• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Dos Santos - Real Mallorca

What to do with Dos Santos?

• Sell him now, try and get some money before he goes on a free.

Votes: 34 41.0%
  • Loan him out again and see if he does well.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Don't give him a new contract, wasn't ever convinced by him.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Put him in AVB's new Spurs team.

Votes: 49 59.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

N10 Yiddo

Andy Gray
http://tottenhamlive.com/blog/500-dos-santos-future.html

He could potentially be as good as Lennon in our squad because he has just as much pace and is also as skillful as Lennon. He is a good rotation option as well after seeing what happened last season when all our players were knackered because we played the same starting XI almost every game. He is also only 23 and it is well known that AVB's project is to build a young squad for the future, so he could well be a part of that.

I see two problems though:

1. Has he still got an attitude? There have been numerous stories that he would miss training or go out on the tinkle every night which is one of the reasons why Redknapp kept loaning him out to clubs like Ipswich, Galatasaray and Racing Santander. If he has grown up then he could potentially be our star man.

2. Does he want to stay at Spurs if he's given more playing time? He kept saying a year or two ago that he wanted to join Sevilla and then he wanted to join Villareal. It seems like he would like to go back to Spain and he only has a year left on his contract, but if he performs this season and gets games will he still want to leave?

Tbh, I would like to see him given another chance. He has barely been played and he has always shown his class for Mexico so I think he could come in handy.

I wouldn't say he is as fast as Lennon but I'd say he's more skillfull, obviously capable of some pretty special things but just hasn't panned out.

We'll just see how he does in preseason, hopefully he'll make an impact but if not we'll get some wedge for him now or have him hanging about and sell him for peanuts in Jan...

Plays well for Mexico, no question, and not just against two bob sides as some people would accuse, had a great game against Brazil.

He needs to be motivated, for some reason it didn't work with HR, hopefully AVB can get him going, Lennon needs cover as he will get the occasional injury. Would be nice to get some decent rotation.

That said, if a decent offer came in, we probably should cash in on it.

Would like to see him finally given a go in his proper position (right forward in a 4-3-3).

I'm more than happy to see him kept around for another year as cover for Rafa/Lennon. We've other more pressing priorities this window (2 forwards, new Modric and GK).

Yes, but def def last chance saloon. A change of manager could be just what he needed. But from what we have read he needs to change his attitude to training, otherwise he wont be here too much longer

What about give him a chance and see how he does?

Guess the issue is that he's only got 1 year left on his contract (unless we have a +2 clause we can exercise).

AVB likes technical and South American players so there may be hope. He also speaks the same language (Gio is half Brazilian isn't he) which might help forge a better relationship. The same opportunity for resurrection might apply to Gomes for similar reasons perhaps (and that he's the most mobile of our keepers).

will be used as primary cover for RW/RWF imo and unless he impresses we will most likely cut our losses in Jan or the Summer

Would like to see him finally given a go in his proper position (right forward in a 4-3-3).

I'm more than happy to see him kept around for another year as cover for Rafa/Lennon. We've other more pressing priorities this window (2 forwards, new Modric and GK).

You're relentless.

Anyway i hope Gio leaves asap.

Unless he is prepared to sign a contract extension, we should sell him. In January he can start to negotiate with other clubs for a free transfer next summer. We would be mad to risk losing him for nothing (something that he has already said he is prepared to do) on some sentimental desire to give him a chance. If he's prepared to sign an extension, even if it is a year or two, and knuckle down, then give him a final go.

Unless he is prepared to sign a contract extension, we should sell him. In January he can start to negotiate with other clubs for a free transfer next summer. We would be mad to risk losing him for nothing (something that he has already said he is prepared to do) on some sentimental desire to give him a chance. If he's prepared to sign an extension, even if it is a year or two, and knuckle down, then give him a final go.

Yep. I figure he'll have a sit down with AVB and sort out what he expects of him.Honestly i feel out of all the Harry outcasts Gio can bring alot to the table. I always get the feeling that most players in the team are fans of his and would welcome his inclusion in the first team. I remember Defoe being interviewed and saying something along the lines that Gio was one of the best finishers he's played with and has undeniable skill.

Yep. I figure he'll have a sit down with AVB and sort out what he expects of him.Honestly i feel out of all the Harry outcasts Gio can bring alot to the table. I always get the feeling that most players in the team are fans of his and would welcome his inclusion in the first team. I remember Defoe being interviewed and saying something along the lines that Gio was one of the best finishers he's played with and has undeniable skill.

I wouldn't read too much into player interviews, most of these interviews are managed by the club and he is unlikely to say "Gio? We never see him until Wednesday and then he is still ruined from his weekend in Barcelona. Nice lad but does bugger all in training."

I'd like AVB to say to him 'Youll get games til January. Impress and you'll get a new contract. Don't and your out'. Last chance saloon.

Agreed , he could play out of his skin to prove a point then be smiling and waving goodbye to a competitor fr a free ... Lock him for an extension and give him a shot to show what he's got .

I'd like AVB to say to him 'Youll get games til January. Impress and you'll get a new contract. Don't and your out'. Last chance saloon.

But in January he can start negotiating with other clubs for a free. Whatever happens this season, I think the chances of him staying beyond next summer are slim.

But in January he can start negotiating with other clubs for a free. Whatever happens this season, I think the chances of him staying beyond next summer are slim.

Exactly. Win win. He plays well for us he signs an extension. He doesn't and we get him off the wage bill and free up a space in the 25.

Unless we can get £3-4m now for him I'd give him one more chance.

Exactly. Win win. He plays well for us he signs an extension. He doesn't and we get him off the wage bill and free up a space in the 25.

Unless we can get £3-4m now for him I'd give him one more chance.

I would think that it is more likely that he clears off for nothing whatever. Why would he sign an extension during the season, he hasn't had the best time with us, owes us little and we would never match the wages that he could get on a Bosman.

I would think that it is more likely that he clears off for nothing whatever. Why would he sign an extension during the season, he hasn't had the best time with us, owes us little and we would never match the wages that he could get on a Bosman.

If he's gonna be here this season then we may as well try to get the most out of him then IMO.

If he's gonna be here this season then we may as well try to get the most out of him then IMO.

Obviously but that is not the question. We have a choice in whether he is still here when the window closes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back