• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Dos Santos - Real Mallorca

What to do with Dos Santos?

• Sell him now, try and get some money before he goes on a free.

Votes: 34 41.0%
  • Loan him out again and see if he does well.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Don't give him a new contract, wasn't ever convinced by him.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Put him in AVB's new Spurs team.

Votes: 49 59.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Went to the Mexico vs Senegal game yesterday at Wembley, Dos Santos was playing as a CF rather than RW and he clearly didn't seem comfortable playing there.

He did get a goal (even though it was a massive defensive error that gifted him the ball) but it was a nice finish.

First thing GDS needs to be able to prove is that he can cut it when being closed down fast. International football you have loads of time, Premiership football you do not.

on the contrary, our current crop of british footballers tend to suffer on the world stage, and are deemed overvalued in the EPL...

Why do people keep saying he's failed everywhere he's been? That's a lazy thing to claim, as lazy as saying he's lazy on the pitch.

Ipswich - He did well there, I don't know where this myth has come from that he failed? I think people look at his wiki saying he played 8 games and forget that he was only there for two months. "Oh he only played 8 games, must've failed"

4 goals in those 8 Championship games as well, not playing in a pure goal scorer position.
Ask Ipswich fans what they think about Giovani and they wont talk about someone who's a flop,
they'll say he's the most talented player they've seen, lots of love for Gio there.

The thing is if he was in the situation at another club 90% of the members of this board would be begging for us to take the risk, sign him and give him a chance.

The thing is if he was in the situation at another club 90% of the members of this board would be begging for us to take the risk, sign him and give him a chance.

Not so sure about that. We love to poke fun at "failures" at other clubs.

In the four years he has been here he has played in 17 lgs games for a total of 338 minutes, which means he has played a average of 19 minutes in those games, normally out of posistion as well.

Yet some fans think that they can judge a player on that and say he is crap, the mind boggles.#-o

-----------------Sandro-----------------------Huddlestone-------------
----------------------------VdV/Sigurdsson-----------------------------
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
----Lennon----------------Dos Santos------------------------Bale-----

Could it work?

4 goals in those 8 Championship games as well, not playing in a pure goal scorer position.
Ask Ipswich fans what they think about Giovani and they wont talk about someone who's a flop,
they'll say he's the most talented player they've seen, lots of love for Gio there.

They rate Gio over Messi, Maradona etc? High praise indeed.

-----------------Sandro-----------------------Huddlestone-------------
----------------------------VdV/Sigurdsson-----------------------------
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
----Lennon----------------Dos Santos------------------------Bale-----

Could it work?

Never in a million years.

In the four years he has been here he has played in 17 lgs games for a total of 338 minutes, which means he has played a average of 19 minutes in those games, normally out of posistion as well.

Yet some fans think that they can judge a player on that and say he is crap, the mind boggles.#-o

But even when he has played, he's not really impressed too often, he ain't impressed me anyway. Even Andros Townsend has had a few decent games and been a standout player in the rare times he's played for us.

Perhaps he doesn't go out on the tinkle and turn up late for training for Mexico like he does at Spurs.

I am with you 100%

on the contrary, our current crop of british footballers tend to suffer on the world stage, and are deemed overvalued in the EPL...

Not sure what your point is to be honest. It's a different culture of game. A player suited the Premiership may not be suited to international football and visa versa.

But even when he has played, he's not really impressed too often, he ain't impressed me anyway. Even Andros Townsend has had a few decent games and been a standout player in the rare times he's played for us.

Perhaps he doesn't go out on the tinkle and turn up late for training for Mexico like he does at Spurs.

Not IMO. He has looked very poor. A young player runs at his full back, beats him and gets a cross in (quality of cross appears to be irrelevant) and all of a sudden he has had a good game in a lot of fans eyes. I simply don't get it.

Maybe you suffer from selective amnesia

Can you give me examples in a Spurs shirt where GDS was outstanding? In a competitive game? I can't. There were a couple of games in the Europa League where people said he had a good game, but even at the time I thought they weren't right. They want him to be a success so over rate every ordinary thing he does and then blow it up to say he had a great game to suit their agenda. In reality those so called great games was where he didn't play poorly. Where as all the other matches? He played poorly.

I'm not saying GDS won't make it but those championing him as some mistreated messiah (Rebrov, Pav....we've seen this all before haven't we? Comparitively poor players rated by some who just can't get it in their heads that their idols simply aren't that good) are way wide of the mark.

The question is simple. As GDS can only effectively seemingly play on the right hand flank of a 4-3-3 who would YOU pick out of VDV, Lennon and GDS for that role?

Not IMO. He has looked very poor. A young player runs at his full back, beats him and gets a cross in (quality of cross appears to be irrelevant) and all of a sudden he has had a good game in a lot of fans eyes. I simply don't get it.

Agree to disagree. He's still young so plenty of time for him to improve in certain areas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back