out of other options.

Setting boundries for this now are we? Either he did or he didn't... and he did. It's very easy to jump on someone's back. Maybe Harry felt he was "out of options" after all, he was actually pretty good in his handling of Modric last summer.

Setting boundries for this now are we? Either he did or he didn't... and he did. It's very easy to jump on someone's back. Maybe Harry felt he was "out of options" after all, he was actually pretty good in his handling of Modric last summer.

I don't think Harry really considers in advance what he says in the media. Ferguson wouldn't comment without thoroughly thinking it through first.

Is this a joke?

In the media, he could have said "Oh woe is me", in actual fact, he actually kept a level head for once, didn't alienate Modric and managed to re-integrate him into the team when Modric was having public fisticuffs with Levy... Tell me how that is handling it badly please.

I don't think Harry really considers in advance what he says in the media. Ferguson wouldn't comment without thoroughly thinking it through first.

Sure thing, that's how it goes for sure. Fergie is the measured GHod, Harry is a blabering buffoon without a doubt!

Don't let him fool you, he manipulates his position in the media eye. Most people don't like it, but don't get confused that Harry doesn't know exactly how he or his words are perceived.

I think that is true.

I think that there is a lot of re-writing of history going on to paint Redknapp as the bad guy and Gio as being blameless. The mail article I linked to further up the page is worth a read. I think that it is clear that Redknapp did try with Gio.

I think that is true.

I think that there is a lot of re-writing of history going on to paint Redknapp as the bad guy and Gio as being blameless. The mail article I linked to further up the page is worth a read. I think that it is clear that Redknapp did try with Gio.

I disagree about him saying things without thinking. Maybe something in the heat of the moment like Bent... But then, he isn't governing himself as he doesn't want to. If people seriously think that Harry just blurts out whatever is sat at the front of his mind like some 11 year old school girl talking about ponies should seriously take a look at how he has manipulated the press for most of his tenure at Spurs.

Like I say, like it or loathe it, he knows the game he is playing.

how will we manage his situation?

if i were levy i'd get him to sign by letting him play

if i were GDS i'd sit out my contract regardless if i play or not.

how will we manage his situation?

if i were levy i'd get him to sign by letting him play

if i were GDS i'd sit out my contract regardless if i play or not.

I think the only one who can entice Gio to sign on is AVB. If he gains confidence in the manager, and thinks he is progressing then maybe, just maybe. I think the likelihood is sale this month or he'll sign elsewhere in January.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back