• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Dos Santos - Real Mallorca

What to do with Dos Santos?

• Sell him now, try and get some money before he goes on a free.

Votes: 34 41.0%
  • Loan him out again and see if he does well.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Don't give him a new contract, wasn't ever convinced by him.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Put him in AVB's new Spurs team.

Votes: 49 59.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
In the media, he could have said "Oh woe is me", in actual fact, he actually kept a level head for once, didn't alienate Modric and managed to re-integrate him into the team when Modric was having public fisticuffs with Levy... Tell me how that is handling it badly please.

How about publicly saying the exact opposite to what Levy has said.

Harry: You won't get anywhere if you start selling your best players, but it's upto the chairman
DL: Luka Modric will not be sold
Harry: Then again if we sold him I could bring in 3 or 4 good players with that money

Whether intentional or not the good cop/bad cop handling of Modric last year by 'Arry and Levy was perfect. The player needs to get on with the manager and what he thinks of the chairman doesn't matter.

I don't think the same approach was possible for AVB. 'Arry had worked with Modric and brought out his best football, AVB is new. And while 'Arry could say whatever he wanted to the press and get good coverage, AVB would be slated if he took a view different to his chairman ("AVB and Levy at loggerheads", etc).

Back to topic, Dos Santos is on the bench for Mexico even though injured.

Whether intentional or not the good cop/bad cop handling of Modric last year by 'Arry and Levy was perfect. The player needs to get on with the manager and what he thinks of the chairman doesn't matter.

I don't think the same approach was possible for AVB. 'Arry had worked with Modric and brought out his best football, AVB is new. And while 'Arry could say whatever he wanted to the press and get good coverage, AVB would be slated if he took a view different to his chairman ("AVB and Levy at loggerheads", etc).

Back to topic, Dos Santos is on the bench for Mexico even though injured.

I agree

How about publicly saying the exact opposite to what Levy has said.

Harry: You won't get anywhere if you start selling your best players, but it's upto the chairman
DL: Luka Modric will not be sold
Harry: Then again if we sold him I could bring in 3 or 4 good players with that money

That has absolutely nothing to do with how Harry managed Modric, which is what we're talking about.

well at least we can say we have olympic gold and silver medalists in our squad. closest we'll get to world cup medalists.

Can you give me examples in a Spurs shirt where GDS was outstanding? In a competitive game? I can't. There were a couple of games in the Europa League where people said he had a good game, but even at the time I thought they weren't right. They want him to be a success so over rate every ordinary thing he does and then blow it up to say he had a great game to suit their agenda. In reality those so called great games was where he didn't play poorly. Where as all the other matches? He played poorly.

I'm not saying GDS won't make it but those championing him as some mistreated messiah (Rebrov, Pav....we've seen this all before haven't we? Comparitively poor players rated by some who just can't get it in their heads that their idols simply aren't that good) are way wide of the mark.

The question is simple. As GDS can only effectively seemingly play on the right hand flank of a 4-3-3 who would YOU pick out of VDV, Lennon and GDS for that role?

there was a carling cup game where he got subbed of injured where he was hands down the best player on the pitch.

Re: Dos Santos - Another Chance?

So still no sign of the lad. Will he be sold before the window closes? And if he isn't does that mean he'll get a chance? Or can we just not get rid of him?

So still no sign of the lad. Will he be sold before the window closes? And if he isn't does that mean he'll get a chance? Or can we just not get rid of him?

Pulled his calf in his first training session back if memory serves me correctly...

Pulled his calf in his first training session back if memory serves me correctly...

Oh really? Didn't see that, my apologies.

Looks like there's a good chance we're keeping him then. I'd give him a chance before Christmas, and then if there is still no signs of improvement surely he has to go

I've got no doubt in my mind that AVB will give him a fair chance if he's here next week.

Terrible shame about GDS, as the lad had so much raw potential and was almost world class when he played for Mexico.

But despite numerous chances here at Spurs, he never took the opportunities afforded him.

Oh well...

how much is the reported deal? Selling him and VDV could quite possibly finance the Moutinho deal

how much is the reported deal? Selling him and VDV could quite possibly finance the Moutinho deal

I've not heard any sum mentioned for GDS but I would imagine it to be around the 5m mark - slightly more than we paid for him four years ago.

If it is around that figure, it would balance the books during the summer dealings.

Good luck to him. He's always looked best in La Liga (some glimpses at Barca and Zaragoza deal). Shame it didn't work out for him here, he clearly has talent.

Whilst not unhappy at the deal, he wanted to be elsewhere..

How did he pass the medical if he pulled his calf?..

Whilst not unhappy at the deal, he wanted to be elsewhere..

How did he pass the medical if he pulled his calf?..

aren't medicals more to see if there are any long term problems rather than current fitness/injury levels

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back